Disney's live-action "Mulan"

Wow. When I see this stuff, I immediately imagine them remaking a classic movie with all this pandering, and the dreck it would become because of it. Was Shang a total oppressive dude or something? I thought he was just a commanding officer or something who pursued her after she left the military...granted, I haven't seen this movie in years...

Wow. When I see this stuff, I immediately imagine them remaking a classic movie with all this pandering, and the dreck it would become because of it. Was Shang a total oppressive dude or something? I thought he was just a commanding officer or something who pursued her after she left the military...granted, I haven't seen this movie in years...

Yes he was just a commanding officer. He's hard-nosed and puts them under a tough training regimen (because they're a motley crew that need whipped into shape), but he's just doing his job. He's not cruel, or going out of his way to be oppressive for the hell of it or anything.

This is phony virtue signaling at its most ridiculous.

Last edited:
Yes he was just a commanding officer.

This is phony virtue signaling at its most ridiculous.
Cool...I was just making sure I didn't miss some big plot detail or something. Yeah, I could have googled it....but you miss interacting with people that way.

And there's the drop.

This may be the first year we get tentpoles before the rest of the world, usually it's vice versa. Wish it was under better circumstances.
Wrong! The movie comes out in a Wednesday in my country, two days before America. And I've looked in IMDb, it comes out earlier as well in a couple of countries before the U.S.

Wrong! The movie comes out in a Wednesday in my country, two days before America. And I've looked in IMDb, it comes out earlier as well in a couple of countries before the U.S.

Not sure how updated IMDb:s list is. It still says it will be released in China 27 March

Not sure how updated IMDb:s list is. It still says it will be released in China 27 March
It is not updated as of today, but the dates listed there obviously didnt pop out of nowhere. IMDb isn't eXactly Wikipedia.

Mulan comes out in at least 24 countries (not counting Hong Kong/Italy) before the U.S.

If they can't release it in China, or it's not going to be a big hit there now anyway, then they should add back the songs. Imagine if they took all of that away, and then if it didn't matter anyway because China became a non-factor.

If they can't release it in China, or it's not going to be a big hit there now anyway, then they should add back the songs. Imagine if they took all of that away, and then if it didn't matter anyway because China became a non-factor.

I don't like the reasons they took out the songs (if that's why they took them out), but I do like the fact that they took them out. I also like the fact that it doesn't feel like a carbon copy of the animated film.

Personally, I find that they should've taken out every song except the Genie's (because magic) from Aladdin, as well. They just didn't work in context.

I also like how Tim Burton's Dumbo did its own thing with the material, while paying homage to the animated classic.

Last edited:
Which country is that?

If the movie wasn’t shot or conceived that way, why would you destroy what the filmmaker intended by adding things that won’t fit the current film. That’s how disasters are made.

At this point, It is what it is.

If the movie wasn’t shot or conceived that way, why would you destroy what the filmmaker intended by adding things that won’t fit the current film. That’s how disasters are made.

At this point, It is what it is.

Agreed. As someone who can't stand musicals, I'm fine with them never adding the song back into it. Let's see what war is like without singing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"