Far From Home Do you think Sony will take Spider-Man out of the MCU after this movie?

Again, you're not hearing me...i take nothing from anyone as gospel...i got my own sources i refer to...nothing that collaborate his assertion on this particular rumor. He has made some credible assertions that I know he piggyback on; but, I also know, he does know some in the business, because they like his editorials, and they do give him some nuggets, when they need something or fandom geared a certain beneficial way.

I know many here & other forums I attend, have a dislike/distrust for these attention seeking youtube hordes...not trying to get caught up in whose the best/worst, real/fake mess...just not that critical to me. Some of the better ones do get solicited, because of their reach to the public, based on the number of hits & likes they receive.

If it doesn't come from like Deadline, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, etc. then I don't trust the information as official or credible. I treat it as a rumor. YT people are not credible to me, regardless if they actually know some people who work in the industry. That doesn't tell me who they know. It could be some low level guy who heard a rumor providing them this info (which can ultimately be misinfo or just inaccurate), and then they make clickbait videos. I especially apply this to what would amount to big news. Until a more reliable source picks this up, I don't trust this information. I have no issues understanding what you're saying, so stop saying I am not hearing you.

If it doesn't come from like Deadline, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, etc. then I don't trust the information as official or credible. I treat it as a rumor. YT people are not credible to me, regardless if they actually know some people who work in the industry. That doesn't tell me who they know. It could be some low level guy who heard a rumor providing them this info (which can ultimately be misinfo or just inaccurate), and then they make clickbait videos. I especially apply this to what would amount to big news. Until a more reliable source picks this up, I don't trust this information. I have no issues understanding what you're saying, so stop saying I am not hearing you.

Watch you tone dude, it ain't that critical, you are the one seemingly implying I'm treating this as gospel or him as credible, after a number of time me saying otherwise. Even those you "apparently" deem credible, like Deadline, HR, & even Variety have published unsustaniated rumors. They are all tabloids; you seem to think there's a difference.

Watch you tone dude, it ain't that critical, you are the one seemingly implying I'm treating this as gospel or him as credible, after a number of time me saying otherwise. Even those you "apparently" deem credible, like Deadline, HR, & even Variety have published unsustaniated rumors. They are all tabloids; you seem to think there's a difference.

There is a difference. The people at Variety and such are well regarded journalists. Those trades have been the main source for movie information forever. They are well known and well regarded in the industry. I trust their sources more than random YTers. Emergency Awesome does not garner the respect in the industry Variety, Hollywood Reporter, etc do. That is not just my opinion, that is a fact.

Also I never said you thought it was gospel. I said you shouldn't take their word as gospel in general because it is not a trustworthy enough source.

There's nothing wrong with his tone. You're the one who seems to be getting upset over nothing.

All he's saying is that he doesn't trust the source and will wait till more respected outlets report it before he gives it much credence. Just leave it at that.

Watch "Spider-Man Far From Home Trilogy Story Explained by Tom Holland" on YouTube

Here's Holland himself, spilling the beans, that Emergency Awesome was referring to...about Marvel/Sony extension for a third Spidey flick called "Spiderman: Graduating with the Homies"

Tom Holland does refer to a second and third movie in that video, but of course that doesn't "confirm" anything.

Let’s hope and pray we get more spidey in the mcu

Let’s hope and pray we get more spidey in the mcu

At the end of the day, regardless how we feel about Venom and all that, that is what we all want.

Hopefully this is not the case. I don’t want Avi Arad in control again

We live in a world where people think the earth is flat, the moon is a hologram, vaccinations cause autism, and Sony owns Spider-Man.

If Holland in the role I don't see how a Sony-only third film concluding his story or more films after it continuing his story would be worse. IW2 could conclude the crossover-y aspects of him before a third and more get more personal, I think most of the good and best Spider-Man comics were not crossovers or team-ups.

Sony does own the film rights to Spider-Man and is under no obligation to share or continue sharing them.

The issue would be the quality of the film itself. Without creative control from Marvel, I don't think that Sony would be able to produce a good solo Spider-Man film on their own. And I don't know how that third movie would work if the Marvel deal ended since Holland's incarnation of the character is MCU canon.

I don't expect Sony to give Spider-Man to Marvel completely, but it would be in their best interest to keep working with them for solo Spidey films. The company is run by a bunch of idiots so who the hell knows anymore.

Let’s just pray venom goes into the mcu. It’s weird they haven’t announced a sequel to that movie yet. I don’t want Sony to ruin the brand again

Venom is not going to the MCU. I don't see it happening at all.

but it would be in their best interest to keep working with them for solo Spidey films. The company is run by a bunch of idiots so who the hell knows anymore.

Well chances are there is only one solo movie left. the 3rd movie. then Marvel may move on and holland will have finished his contract. Marvel probably would prefer to have spidey turn up in crossovers from then on, but that doesn't profit sony does it? and even then Marvel would have had a good run with the character anyway with holland appearing 6-7 times.

Sony own the spider-man rights, they have shown that with Venom that the Spidey rights alones can make them money and they have many ways of using the character on film, aka into the spiderverse.

Their best interest has quite a few choices.

Last edited:
Yeah but I think Sony knows that their solo SPIDER-MAN films don't do so hot which is why they made the deal with them in the first place after TASM2.

Also, I think Marvel Studios LOVES producing the standalone Spidey films. It's not just the crossovers for them.

Let’s just pray venom goes into the mcu. It’s weird they haven’t announced a sequel to that movie yet. I don’t want Sony to ruin the brand again

It's weird, but you know there's going to be a sequel. They had the post credits scene and the film has been way more succesful than anyone anticipated.

Yeah but I think Sony knows that their solo SPIDER-MAN films don't do so hot which is why they made the deal with them in the first place after TASM2.

Also, I think Marvel Studios LOVES producing the standalone Spidey films. It's not just the crossovers for them.

The issue isn't Sony as much as the garbage creatives they've got clinging to this franchise like parasites. If they hired a great writer and director and kept those people away the franchise would be a perpetual billion dollar earner. But alas...

Last edited:

TASM2 made 700 million. thats still alot of money.

But Marvel hasn't made a 4th stand-alone movie of anything yet, and the avenger's movie don't count in that respect.

TASM2 made 700 million. thats still alot of money.

But Marvel hasn't made a 4th stand-alone movie of anything yet, and the avenger's movie don't count in that respect.
If Sony were happy with $700M, we would've seen that S6 film by now and TASM3.

Yes, true on a 4th standalone of any character -- I'm not saying there WILL be another trilogy of Spidey flicks after the third film, but it's really hard to see MCU Spidey "taken out of the MCU" after the third film or after FAR FROM HOME for that matter.

If Holland in the role I don't see how a Sony-only third film concluding his story or more films after it continuing his story would be worse. IW2 could conclude the crossover-y aspects of him before a third and more get more personal, I think most of the good and best Spider-Man comics were not crossovers or team-ups.

Sony does own the film rights to Spider-Man and is under no obligation to share or continue sharing them.
It would essentially be a fan film by this point. It wouldn't be official anymore.

A Tom Holland Spider-Man film outside the MCU just wouldn't make sense for a number of reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"