Do you still consider the TV shows canon?

I don't recall any references to the MCU in Inhumans, but I haven't re-watched it. The only thing I remember is a reference to Inhumans spreading around the globe due to the Terrigen contamination in the ocean. That's presumably a reference to Agents of SHIELD, but that's it. Compare that to references to the battle of New York and to specific MCU superheroes in the Netflix shows.

I just tend to think that Feige is a pretty smart guy who really doesn't adhere to hard and fast rules as some here are claiming. The "If his name isn't behind it, it doesn't matter to him" narrative just rings false to me. There are gradations, and I think, or at least I hope he will look at each property and determine what worked and what didn't. Something like Daredevil or Punisher has enough acclaim and fan cred that maybe there is something there worth keeping. Inhumans has neither of those, so no harm starting fresh. Properties like Iron Fist and Luke Cage probably fall in the middle of that spectrum to where they could maybe loosely keep the continuity but recast. Who knows, as was said I am just speculating, but this is how it feels to me.

As with anything, we'll see how it plays out. Daredevil may not even be in the movie at all, who knows at this point? The rumors have never come from a more legit source anyway. But this amounts to no one had talked to him about it yet. Maybe that report of the Daredevil rights being back at Marvel Studios from Netflix was false? So maybe Daredevil still logistically can't be in the movie for that reason. Not enough details really take much away other than he doesn't know anything at this point.

The tell will come once Daredevil actually makes an appearance somewhere.

Last edited:
Technically speaking I think they are until Feige makes a definitive statement one way or another.

Going forward though I do think still they may carry over certain characters, Daredevil be the most obvious one, while not being not necessarily being concerned with continuity.

I gave up on them being connected long ago (like around 2015) with the exception of AC and AOS. I really liked Charlie Cox, D'oNofrio and Bernthal but everyone else wasn't very good in their roles and the writing for everything except Punisher and Daredevil just plain sucked or was mediocre like Jessica Jones first season. Inhumans was just pure trash. I watched two episodes and then couldn't do anymore. I lasted one episode with Runaways.

If we could get those 3 actors I mentioned above to come play the same character in the movies like they've done with J.K. Simmons, then that'd be great and we can still keep those actors but get rid of the baggage of the shows.

Plus, if these were really canon, how have there not been any connections made yet from the movies? The movies haven't referenced the TV shows once in the last 11 years.

I've accepted this a long time ago, and to the guy in this thread who mentioned us people being in denial and angry, that doesn't make any sense. I've never been angry about the connectivity, if anything, I was disappointed years ago and then ACCEPTED it was never going to happen.

And now we will get quality TV series with Disney+ that will actually be connected and have an impact on the stories in the movies.

One last thing, people mentioning how Doctor Strange wouldn't know everyone is wrong. Do you not remember his line in Thor Ragnorak where he states he keeps tabs on everyone? How he knew Thor, Loki, and Odin? I'd imagine if Luke Cage etc existed at that time in their universe, he would've known about them.

I havent moved anything. Me and plenty of other people have explained you why Jarvis appearing in Endgame only reinforces the notion thay Feige only cares about his pet projects.

You are the one moving the goalposts on why those characters havent havent referenced or appeared in the films. And as you can see apart from yourself and Mike Murdock the rest of us remain unconvinced.

The goalposts were always steady. Canon is what the creator of the mcu aka Marvel Studios deems canon. And so far whatever IS canon hasnt hasn very apparent that its canon and doesnt need threads like this one to prove its validity...
It could also be that James D'Arcy's Jarvis was actually a different version of Jarvis but from this timeline and Agent Carter existed in another if Feige really wanted to do that. I do believe it is connected but given their use of J.K. Simmons it's possible their are okay with using the same actors from previous movies/tv shows to play different versions of the characters they had played previously.

I'd love to retcon the Inhumans show. If or when that happens, it'll be a discussion worth having whether or not it retcons everything or just that show. That's assuming a retcon and not just a recast.
That show was trash, those actors aren't movie quality and don't deserve to be in the MCU. That show should never exist in the MCU except in on it's on parallel Earth where it belongs and never touched again.

Also, isn't New Mutants being released and didn't it get a blessing from Feige? I forgot that was still supposed to come out.

Also, isn't New Mutants being released and didn't it get a blessing from Feige? I forgot that was still supposed to come out.

And Josh Boone said the movie getting released is pretty much as he originally intended it to be, so, considering it wasn't originally written for the MCU, I really would not expect it to slot right in. Nor do I see why Feige would want it to. Giving it his blessing to be released isn't the same as actually absorbing it into the MCU, and there's no way he would want a movie he had no control over (and that doesn't even feature major X-men) to be the very first look anyone gets at mutants in the MCU.

On the subject of the shows, I honestly question the likelihood of all those characters coming back at all.

The Agent Carter folks are long done and with Cap and Tony gone, too, what would be the point in bringing them back? Agents of Shield doesn't have any character so big that I would really expect them to be continued - I think the MCU proper will get its own Ghost Rider in the next 5-10 years, but MS will want that flashy flaming motorcycle, so it won't be Robbie Reyes. Coulson was big in the movies, but again, who is left for him to reconnect with? And Quake, at most, would probably wind up a bit part in Ms. Marvel, but I doubt even that.

Punisher and Jessica Jones are darker than Feige has ever gone and I don't think he ever will go that dark. Iron Fist and Daredevil could be continued or rebooted, but if Feige was really raring to get his hands on those characters, why would he already be introducing lesser known characters that tread such heavily similar ground (Shang-chi, Moon Knight)? Luke Cage is the only Netflix hero I don't really see any significant obstacle to, except of course that he is traditionally joined at the hip with either Iron Fist or Jessica Jones, both of which are unlikely to be around.

And as for Runaways/Cloak and Dagger - how many young kid stars do we really expect the MCU to feature? Because we've already got Spider-man, with Ms. Marvel, Kate Bishop, and Cassie Lang on the way and persistant rumors about Wanda's kids (so Young Avengers and/or Champions seems inevitable) and even the Power Pack.

Between all the stuff that is already announced and all the stuff that we know is coming (x-men in particular is going to eat up a lot of movie and D+ real estate), there aren't THAT many open slots left to fill for the coming years and honestly not much reason why those slots should go to the former tv characters. If I were forced to make a bet, I'd say the only characters you're particularly likely to see again are the Inhuman royal family, and that only as supporting characters for Ms. Marvel. And maybe there's a chance at D'Onofrio's Kingpin just because he's a character with wide-ranging potential and probably the only performance from any of the tv series that's arguably just as impactful and beloved as the main mcu stars. And maybe Daredevil is big enough to make a return of some kind, eventually, when Feige starts running out of other characters, if the MCU still exists by then.

That show was trash, those actors aren't movie quality and don't deserve to be in the MCU. That show should never exist in the MCU except in on it's on parallel Earth where it belongs and never touched again.
I thought Anson Mount did a good job with his role and I appreciated all the effort he put into developing his character, but I don't expect them to be cast for movie versions of the Inhumans (whether there will be movie versions of the Inhumans is a separate question).

On the subject of the shows, I honestly question the likelihood of all those characters coming back at all.

The Agent Carter folks are long done and with Cap and Tony gone, too, what would be the point in bringing them back? Agents of Shield doesn't have any character so big that I would really expect them to be continued - I think the MCU proper will get its own Ghost Rider in the next 5-10 years, but MS will want that flashy flaming motorcycle, so it won't be Robbie Reyes. Coulson was big in the movies, but again, who is left for him to reconnect with? And Quake, at most, would probably wind up a bit part in Ms. Marvel, but I doubt even that.

Punisher and Jessica Jones are darker than Feige has ever gone and I don't think he ever will go that dark. Iron Fist and Daredevil could be continued or rebooted, but if Feige was really raring to get his hands on those characters, why would he already be introducing lesser known characters that tread such heavily similar ground (Shang-chi, Moon Knight)? Luke Cage is the only Netflix hero I don't really see any significant obstacle to, except of course that he is traditionally joined at the hip with either Iron Fist or Jessica Jones, both of which are unlikely to be around.

And as for Runaways/Cloak and Dagger - how many young kid stars do we really expect the MCU to feature? Because we've already got Spider-man, with Ms. Marvel, Kate Bishop, and Cassie Lang on the way and persistant rumors about Wanda's kids (so Young Avengers and/or Champions seems inevitable) and even the Power Pack.

Between all the stuff that is already announced and all the stuff that we know is coming (x-men in particular is going to eat up a lot of movie and D+ real estate), there aren't THAT many open slots left to fill for the coming years and honestly not much reason why those slots should go to the former tv characters. If I were forced to make a bet, I'd say the only characters you're particularly likely to see again are the Inhuman royal family, and that only as supporting characters for Ms. Marvel. And maybe there's a chance at D'Onofrio's Kingpin just because he's a character with wide-ranging potential and probably the only performance from any of the tv series that's arguably just as impactful and beloved as the main mcu stars. And maybe Daredevil is big enough to make a return of some kind, eventually, when Feige starts running out of other characters, if the MCU still exists by then.

I have to say that Ghost Driver is definitely not as flashy as Ghost Rider on a motorcycle. The visual is just not there and doesn't look half as good or iconic as a flaming cycle. Even though there's precedent for it in the comics, it still somehow manages to come across as a budget thing for TV and for AOS. They were never going to do a flaming cycle regularly when it's easier just to get a car with few special effects.

I could see Inhumans coming back in a future Fantastic Four movie, and that's honestly where I'd like to see them appear as supporting characters first than their own movie.

He said:

"I hadn't heard those rumors, but it's certainly not with my Daredevil. I'm not involved in it," Cox tells us. "If that's true, it's not with me. It's with another actor."

So it seems that DD could easily be recast. That would seem that if DD and any of the other characters are in the MCU then they would be new versions altogether and not the Netflix versions.

I pretty much just take this to mean no one has spoken to Charlie Cox about anything to this point. Could that mean recast? Sure I guess. But also could just mean they still can't do anything with the character due to the contract with Netflix or any number things. So I really don't take much from this other than the likelihood of Daredevil being in Spider-Man 3 as rumored is probably significantly lower than previously believed.

And Josh Boone said the movie getting released is pretty much as he originally intended it to be, so, considering it wasn't originally written for the MCU, I really would not expect it to slot right in. Nor do I see why Feige would want it to. Giving it his blessing to be released isn't the same as actually absorbing it into the MCU, and there's no way he would want a movie he had no control over (and that doesn't even feature major X-men) to be the very first look anyone gets at mutants in the MCU.
I never said it'd be in the MCU, just that Feige approved of it and that it still was coming out.

A poster stated Feige hated it despite the fact it was reported he really liked Boone's version and said it should be released.

I consider Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. canon, at least up to the end of S04, and hopefully we'll get a timeline fix at the end of S07 that erases the inconsistencies between S06 and the last two Avengers movies.

I'd say the same for Agent Carter. She and Coulson have both been key characters in parts of the big screen MCU at times, you can't dismiss that.

Inhumans I understand peoples issues with, and it wouldn't bother me if it was just considered to have never happened. Luckily it didn't cross over with AoS so it doesn't mess anything up by throwing it to one side.

The Netflix series I consider canon until such time as those characters are rebooted in the MCU, though I'd rather they be incorporated. I don't get peoples problem with Iron Fist, the only casting I had issue with was Elektra.

Cloak & Dagger contains reference to Luke Cage early on and they appear in Runaways so again, while ever the Netflix shows stand without being rebooted, those two shows I'd put under the same banner.

In short. I consider it all canon until it's stated outright that it isn't.

One last thing, people mentioning how Doctor Strange wouldn't know everyone is wrong. Do you not remember his line in Thor Ragnorak where he states he keeps tabs on everyone? How he knew Thor, Loki, and Odin? I'd imagine if Luke Cage etc existed at that time in their universe, he would've known about them.

Maybe he also knows that they aren't ready to know him, so he doesn't mention them and they don't know him. It's not a major deal.

Inhumans stopped being canon as soon as Medusa had her hair cut off within the first 10 minutes. It was a symbol of being cut off from the larger tree and left all to itself as a discarded branch. :o

For now, I definitely don't consider the Netflix shows canon.

As for AoS, I treat the movies as being canon to AoS, but AoS isn't canon to the movies.

Only Disney Plus and Agent Carter are canon to the films, IMO.

For now, I definitely don't consider the Netflix shows canon.

As for AoS, I treat the movies as being canon to AoS, but AoS isn't canon to the movies.

Only Disney Plus and Agent Carter are canon to the films, IMO.

IF I were to make that distinction between AoS and Agent Carter (which i don't), I would feel inclined to only consider the Agent Carter One-shot canon to the films.

There has been a plot leak circulating from 4Chan for a while that says the season will address that.

Oh Manabyte, you're not actually sharing something that was posted on 4Chan of all places, are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"