Diseased Maniacs: The Villains Thread with POLL

I've been afraid to say because I basically assumed it was final and maybe it still is, but I wouldn't mind not getting Brainiac.

I've been afraid to say because I basically assumed it was final and maybe it still is, but I wouldn't mind not getting Brainiac.
I'm perfectly fine with this movie having lower stakes to start off this new Superman trilogy, besides Brainiac would feel one too similar with Zod.

I'm assuming that Lex and Superman will have a history in this, which probably means that supes will have most likely already dealt with some of the minions of Lex, ie, intergang, metallo.

I'm assuming that Lex and Superman will have a history in this, which probably means that supes will have most likely already dealt with some of the minions of Lex, ie, intergang, metallo.
I would like him to have faced against other villains but knowing Gunns ability to grab weird characters and make them interesting I would prefer he go down that route rather than taking someone like Metallo or intergang that could be used as fun villains even if still used as smaller villains of the films.

All these films, animated films, TV series, and video games are supposed to be connected, so I think it's pretty safe to say while each film will have it's own hero and villain storyline, there will most likely be a big bad that has a presence in each film also.
It Could be Brainiac, Darkseid, Mongul, or even someone else like the antimonitor.

New rumours today...hope they're not true...
If you're talking about the tweets from CWGST/MTTSH, it's not true. Even when she was still reliable with her Marvel scoops, she was never reliable with her DC info.

What was the rumor?

New rumours today...hope they're not true...
I don’t hate it actually. The truth is, we live in a world where a joker movie made a lot more money than a superman one.

Maybe now is the time to openly challenge that? Just say just because you can hurt someone doesn’t mean you should and that trying to help is it’s own superpower.

Plus it develops Lex in a way we haven’t seen before. So I’m open to it

I still think a low budget Lex origin film
( pre superman ) would have been great.
The very ending could have been superman's 1st appearance.

It'd be good if they used Lex Luthor: The Unauthorised Biography as the basis for such a film.

I had the idea a while back that a Lex movie that was inspired by The Sopranos, we a side of Lex and his cronies that we aren't use to, something dark but humorous and the villains of the film are Lois, Clark and Jimmy investigating him and getting in his way but we don't see them as often they just are around like undercover cops.

I had the idea a while back that a Lex movie that was inspired by The Sopranos, we a side of Lex and his cronies that we aren't use to, something dark but humorous and the villains of the film are Lois, Clark and Jimmy investigating him and getting in his way but we don't see them as often they just are around like undercover cops.
I wrote an idea not long ago about a Lex origin film.
From childhood to adulthood.

We would see how brilliant lex was as a child
( correcting teachers in grade school, writing out complicated math formulas while they sit and watch )
Graduating HS at 11, getting a PHD at 15, another at 16, first billion at 18, etc etc
Forms Lexcorp at 20.

I've been watching a lot of Kenneth Branagh movies lately. I think he'd be great in a role like Morgan Edge or Bruno Mannheim. One of those corrupt businessman/crime boss-types who's a second to Luthor in terms of influence and power, but who has his uses, etc. Or, if he weren't opposed to doing motion capture work or simply providing the voice, I think he'd be great as a heavy hitter like Brainiac, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"