Discussion: Media, The Press, Journalism, Cable News, Media Bias, and Other Media Issues

Good lord...

Our Fox affiliate is not bad, and it comes on at 9 p.m., making it much easier for me to watch since my day starts at 5:00 a.m. :/

Our Fox affiliate is not bad, and it comes on at 9 p.m., making it much easier for me to watch since my day starts at 5:00 a.m. :/

It's sort of funny comparing Fox Newtork to Fox News. I think throughout it's years of existence Fox might have been one of the most liberal networks with shows like Married with Children, 90210 and Simpson. It just goes to show you Rupert is only out for what makes him cash and not some hard core conservative.

But yeah local Fox channel news doesn't equal Fox News.

It's sort of funny comparing Fox Newtork to Fox News. I think throughout it's years of existence Fox might have been one of the most liberal networks with shows like Married with Children, 90210 and Simpson. It just goes to show you Rupert is only out for what makes him cash and not some hard core conservative.

But yeah local Fox channel news doesn't equal Fox News.

I don't think that has ever been in question....lol

Foxnews Sunday= only legitimate news show of the network. :o Wallace is a great host :up:

Fox News Admits O’Reilly Lied About Encounter with Irish Terrorists

t6k90clffb2i1djigy15.jpg

Did Bill O’Reilly personally witness “Irish terrorists kill and maim their fellow citizens in Belfast with bombs”? The answer, as you may have guessed, is definitely not. But in this particular case, his long-time employer Fox News is openly admitting to their top anchor’s fabrication.

Last week, the network dismissed a widening array of allegations against O’Reilly as “nothing more than an orchestrated campaign by far left advocates” and argued that “responding to the unproven accusation du jour has become an exercise in futility.”

But Fox News did respond to questions posed by Paul Farhi of the Washington Post, about a 2013 book in which O’Reilly wrote, “I’ve seen soldiers gun down unarmed civilians in Latin America, Irish terrorists kill and maim their fellow citizens in Belfast with bombs.” In a statement to the Post, the network admits that O’Reilly did not actually see anything of the sort:

Asked about O'Reilly’s statements Friday, a Fox News spokesman said that O’Reilly was not an eyewitness to any bombings or injuries in Northern Ireland. Instead, he was shown photos of bombings by Protestant police officers.

Want to read more about O’Reilly’s dangerous adventures? The book in which he originally claimed to have witnessed the Belfast bombings, Keep It Pithy: Useful Observations in a Tough World: An Essential Collection of Writings By One of the Most Powerful Voices in Media Today, can be purchased on BillOReilly.com for $21.99.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...5e7f66-bea4-11e4-b274-e5209a3bc9a9_story.html

He is such a tool, the fact people listen to that idiot makes my brain hurt

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/fox-news-channel-developing-weekend-program-for-greg-gutfeld-1201442457/

It sucks that Greg is leaving Red Eye, but I'm looking forward to his new show.

Definitely looking forward to this as well. Red Eye will not be the same. And I hope that they don't suffocate him under a cloud of censorship on this new show. He needs to be able to be the ass that he normally is, that is what makes him so lovable. And let him be the Libertarian that he is as well with no chains.

Foxnews Sunday= only legitimate news show of the network. :o Wallace is a great host :up:
I view Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith to be the only good news anchors at Fox. Megyn Kelly is alright. The rest are garbage.

I view Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith to be the only good news anchors at Fox. Megyn Kelly is alright. The rest are garbage.

Agreed

I don't think that has ever been in question....lol

you'd be surprised
less media savvy people confuse them pretty easily
my gf doesn't care at all about politics, and whenever Fox 5 NY news comes on, she's like "turn it off, I don't wanna hear fake news"
to which I have to respond "no that's the other one"

Last edited:
I got hooked on Fox news a few months back. Everyday I tune in to at least something from the network. I love The Five and Red Eye(although it sucks that Greg left).

I got hooked on Fox news a few months back. Everyday I tune in to at least something from the network. I love The Five and Red Eye(although it sucks that Greg left).

Those are really the only two shows of their's that I watch. Greg and Bob work great together on The Five, hopefully he'll be a regular guest on Greg's new show.

I watched Kelly's interview of Giuliana....it was obvious she pissed him off more than a few times. It was one of the better interviews of any of the media outlets that I watched.

Megyn Kelly is ok for me. I have become a huge fan of Dana Perino however.

Megyen Kelly.. :ilv:

Dana Perino.. :atp:

Bill O'reilly... wait a minute what happened to the Beautiful women!? :cmad:

No doubt, beautiful women on Foxnews and to be fair some intelligent even if politically different views compared to some of us.

What I have noticed is that the O'reilly Factor has usually been good for entertainment. We all know it isn't exactly real journalism/news. What I've noticed tuning in for a bit of the show now and then?

O'reilly has become an infomercial for himself :eek:

It is one thing for him to entertain with his opinions about different topics on race and politics... but now he is literally using the show to just sell stuff :shrug: Pimping out his Killing Everything books and now his bad tv movies as being critically acclaimed. :dry:

Even the core fans who believe in every word he says, have got to notice wayyyyyy too much selling going on. :o

Jon Stewart destroys Fox News scrooge Varney
[YT]Qtvb0tugSNA[/YT]

No doubt, beautiful women on Foxnews and to be fair some intelligent even if politically different views compared to some of us.

What I have noticed is that the O'reilly Factor has usually been good for entertainment. We all know it isn't exactly real journalism/news. What I've noticed tuning in for a bit of the show now and then?

O'reilly has become an infomercial for himself :eek:

It is one thing for him to entertain with his opinions about different topics on race and politics... but now he is literally using the show to just sell stuff :shrug: Pimping out his Killing Everything books and now his bad tv movies as being critically acclaimed. :dry:

Even the core fans who believe in every word he says, have got to notice wayyyyyy too much selling going on. :o

I liked National Geographics "Killing Jesus". I thought it was well done.

Megyen Kelly.. :ilv:

Dana Perino.. :atp:

Bill O'reilly... wait a minute what happened to the Beautiful women!? :cmad:

I watch The 5 and The Kelly Files the most. I was watching Greta Van Sustren and was actually a big fan of hers from CNN, but she REALLY screwed up the Baltimore riot stuff and I tuned out on her show. I loved Red Eye, but not that Greg Gutfield is not on it, it's not any good anymore. The rest of the programming is crap.

This seemed to happen alot of Rand's dad alot

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-explains-why-rand-paul-was-left-out-of-2016-poll-graphic/

A funny thing happened on Thursday morning when Fox & Friends presented the results of the most recent Quinnipiac poll that found five Republican presidential candidates tied for first place with 10% each. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who finished sixth on the list with 7%, was no where to be found:

Instead, both Carly Fiorina and John Kasich made it into Fox’s top 10 graphic at 2% a piece. The number 10 is key because Fox has said it will only allow the top 10 finishers in the most recent polling participate in its first GOP debate this August.
Screen-Shot-2015-05-29-at-3.24.27-PM.png

I think Rand Paul will be a bit harder to ignore, since he's a sitting senator. Oh, they'll try. But it's not as easy.

I liked National Geographics "Killing Jesus". I thought it was well done.

I thought it as rather interesting. I still have yet to watch the rest of Killing Kennedy. I was only able to watch maybe 20 minutes of it. Also I still need to watch Killing Lincoln. Not sure when that came out?

Anyone see FAUX news had the Duggar idiots on there so they could get a national platform to try and excuse the molestation of their daughters by their own son? Some great reporting they are doing over there :o

I read snippets from it but refused to watch the actual 'interview'. The questions were all just fluff to let them excuse themselves from being terrible people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"