Diseased Maniacs: The Villains Thread with POLL

Brainiac easily the single most famous superhero comic villain to never be in a live action movie yet. It's time to let him have his day in the limelight.

From the animated stuff I’ve seen lobo is a character, I’ll say just not for me. Could it work? Any character can be well , but he’s as bad as any character I’ve seen.

I think you can do Lobo under the right circumstances and seeing that we're living in the Gunnverse, it's gonna happen.

As the main villain? No.
But, I could see him as a secondary villain.
Perhaps Brainiac hires him because he's heard a surviving kryptonian exists and he sends Lobo to investigate and capture if he finds him.

I think you can do Lobo under the right circumstances and seeing that we're living in the Gunnverse, it's gonna happen.
Not necessarily as a Supes villain, though. I’m fine with Lobo existing or even getting his own franchise in the DCU, but the recent media push to make him a Supes villain is just no bueno for me.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Lobo at the very least feels like a secondary villain in Supes 3rd or 4th film.

I think Lobo works better as an anti-hero who fights against and teams up with the various DC heroes, depending on his agenda. He is the guy who works for the lead villain before he is forced to switch sides because the villain turns on him too and he and the hero then have a mutual enemy.

In the animated series Brainiac hires Lobo to bring him superman. That could be fun to see

I think it was the Preserver not Brainiac who hired Lobo in STAS. Then again it's been a long while since I've seen the animated series so I could be wrong.
You are correct.

I don't know if Lobo is always this way but I liked his appearance in the animated film that had Supes up against Parasite, I can't remember the name but it was basically origin story with the goggles and what not and then into Metropolis.

If that's usual Lobo then I can see him working just as a annoying bounty hunter that is an anti-hero.

Brainiac easily the single most famous superhero comic villain to never be in a live action movie yet. It's time to let him have his day in the limelight.
Got to be one of the most overdue CBM villains yet to see the big screen. He can be huge if they get him right.

Not necessarily as a Supes villain, though. I’m fine with Lobo existing or even getting his own franchise in the DCU, but the recent media push to make him a Supes villain is just no bueno for me.
Yeah, that's the part that will never work for me. It wouldn't be a big surprise if Lobo appeals to Gunn and he wants to work him in, but I'll always only take him as a general DC villain/anti-hero, never a Supes-specific character.

I would like to see Metallo as a back up villan or as someone lex luthor employs or creates in the lab, he was great in a batman and lois lane team up where his kryptonite beam was effective on batman as well as kryptonians.

Come the third or fourth Superman movie, I'd send Clark into space (Warworld) with Lobo as the main supporting character. The Thor Ragnarok of the series.

Boyscout Clark paired with dirtbag Lobo sounds like an appealing movie to me. Maybe that's where Clark learns to let his hair down a bit, literally.

Yeah, that's the part that will never work for me. It wouldn't be a big surprise if Lobo appeals to Gunn and he wants to work him in, but I'll always only take him as a general DC villain/anti-hero, never a Supes-specific character.

A buddy comedy between boy-scout Supes and a dirtbag Lobo, sounds like an appealing movie to me. Out in space like Thor Ragnarok. Butting heads at first, and then bonding through an expected love of heavy metal or something

A buddy comedy between boy-scout Supes and a dirtbag Lobo, sounds like an appealing movie to me. Out in space like Thor Ragnarok. Butting heads at first, and then bonding through an expected love of heavy metal or something
I’d take that as an entertaining comedy off-shoot after we’d got a bunch of traditional Supes appearances. :D

I actually think having animation included in the DCU makes it so we could get small side stories like that, things that wouldn't really need a full film could be explored in 90 minute animated formats, that is of course if Gunn and Safran are seriously considering the animation side.

I actually think having animation included in the DCU makes it so we could get small side stories like that, things that wouldn't really need a full film could be explored in 90 minute animated formats, that is of course if Gunn and Safran are seriously considering the animation side.
I’m up for getting as much quality animation out as possible (although Zaslav could make that more difficult than necessary). Do you mean with the live action actors or substitute voice actors?

I’m up for getting as much quality animation out as possible (although Zaslav could make that more difficult than necessary). Do you mean with the live action actors or substitute voice actors?
Love action actors have been said they will be the voices of the animated parts. It will be interesting to see if this happens but it's a cool idea.

It almost "feels" like there won't be a "real" supervlllain in this like Brainiac or metallo.
To me, it feels kinda like superman vs the elite.
A man with old fashioned morals and ideas, a boyscout vs
the more modern, Ultra violent, heroes.

It almost "feels" like there won't be a "real" supervlllain in this like Brainiac or metallo.
To me, it feels kinda like superman vs the elite.
A man with old fashioned morals and ideas, a boyscout vs
the more modern, Ultra violent, heroes.

I think Parasite would be a great villain to showcase this, as he may not be able to be defeated through violence, absorbing the powers of all the JSA / Authority heroes trying to fight it, making things worse. Maybe it's up to Supes and a more sympathetic approach to save the day.

Maybe that kindness and sympathy (instead of just instantly "destroying" those you deem guilty, something Gunn has experienced first hand) is the line in the sand Supes draws, as he finally steps up into a leadership role himself, standing for what he believes in, forming the JLA together with those who are on the same page as him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"