Disney's live-action "Mulan"

It'd still be going back and adding a major supporting character, and all the scenes they'd have to reshoot with him, and how much his existence would affect the overall narrative.
That is true. But that is different then say re-casting Marty or Mulan. Who are pretty much in every last bit of their films, outside of villain only scenes.

This whole thing has been so disappointing. I thought a mulan remake would be the easiest to adapt

Disney needs Feige to help oversee these terrible remakes,,,I'm sure he is not too busy..:o

Disney needs Feige to help oversee these terrible remakes,,,I'm sure he is not too busy..:o

Feige- How about this. "The Princess-Verse"

Mulan
Ariel
Belle

Disney- You had us at "How"

And what does Feige knowing about Marvel comic books have anything to do with Disney animated films?

1TA5c9y.jpg

New trailer tomorrow.

So they basically left out every humorous character. The only sidekick that made the cut is the falcon. I know it's a war story but goddamn.

Looks like no time for singing here. There's a serious battle going on. Time to get down to business

Although there might be some version of "Reflection". Probably the end credits?

ELALhCSVAAID_1O.jpg

AT LAST!

A Disney live action remake that actually has life to it! That new trailer has more energy than Remake Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin combined. Fa Mulan really has brought back honor to us all.

My only gripe, why would it be a big deal now for a woman to be fighting in the army when the Huns have a sorceress on the battlefield fighting with them and no one has a problem with that? Granted Mulan’s posing as a man, but that just makes Shang and them look like hypocrites.

Last edited:
AT LAST!

A Disney live action remake that actually has life to it! That new trailer has more energy than Remake Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin combined. Fa Mulan really has brought back honor to us all.

My only gripe, why would it be a big deal now for a woman fighting in the army when the Hun has a sorceress on the battlefield fighting with him and no one has a problem with that? Granted she’s posing as a man, but that just makes Shang and them look like hypocrites.

I gotta say... I was on the "why" train until I saw this. This looks like an awesome martial arts/war movie that just HAPPENS to be a remake of a Disney animated film. Also, I'm a sucker for sword fights and martial arts. Just...love 'em.

Haven't seen the trailer so won't pass judgement, what I am more interested in at the moment is how will Liu Yifei's political affiliation effect the movie.

A lot of #BoycottMulan on my news feed. Few examples below
ELBwF7wVUAA-_u4

EK-87FrUEAAqQp3

It’s not going to affect anything about the situation in Hong Kong whether or not people go to see Mulan.

I really want to like this one. It looks nice, and I like the new costume, but the lead looks really flat across both trailers and it stops me from being excited for it.

AT LAST!

My only gripe, why would it be a big deal now for a woman fighting in the army when the Hun has a sorceress on the battlefield fighting with him and no one has a problem with that? Granted she’s posing as a man, but that just makes Shang and them look like hypocrites.
To be fair, said sorceress has powers, so in a practical sense, she was beneficial to their side. Mulan herself is just a normal human woman, so logically speaking, I'm sure they'll give pause to that fact when they could've conscripted a man in her stead instead.

Won't see it in theaters but will check it out on Disney +. Does look good to me though

Much better trailer IMO, and I definitely got a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon vibe. Now, I'm actually really starting to look forward to this even though I'm still not quite feeling the lead girl so far. I mean I'd be lined up for it just to see Donnie Yen, Jet Li and Gong Li all in the same film though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"