Disney Movie Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Phoebus in the film and the stage adaptation is a meld of the book Phoebus and another character from the book Pierre Gringoire.

You know who would make for a decent Ariel in the live action Disney adaptation they've got cooking? Kiernan Shipka.

I like her but no. Her acting is ok but not good enough for Ariel.

Hasn't Chloe Moretz already been cast as Ariel, that's what I thought anyhoo...

No. She's part of a different Littler Mermaid adaption.

I like her but no. Her acting is ok but not good enough for Ariel.

The singing part is more important. All Ariel does is cry and whine for half the movie anyway. :o

Actually, what prompted me to think of her for the role was seeing her in the show "Feud". She's got angsty teenager down pretty good there.

Last edited:
The song "Evermore" from the new Beauty and the Beast reminded me a lot of Quasimodo's songs from Hunchback.

Is that the one that Beast sings solo from the top of the castle? If so, that was my favorite part of the movie because it reminded me so much of Quasimodo singing "out there". Love a good passionate male solo like that. :up:

Is that the one that Beast sings solo from the top of the castle? If so, that was my favorite part of the movie because it reminded me so much of Quasimodo singing "out there". Love a good passionate male solo like that. :up:

Yep, that was it.

Surprised Tom Hulce never tried to make a career in musical theater. He's got an incredible voice.

i'm a bit late to the Hunchback convo, but since we're talking B&tB too, you can see Belle and Magic Carpet in the intro :)

also, the new Little Mermaid movie that's coming out with the boy from Narnia, that's not the disney adaptation right? i think Shirley MacClaine is in it too? that looks like it could be really good

The singing part is more important. All Ariel does is cry and whine for half the movie anyway. :o

Actually, what prompted me to think of her for the role was seeing her in the show "Feud". She's got angsty teenager down pretty good there.

tenor.gif

Ariel is the best!

Yeah I like Ariel too and I totally get that although being under the sea is cool for some peeps it just wasn't the right fit for her and she wanted to go somewhere else where she could be herself.

The no music thing is something to think about though for Mulan. At first I thought Mulan didn't always have the best songs but there's at least one good one and Mulan without singing has been done before

Niki Caro has retracted her previous statement and she's now said that she doesn't yet know whether the movie will feature any songs or not.

Speaking of Disney...

C8DibkhVAAAUpE0.jpg

So... when are we going to learn more about "Untitled Fairy Tale"? Because, at least according to Wikipedia, the movie is due to be released on July 28, and, well, that's four months from now.

tenor.gif

Ariel is the best!

I like Ariel, but she isn't the most complex character. Watching it as an adult she comes off as way too immature. But hey, at least she's not boring like Snow White or Aurora.

Niki Caro has retracted her previous statement and she's now said that she doesn't yet know whether the movie will feature any songs or not.

Yeah, she's backpedaling because A.) people pitched a fit about it on Twitter when it was announced there wouldn't be songs and B.) she said that before Beauty and the Beast exploded at the box office. The studio execs will surely force the inclusion of songs in it now.

So... when are we going to learn more about "Untitled Fairy Tale"? Because, at least according to Wikipedia, the movie is due to be released on July 28, and, well, that's four months from now.

Unless Disney made a secret movie "10 Cloverfield Lane" style, I can't see that happening.

What's "Born in China"?

Anyway, great list. Can't wait to see them all!

Drizzle said:
I like Ariel, but she isn't the most complex character. Watching it as an adult she comes off as way too immature. But hey, at least she's not boring like Snow White or Aurora.

Aurora isn't really a fair comparison since she's only a relatively minor supporting character (albeit vitally important to the plot). She's not the lead protagonist like Ariel.

I loved Aurora, she had the prettiest singing voice. :funny:

Unless Disney made a secret movie "10 Cloverfield Lane" style, I can't see that happening.
And yet the movie is apparently still on their schedule. That picture is very recent, after all. My bet is that it's going to be some random flick, probably this one.

What's "Born in China"?
A documentary about pandas, monkeys and snow leopards.

It looks like having gay characters didn't hurt beauty and the beasts numbers at all. I wonder who else will be outed in future adaptions? Guy Ritchie had the first gay gangster in rocknrolla actually so I could see him being an ally

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"