DL Hawkins:Dead or Alive?

Theres also that off chance that DL didnt even see the gun...

It doesn't matter..he know the guy wasn't over there to be friendly. At the least he should have been ready for the guy to try to hit him.. AGAIN.
It was a stupid death for a character with his powers.

Like I said before, He was just shot like, what 3 months ago? Someone isn't going to forget that so quickly.

Plus, I don't understand how he was able to come back from that so quickly AND become a Fire Fighter! That takes more time than 3 months!

I think he's NOT dead.:oldrazz:

We didn't see him die. We didn't see him get shot. We didn't even see who got shot. It could have been Niki's blood (don't ask me how, but it's possible). There's something important in between the gunshot and the funeral that we didn't see. I think Niki and Bob made some complicated arrangement that included DL faking his death. When Bob showed up at the funeral, Niki gave him a strange look, not the look of a grieving widow, imo. And I'm no expert on child psychology, but Micah doesn't seem too distraught over his recently deceased Dad either (or maybe I'm just remembering those slow-ass episodes wrong).

Plus, with DL's powers, he could phase right out of his coffin without leaving a trace.:cwink:

You guys do realize that there was a crowd of people behind him, and he likely took the bullet so no one else would be harmed, right?

Afterall, he was turning into quiet a "hero" in Four Months Ago. His death was ment to show that literally no one on the cast is safe. You know, other than Noah, Peter, Claire and Hiro. And maybe Nathan. And probably Nikki/Micah. But other than that, everyone's expendable.

Besides, I thought I read somewhere that the actor didn't want to play the role anymore and requested to be written off the show.

Like I said before, He was just shot like, what 3 months ago? Someone isn't going to forget that so quickly.

Plus, I don't understand how he was able to come back from that so quickly AND become a Fire Fighter! That takes more time than 3 months!

he didn't become a firefighter, he just borrowed the suit

I don't think there are many ways to get out of DL dying this time. I mean, they had a funeral and everything.

-TNC

D.L. sure gets shot a lot, the guy can phase but whatever :whatever:

I don't think there are many ways to get out of DL dying this time. I mean, they had a funeral and everything

"Cough" Every since the first time Nikki turned the company down the company started spying on Nikki & DL & when they saw that she was heading to a club they got there first & paid a guy to hit on Nikki & kill DL knowing that DL would come & DL gets shot right there & then & then the company takes DLs dead body away & they can bring in a person that they know with the ability to bring dead people back to life & the company takes away his powers like they did with Sylar so that they can get Nikki on board & DL is hidden away & is captured somewhere & as for the funeral the company could have easily had a hand in that somehow without Nikki knowing their involvement.

You guys do realize that there was a crowd of people behind him, and he likely took the bullet so no one else would be harmed, right?

Afterall, he was turning into quiet a "hero" in Four Months Ago. His death was ment to show that literally no one on the cast is safe. You know, other than Noah, Peter, Claire and Hiro. And maybe Nathan. And probably Nikki/Micah. But other than that, everyone's expendable.

Besides, I thought I read somewhere that the actor didn't want to play the role anymore and requested to be written off the show.

bull****. so ur saying that DL had enough time to think "oh no im gonna get shot, but im not gonna phase becuase theres people behind me and they might get hurt". if he had that much time to think, he couldve phased.

really? I thought he'd just snuck in there.

No, he became a firefighter. He told micah that he just got a job and that micah would be proud of him (after he said they should go out there and be superheroes). And then Micah said he saw him on tv.

Not many ways of getting out of the death this time. I like the idea of him protecting the people behind him. I hope that was the case.

Resurrecting the topic. I am absolutely convinced that both DL and Niki are still alive. I believe it was planned that way all along. We never really saw DL die. If his body was buried, he could get out of his coffin without leaving a trace.

And if he is alive, he saved Niki from dying in the fire. They're coming back. Just wait.

DL better still be alive. He was one of the more interesting members of the cast, and nobody deserves the s***ty ass death that he had.

I hope he's somehow alive but I doubt it

I think D.L.'s dead. And considering Niki will also most likely join him this season, I don't think he's coming back.
Why do you say that? Personally I think Niki will be around for a while as Jessica or whatever. She already has been built as one of the main characters and has alot of storyline potential.

Is this post satire that I don't get?

A) DL was on the stairs... there was no one behind him.

B) Getting rid of a character who's plot has been repeatedly eviscerated does not show that 'no one is safe' Especially if your exceptions are the majority of the main cast.

C) I read somewhere that the actor wanted his character killed so he could have a ghost/memory scene in season 2. I had no reason to believe it, though, and no reason to report it to others as fact or argument.

DL could easily be rewritten as alive. A dose of Claireblood even.

Is this post satire that I don't get?

A) DL was on the stairs... there was no one behind him.

B) Getting rid of a character who's plot has been repeatedly eviscerated does not show that 'no one is safe' Especially if your exceptions are the majority of the main cast.

C) I read somewhere that the actor wanted his character killed so he could have a ghost/memory scene in season 2. I had no reason to believe it, though, and no reason to report it to others as fact or argument.

DL could easily be rewritten as alive. A dose of Claireblood even.

Leonard Roberts made it very clear in an interview with DS he did not want to be written out of the show, nor did he ask to be killed, however it happened and there was nothing he could do, however he also said if they ever did an episode set in the past or something he would come back on request. :o

i really liked the character... but i HATE shows that resurrect dead people...what cop-out.

if you really like the character DONT KILL him/her off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"