Days of Future Past DOFP vs other 2014 ComicsMovies Thread [Buzz, BoxOffice and more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only SH property that I know he was developing was Spider-Man (you can actually see his screenplay online and parts if it went into SM1 like MJ and Bio-Webs)
He was developing X-Men before he did SM. At the time X-Men was doing better than SM in CB sales but after it all fell through because Marvel was going through hardships he moved on to Spidey.

Why are you acting like Chris Claremont is lying? :huh:

He was developing X-Men before he did SM. At the time X-Men was doing better than SM in CB sales but after it all fell through because Marvel was going through hardships he moved on to Spidey.

Why are you acting like Chris Claremont is lying? :huh:

Never said he was lying. I just didn't know about Cameron doing X-Men. I thought I remembered Cameron saying SM was the only character he would think about doing.

Never said he was lying. I just didn't know about Cameron doing X-Men. I thought I remembered Cameron saying SM was the only character he would think about doing.
Regardless of what you may have heard it is widely known that James and his company Carolco Pictures was involved with the early negotiations for X-Men as far back as 1989.

There are a lot of directors you would never have guessed would be involved in comic book movies and TV shows that did them i.e. Martin Scorsese Oliver Stone as a producer attached to doing the Witchblade movie in it's early stages.

Last edited:
That I did not know. Interesting. Love Witchblade.
Edit: I meant Oliver Stone which is just as impressive TBH.

And I wish he would get back involved in the movie getting made. It would be really cool and we might actually get a great female Superhero film out of it.

Edit: I meant Oliver Stone which is just as impressive TBH.

And I wish he would get back involved in the movie getting made. It would be really cool and we might actually get a great female Superhero film out of it.

Stone's a crazy dude so that would def be interesting in the least. And yeah we need some Female superhero flicks asap.

To me Avengers doesn't feel as fresh, it doesn't have quite the same magic, partly because the Marvel movie machine keeps on churning the films out.

Avatar has never had fanboys or a fanbase because it's not an existing property derived from other media like comics, games, toys etc. That's why the Marvelites sit there and rip it apart and there's no great army of people defending it. There's never been an Avatar army, it didn't exist anywhere before that movie.

And those Marvelites (the worst of the fanboys) rip anything apart that isn't from Marvel Studios - their behaviour patterns are blatantly obvious and far from mysterious lol. Their responses are very predictable and very hateful and a reason I steer clear of certain sites and comment sections.

The 'people' who want Battle Angel are these same fanboys - and that's because it's a comic book series. The general public aren't necessarily clamouring for it.

This is not just Marvelites though. The same thing could be said about Nolanites. These two factions of fanbases have their fair share of crazies.

In no particular order it's
Hobbit
Minions
Hunger games
Spidey
Fast 7
Transformers
How to train
Interstellar

And the two were not certain yet are Xmen, Cap Am, Mr Peabody and Sherman, home, and Pixars Good Dinosaur.
EDIT we were gonna add "all you need is kill." But we think 2014s BO will be so huge that whilst certain films make money, they won't make the list

Minions...ugh
Fast 7...double ugh

:csad:

Edit: Thanks for the response though :)

www.boxoffice.com facebook index. X-men's movie page is rising. I hope it can cross 10 million bu January 1st, 2014.

Aug 20, 20138,633,551Aug 19, 20138,617,938Aug 18, 20138,599,405

Minions...ugh
Fast 7...double ugh

:csad:

Edit: Thanks for the response though :)

I forgot that there's another Minions movie that will be coming out next year. But I'm pretty confident that for the first time in 8 years, X-Men will land in the top 10! And about Fast 7. I'm not sure if it would outgross Fast 6. The 1 year gap might not help it.

And James Cameron directing a X-Men movie would have been huge! But I'm happy with what we've got right now.

I think once trailers start dropping DOFP will be on more peoples top.

Probably because of past X Men performances. With DOFP's solid release date and hopefully some epic looking trailers, things should be big. The first week box office numbers should be impressive, it holding on for a bit after is where I have my doubts with it's run.

Agreed. I think they put together the most epic cast and using one of the best story lines.

Its in they're hands now to get people in the seats and get that good word of mouth. I think they already have the critics in the bad. I say above 75% on RT when all reviews are tallied.

Those numbers mean nothing see: Smurfs 2.

It probably means nothing for movies like Smurfs 2, 300.2 and Sin City 2 but I think its a plus!

Movies aren't creating official facebook/twitter profiles for nothing. They want to spread out the word for the movie as much as possible.

Outside of the fanboydom, X-men DOFP is not even in most of the top 5 2014 domestic predictions.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/10522-top-ten-of-2014-predictions/

Thats the forum though.

There's a recent article in BoxOffice.com where the author said that DOFP could be one of the biggest blockbusters of 2014.

http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/2...future-past-could-be-the-biggest-film-of-2014

It probably means nothing for movies like Smurfs 2, 300.2 and Sin City 2 but I think its a plus!

Movies aren't creating official facebook/twitter profiles for nothing. They want to spread out the word for the movie as much as possible.

Thats the forum though.

There's a recent article in BoxOffice.com where the author said that DOFP could be one of the biggest blockbusters of 2014.

http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/2...future-past-could-be-the-biggest-film-of-2014

I know that young padawan, I posted that link weeks ago, lol.

I know there are official predictors out there, but I posted the link for another reason: To think outside of superherohype.com and see how GA on other movie forums think 2014 will go. Folks on here always set themselves up for major disappointment.

I actually checked that forum and most of the users in the 1st page included DOFp in their top ten.

I actually checked that forum and most of the users in the 1st page included DOFp in their top ten.

PoSeiDon only said it's not in their top 5. I would hope it's in peoples top 10.

Last edited:
Outside the top five but inside the top ten is great! The last three films didn't even reach the top ten, both domestic/worldwide.

Domestic
X1 - #8
X2 - #6
X3 - #4
OW - #13
FC - #17
TW - #16 (as of right now)

Worldwide
X1 - #9
X2 - #9
X3 - #7
OW - #15
FC - #18
TW - #13 (as of right now)

As long as DOFP lands in the top ten (domestic/worldwide), it outgrosses all X-Men films (domestic/foreign) without considering price inflation and if its the first X-Men film to cross the $500M mark. I would be very happy.

This movie doesn't have to earn 1 billion or 300 million domestic to be considered as a success in my opinion. I just hope FOX would be smart what to do next if DOFP ended up as the top grossing X-Men film to date.

I just think it will go closer to a billion. IDK it feels more likely than not IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"