Disney Movie Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Its about time I opened a thread about this.

Last edited:
Merida is an official Disney Princess.

So let's see:

Snow White
Cinderella
Aurora
Ariel
Belle
Jasmine
Pocahontas
Mulan
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida
Elsa
Anna

So thirteen princesses.

I believe Anna is #12 and Elsa is #13.

So let's see:

Snow White
Cinderella
Aurora
Ariel
Belle
Jasmine
Pocahontas
Mulan
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida
Elsa
Anna

So thirteen princesses.

Technically Elsa is a Queen. But yes so far their are a total of 13 princess

Frozen won a Golden Globe last night

i can't believe i let my free pass expire before seeing it :doh:

THE LION KING Australia: Cast Sings Circle of Life on Flight Home from Brisbane
[YT]watch?v=wgSLxl1oAwA[/YT]

The Lion King opened 20 years ago. Holy Hakuna Matata.

So let's see:

Snow White
Cinderella
Aurora
Ariel
Belle
Jasmine
Pocahontas
Mulan
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida
Elsa
Anna

So thirteen princesses.

Can someone do a scene of

Alice
Wendy
Shanti
Eilonwy
Esmeralda
Megara
Jane
Kida
Audrey
Lilo
& Amelia

kicking all 13 of those "official" princess asses!:oldrazz:
audrey-2.gif

Last edited:
My favourite princess is probably tiana.

What are you hoping Disney does next? I would love to see a Bollywood princess or maybe one based on some classic Jewish stories

Disney is not going to touch religion with a 20 yard stick. So, do not expect anything related to an Abrahamic religion.

But I could see them doing India one day. They are doing a South Pacific story next from the filmmakers of The Little Mermaid and Aladdin--and on a lesser note Hercules and The Princess and the Frog. That is due in 2018.

They also had "Giants" coming out in 2016. But I suspect that might be a bit more classical and lot less DreamWorks-esque as the title would suggest after Frozen's success. We will see.

They already did India once, albeit with a male lead.

What's with this new release of the Lion King?

My favourite princess is probably tiana.

What are you hoping Disney does next? I would love to see a Bollywood princess or maybe one based on some classic Jewish stories

I just want more fairy-tales movies, thats all or films similar to Hercules/Aladdin.

What's with this new release of the Lion King?

Unless I'm mistaken, that's one of a wave of re-releases that the UK is getting of Vault films that I believe don't come with extras (or very sparse ones, if so) and are not marked as Diamond Editions. Beauty and the Beast and Snow White are also being released. It's too bad they're region B locked, otherwise I would order them since I missed out on getting their Diamond Editions.

I just want more fairy-tales movies, thats all or films similar to Hercules/Aladdin.

Yeah that would be cool. I'm shocked the next Disney fairy tale hasn't been announced yet after frozen was such a success

Disney's probably looking over which princess stories would be the most marketable. Frozen was sort of a fluke though, it's so far removed from the Andersen story that it's practically an original movie, and nobody had any idea it would be such a hit. The Andersen story certainly isn't a classic princess tale, there aren't even any princesses in it.

There's a cool children's book from the 1960s called The King with Six Friends that I always thought would make an awesome Disney movie, but it's mostly got male characters. There's only one princess and she's pretty much nothing but a trophy in the story, she'd have to be rewritten. It's about a young deposed king who goes wandering and meets up with various wacky shape-shifting characters and they all end up going on a quest together. Not much of a plot but that wouldn't be a problem for Disney.

There are a lot of folk tales and legends to take from they have yet to touch.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's one of a wave of re-releases that the UK is getting of Vault films that I believe don't come with extras (or very sparse ones, if so) and are not marked as Diamond Editions. Beauty and the Beast and Snow White are also being released. It's too bad they're region B locked, otherwise I would order them since I missed out on getting their Diamond Editions.

Thanks for the info. :) Are the diamond editions not available anymore?

Isn't Jack and the Beanstalk, Giants, the next Disney fairy-tale movie?

Thanks for the info. :) Are the diamond editions not available anymore?

You're welcome. :) Not for those three. They put Snow White back in the Vault in November 2011, Beauty and the Beast and Bambi in April 2012, The Lion King and Lady and the Tramp in Aprils 2013 and Peter Pan April 2014. Cinderella, The Little Mermaid and The Jungle Book are still being produced for now. Sleeping Beauty is coming next month, 101 Dalmatians in February and presumably then Aladdin next October and Pinocchio in February, looking at their previous release schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"