Doctor Strange Casting Poll **NEW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think its "scraps of old script proposals." I suspect he's just making odds-on guesses. After all, I haven't seen anything official ever. I can still say "Dormammu will be the villain", and be confident that I will most likely be right in some way.

Don't you want a DVD copy of their fan film?

I used to love that site and those guys were all great back in the old days of the internet when we were working on Gateways and Compaq Presarios.

Now they are asking for money and cutting promos not even fitting for WWE instead of writing actual articles.

Anyone with even the most rudimentary knowledge of Strange would recognize Mordo and Dormammu as the likeliest potential villains of the first film. That's not a scoop, it's just general knowledge of his origin. I can't believe this idiot actually runs with these "scoops". He must really be desperate to save his "writer" job so he doesn't have to go back to bagging groceries.

What I find fascinating from TheDailySuperHero's info on the Dr. Strange movie is this direct quote from the source who's leaking this:

"What I can say is that Strange is being groomed to be the next Iron Man. The studio needs a new 'hub' character going into Phase 3 and beyond, as there is audience fatigue, aging stars and a need to move from Tony Stark/Iron Man as a 'hub' for films."

So if there's any truth to this at all, Strange isn't some one-off movie; it's supposed to be more or less the centerpiece of Phase III. Some of us, myself included, speculated many years ago that the "phases" would be divided into "themes," and even Feige alluded to it: Phase I = superheroes rise/ Avengers Assemble; Phase II = cosmic expansion; Phase III = magic and supernatural. Could we expect other Phase III films to deal with magic of some sort, then?

Yeah, that seems entirely plausible. I've thought the same for a while also; just seems to make sense.

Latino Review posted that Marvel wants Joseph Gordon Levitt as Strange

I... can't see it, necessarily. But I'm not turning my nose up at JGL. He's a great actor, young but comes across as more mature, and he's critic/audience bait I think.

I'd still love to see Cumberbatch for Dr. Strange.

(Hell, there's a part of me who'd love to see Idris Elba as Strange...)

I was thinking that Stephen Dorff would make a good Doctor Strange since Marvel's known for their unexpected, out of the blue castings. He probably may not have the comic book look to you guys, but he could actually do the role well.
Stephen+Dorff+Celebrity+Sightings+Day+Three+cG4AU6anX86l.jpg

If they're grooming him to be the next IM, I can see where JGL came into play. He could definitely give them what they want. Whether it's the right route to go, up for debate. I wouldn't hate it.

I could definitely mess with JGL as Strange.

I'm not a huge fan of his, but, he honestly is a pretty good actor and he could commit to this role at a young age, while still giving off a more mature demeanor.

Marvel would be wise to scoop him up and snag him under contract for a few films (he'd definitely be a nice addition and could definitely help carry Phase 3 as its been hinted to recently).

"...we are not saying that an offer has been made, that talks have even engaged and who knows, Levitt and his team are probably unaware, BUT we are hearing that Marvel execs internally are discussing that Levitt is who they figure would be ideal."

Nothing to see here folks

That's such a lame scoop. Talk about hedging your bets.

It's Latino Review. Why are any of you giving it any weight? It's most likely not true at all.

"...we are not saying that an offer has been made, that talks have even engaged and who knows, Levitt and his team are probably unaware, BUT we are hearing that Marvel execs internally are discussing that Levitt is who they figure would be ideal."

Nothing to see here folks

LOLZ... I didn't even read the article, just the name Eh Maybe was throwing out there. It's a rumor of a rumor.

Whoever suggests Timothy Olyphant for Strange is my new BFF. Olyphant needs to be in a lot more things forever and ever.

He's literally just saying that so no one can call ******** on his "scoop" when a blogger inevitably interviews JGL and debunks it.

lol oh Maybe, you so crazy

Eh Maybe said:
"...we are not saying that an offer has been made, that talks have even engaged and who knows, Momoa and his team are probably unaware, BUT we are hearing that Marvel execs internally are discussing that Momoa is who they figure would be ideal."

sounds familiar

Love JGL, but he strikes me as too young for Strange. But as this is likely bull****, I'm not bothered.

Jeff Sneider (The Wrap) earlier tweeted "Don't believe every rumor you read...", probably about this. I don't believe a word of it

Jeff Sneider (The Wrap) earlier tweeted "Don't believe every rumor you read...", probably about this. I don't believe a word of it

He also tweeted this:
Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider

I've heard a VERY different name for DOCTOR STRANGE. Like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he ALSO has two first names in his name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"