Does Marvel own the film rights to the likes of Nova, Drax, Thanos, Sentry, etc....

Nova could be cool. Space epics are well epic but dangerous gamble for most studios.

Marvel does own the copyright to the charcater Nova, but as far as filming rights, they have done nothing to make that claim at this time (nor have they done so with Annhilition). Nova would be a good concept and could be a rival to Green Lantern (although not as Iconic or popular). I think if someone wrote a spec. script and pitched it it might get some consideration.

The only cosmic characters Fox owns are SS, Galactus and Thanos becuase he's SS main baddie. Annihilus is owned by Fox as well due to the F4. The rest are still owned by Marvel.

Marvel does own the copyright to the charcater Nova, but as far as filming rights, they have done nothing to make that claim at this time (nor have they done so with Annhilition). Nova would be a good concept and could be a rival to Green Lantern (although not as Iconic or popular). I think if someone wrote a spec. script and pitched it it might get some consideration.

I'd love for it to be a tv series. There is no way you can introduce Nova, Quasar, Drax and the entire Marvel cosmic gang into one film and it makes sense. I say put it on Sci-Fi and go from there.

^They just wouldnt have the budget to do it justice though, T.V shows can do convincing space ships, but people flying in space and the mass battle scene's they just wouldnt have the budget for.

I personally think a trilogy simply based on the books would be stunning, but I doubt Marvel would go for it. Would love to see Nova, Drax et al in a big battle scene, and imagine Galactus and SS vs the other 2 Galactus types on the big screen, wow.

Farscape and Battlestar Galactica proved that a space series with great effects can be done no a modest budget. Especially since most of Marvel's cosmic characters are just guys in suits, nothing really monstrous like.

^I think ships are a lot easier to do on a TV budget than actual people flying, one or two maybe but there are whole wars in Annihilation involving a lot of people flying, the only way to get the epicness that Annihilation is with movie budgets, imagine Galactus and SS vs the other 2 celestials on a TV budget? No thanks, we need movie budgets for this and preferrably a trilogy shot all at once like LOTR.

i'd love to see Annhiliation.. but only with the Surfer and Annhilius involved..

^I couldnt see it happening without them, both are integral to the story so it literally couldnt happen without them.

I wonder does Marvel own the movie rights to Skaar also? Cant imagine why they wouldnt.

Skaar was just created. Why wouldn't they?! :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"