Disney/Pixar's The Incredibles 2 - Part 1

It's not if Disney/Pixar wants to make a third, it's if Brad Bird wants to make a third. It's all down to him. And at the moment, he seems burnt out on sequels and "franchises". His next film is live-action so a third Incredibles probably won't be for another decade knowing him.

Really hope this can cross the $1 billion mark, it's got a staggered world release date across the world until late September so I'm guessing it'll stay in most cinemas until at least October, it's 'only' got another $130+ million to find to do that.

Given Japan is amongst those countries yet to release it, I'm guessing it can as well as repeat business elsewhere plus here in the UK, it's already got £12.5 million off the back of first weekend.

Really hope this can cross the $1 billion mark, it's got a staggered world release date across the world until late September so I'm guessing it'll stay in most cinemas until at least October, it's 'only' got another $130+ million to find to do that.

Given Japan is amongst those countries yet to release it, I'm guessing it can as well as repeat business elsewhere plus here in the UK, it's already got £12.5 million off the back of first weekend.

I was wondering why the overseas was so slow?! Think it will easily pass $1b.

I2 made 29M this weekend for 504M domestic total. AMatW didn't break out so double feature probably didn't help too much.

575M is probably dead, unless summer weekdays really work.
Should be there before Friday. :woot:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=theincredibles2.htm

So far, it has been staying above Toy Story 3, which still had about 25m left in its run. If the Incredibles can continue to do that, it could very well make it to 600m. Either way, it should be close and it should beat the old domestic animation record by over 100m. That's pretty amazing.

Last edited:
It's there:

https://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/incredibles-2-crosses-1-billion-worldwide-1202891015/

Disney-Pixar’s superhero sequel hit the $1 billion mark globally, making it the seventh animated film to reach that milestone. “Incredibles 2” has generated $574 million in North America and $430 million internationally for a worldwide total of $1.005 billion.

giphy.gif

Okay, I don't know why this double posted, but my bad.

When is its release date on bluray?

Weird. We would know by now, right?

Given it's had a scheduled staggered release date until September across Europe, that may be the reason why it's a bit sketchy at the moment.

So there's probably HD pirated version online before it's released in some countries.

When is its release date on bluray?

I'm guessing early November since that's when Pixar usually releases their summer movies on DVD/Blu-ray/Digital.

I2 made 29M this weekend for 504M domestic total. AMatW didn't break out so double feature probably didn't help too much.

575M is probably dead, unless summer weekdays really work.
Passed 600m this weekend. First animated film to do that. :hehe:

Box Office: 'Ant-Man And The Wasp' Drops 83% In China, 'Incredibles 2' Tops $600M

Because, in the other big Disney news, Incredibles 2 has raced past $600 million. The Pixar sequel got a Labor Day expansion to over 2,800 theaters, which did the trick. The Brad Bird superhero sequel has now earned $1.164 billion worldwide, putting it past Minions as the second-biggest animated movie ever in global grosses. This makes 2018 the first year (inflation notwithstanding) with three $600m+ domestic earners, following Black Panther ($700m) and Avengers: Infinity War ($678m) earlier this year. Of the six movies over $600m, four of them are Disney flicks and the other two are James Cameron epics.

Why did you have to dig up my post from 2 months ago? I can find right in this thread much less accurate predictions (something like 450-500M) for you to dig up.
In this thread? Are there any real predictions here, as everything is post release in this thread? Also I did find it slightly funny that when you would have posted that, it would have run completely contradictory to the numbers as they were at that moment. It was never running behind Dory early or Toy Story 3 later.

High Powered Animated Openers

In this thread? Are there any real predictions here, as everything is post release in this thread? Also I did find it slightly funny that when you would have posted that, it would have run completely contradictory to the numbers as they were at that moment. It was never running behind Dory early or Toy Story 3 later.

High Powered Animated Openers

Yes, there are less accurate predictions right in this thread back in Part 0 (current is Part 1). But no matter how wildly inaccurate my prediction turns out to be I don't think dragging up other people's box office predictions from 2 months ago (which has been totally wrong for more than a month) serves any purpose, unless you want to shame me for not having enough box office knowledge and making inaccurate predictions. And you have quoted that post of mine before a month ago (right after the movie made 575M iirc) and I didn't reply to that, so dragging it up for a second time (when the prediction is even more inaccurate) is really absurd.

Anyone I don't want to discuss this matter anymore just please stop quoting that post.

I'm excited for that because I thought the movie could have used a little more Edna. It also feels like it's been forever since this came out in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"