The Dark Knight Rises Do you see TDKR's reputation growing in future years?

I think, it will be more leveled. And not overrated, like now.
Few things, that can help people re-evaluate the movie:
1) There will be comic book movies, that match or exceed TDK;
2) Nolan makes a few average to bad movies;
3) New versions of Batman characters, that get as much praise, as Ledger's Joker.

Last edited:
That could easily go the other way too. Future comic book movies getting overblown with all the teamup stuff that's happening and not feeling as special as the trilogy. Nolan going on to make even better movies. Etc.

It can go either way but as for solo films? What is there that could potentially rival the trilogy? We have 1 solo film with Affleck and a Wonder Woman movie then we have some spidey movies in the works and captain america. By the looks of the new spidey, it looks pretty horrible. Sorry to Shika or the people who think it looks cool, but the costumes, the CG, the concept in general looks pretty bad to me. Then the franchise moves into Sinister Six land. There's no way a Cap or Thor movie gets even close to the trilogy's standards.

The only solo movie i see reaching that level or surpassing it is if Affleck really goes all out. I think it's the only one in the next 10 years. Maybe longer depending on who takes over for him and who takes over for Marc Webb.

Now the rumour is Ben's directing Justice League, so who knows where the solo movies will go for Bats.

I hope a new actor comes in and kills it as Joker and we get an AWESOME batman movie. Heck, i want the Spider-Man movie ive been longing to see since i was a kid, but as long as Sony is in charge, i dont see it happening.

That could easily go the other way too. Future comic book movies getting overblown with all the teamup stuff that's happening and not feeling as special as the trilogy. Nolan going on to make even better movies. Etc.
It could. And let's hope about the Nolan part. But the biggest help will be time. Right now, it's so mainstream, it's so fashionable. An ultimate dust-to-the-eyes movie.

What is there that could potentially rival the trilogy? We have 1 solo film with Affleck and a Wonder Woman movie then we have some spidey movies in the works and captain america.
Right now there's absolutely none.

The only solo movie i see reaching that level or surpassing it is if Affleck really goes all out. I think it's the only one in the next 10 years. Maybe longer depending on who takes over for him and who takes over for Marc Webb.
It definitely will take longer than 10 years. Affleck is VERY reluctant about all this comic book stuff. Yes, he was convinced to take the role of Batman, but I don't see him going "I have this fantastic idea I'm so excited about".

I hope a new actor comes in and kills it as Joker and we get an AWESOME batman movie. Heck, i want the Spider-Man movie ive been longing to see since i was a kid, but as long as Sony is in charge, i dont see it happening.
I don't see anyone killing the Joker in next 10 years. But other comic book characters have a chance.

It can go either way but as for solo films? What is there that could potentially rival the trilogy? We have 1 solo film with Affleck and a Wonder Woman movie then we have some spidey movies in the works and captain america. By the looks of the new spidey, it looks pretty horrible. Sorry to Shika or the people who think it looks cool, but the costumes, the CG, the concept in general looks pretty bad to me. Then the franchise moves into Sinister Six land. There's no way a Cap or Thor movie gets even close to the trilogy's standards.

Spot on. I have yet to watch the Spidey reboot...

I never really understood how some claim TDKR to be overrated. Underrated is more like it, especially with the criticism it gets. It seems like more people like BB over TDKR in these discussions that I have seen at other message boards.

It won't be long until people rank the Schumacher films above TDKT.

What if they ranked one of the Schumacher films over one of the Nolan films? What then?

Ok. I doubt that most people will start praising the Schumacher movies over the Nolan movies. I still believe that the Nolan Batman movies will be considered superhero masterpieces (more so for TDK than the other two), but there will be critics who will dispute that status.

Only the really bad fans would probably praise Batman and Robin or Batman Forever over TDKT

Batman Begins > Batman Forever

Batman Begins > Batman and Robin

The Dark Knight > Batman Forever

The Dark Knight > Batman and Robin

TDKR < Batman Forever

TDKR > Batman and Robin

TDKT? TDKT? So if one likes 2/3 of teh TDKT, but prefers 1/2 of the SBD (Schumacher Batman Duology) over just one of those in TDKT, does that make them a "bad fan". What is a "bad fan"?

Last edited:
I never really understood how some claim TDKR to be overrated. Underrated is more like it, especially with the criticism it gets. It seems like more people like BB over TDKR in these discussions that I have seen at other message boards.

Heh, if you go to one of my favorite Batman forums, nobody there likes any of the Nolan movies. If you think it's bad here, well, it's worse in other places. :woot:

Heh, if you go to one of my favorite Batman forums, nobody there likes any of the Nolan movies. If you think it's bad here, well, it's worse in other places. :woot:

What forum is that?

I would leave every forum permanently. :cwink:

CYhj2q9.jpg

I can't tell if that's excitement or dismay.

milost, glad I'm not really alone on my view of Batman movies. I find Batman Forever to be less flawed, than TDKR. I never hated Batman Forever, nor prior, nor after Nolan's movies. And some stuff, that people hate about BF, is what makes the movie tick for me. Humor, colorful and less depressing pictures, great designs for it's time, Carrey, one-liners and so on... Hell, I think, fantastic Arkham games were influenced by Batman Forever, at least, image-wise. And it had an amazing soundtrack. I also should point, that Batman Returns is my favorite Batman movie of all time. Maybe it's related. I hate B&R and I don't like TDKR. The rest movies are great or good.

If you took out the horrible Two-Face/TLJ, Forever would be a lot better.

Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face is alright if you look at him as this psychedelic, cracked up gremlin. He's certainly more interesting to watch than Bane or Talia. He's a different kind of terrible in a fun, "lolzy" way.

Besides,

"You have broken into our hideout. You have violated the sanctity of our lair. For this we should crush your bones into POWDER. However, you do pose a very interesting proposition: therefore, heads, we accept, and tails, we blow your damned head off!"

I think, it will be more leveled. And not overrated, like now.
Few things, that can help people re-evaluate the movie:
1) There will be comic book movies, that match or exceed TDK;
2) Nolan makes a few average to bad movies;
3) New versions of Batman characters, that get as much praise, as Ledger's Joker.

One day someone could make a comic book movie as good or better than TDK.

But it ain't gonna be anytime soon!

What made TDK and the whole trilogy so special, with TDK being the best fruition of this approach, is Nolan treated the material like serious literature, or at least something that can become serious cinema. As enjoyable as most of Marvel's movies are at Disney, they treat their films like products made to be disposable and lead in to the next one 3-6 months down the road. DC and Fox are emulating that model now, even Sony is with their terrible villain movie ideas.

It will not be anytime soon.

Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face is alright if you look at him as this psychedelic, cracked up gremlin. He's certainly more interesting to watch than Bane or Talia. He's a different kind of terrible in a fun, "lolzy" way.

Besides,

"You have broken into our hideout. You have violated the sanctity of our lair. For this we should crush your bones into POWDER. However, you do pose a very interesting proposition: therefore, heads, we accept, and tails, we blow your damned head off!"

The Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face that was a poor man's knockoff of Jack Nicholson's Joker, the second banana to Jim Carrey's version of the Riddler who ate a box of candy and drank a Red Bull, and made a mockery of Batman's most tragic rogue...is better than Tom Hardy's Bane?

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

There is hating, and then there is nonsense.

Besides,

That's always been a great moment.

One day someone could make a comic book movie as good or better than TDK.

But it ain't gonna be anytime soon!

What made TDK and the whole trilogy so special, with TDK being the best fruition of this approach, is Nolan treated the material like serious literature, or at least something that can become serious cinema. As enjoyable as most of Marvel's movies are at Disney, they treat their films like products made to be disposable and lead in to the next one 3-6 months down the road. DC and Fox are emulating that model now, even Sony is with their terrible villain movie ideas.

It will not be anytime soon.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

The Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face that was a poor man's knockoff of Jack Nicholson's Joker, the second banana to Jim Carrey's version of the Riddler who ate a box of candy and drank a Red Bull, and made a mockery of Batman's most tragic rogue...is better than Tom Hardy's Bane?

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

There is hating, and then there is nonsense.
Yeah...seriously..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"