Norton distances The Incredible Hulk (2008) from The Hulk (2003)

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
This is just chapter 1!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article718829.ece

EDWARD NORTON has dismissed any connection between The Incredible Hulk and the last Hulk movie.
The 2003 movie starring ERIC BANA was panned by critics and Norton was quick to distance his new film from it.
“First off it’s utterly unrelated to that film,” he said, in this month’s Total Film magazine.
“This is in no way a response to it or picking up from it.
"I think like Chris Nolan and those guys did with Batman, we just said: 'We’re going to start completely with our own version of this myth or saga.'
And the Fight Club star revealed that he turned down the part of Bruce Banner and his alter ego before being wooed by the chance to write the screenplay himself.
“When the phone rings and someone says, ‘Hey, would you be interested in the big green guy?” there’s that part of all of us that doesn’t want to look like an idiot,” he admitted.
“There’s the wince factor or the defensive part of you that recoils at what the bad version of what that would be. And I did that, basically. I said ‘no’ to it a couple of times.”
Now firmly on board Norton revealed that The Incredible Hulk is just the beginning.
“To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts,” he said.
“We left a lot out on purpose. It’s definitely intended as chapter one.”

See link above for full story, etc...

I don't trust this guy or this story, it's all too flimsy...

Nice find AD. I'm really liking the sound on Mr. Norton. I wonder what made him go from " There’s the wince factor or the defensive part of you that recoils at what the bad version of what that would be. And I did that, basically. I said ‘no’ to it a couple of times.” to “To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts,” he said. “We left a lot out on purpose. It’s definitely intended as chapter one.” I hope it's more than a chance to write the screenplay.

Nice find AD. I'm really liking the sound on Mr. Norton. I wonder what made him go from " There’s the wince factor or the defensive part of you that recoils at what the bad version of what that would be. And I did that, basically. I said ‘no’ to it a couple of times.” to “To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts,” he said. “We left a lot out on purpose. It’s definitely intended as chapter one.” I hope it's more than a chance to write the screenplay.

Sounds like to me he didn't want the film to be corny. Which, we all admit, most hero films are. So he just didn't want to look like an idiot.

Chances are Zak Penn's story didn't help much in convincing him it wasn't corny either.

So it was probably the chance to write that did completely turn him around. Just so that the story may not have been so silly anymore.

At least that's my guess.

Nice find, sir! Keep up the good work!

For some reason TIH still feels pretty surreal. I just never would've expected to see Edwar Norton in a superhero movie. And the fact that we still have next to nothing. Only few photos and some artwork. We need some footage or at least more photos and interviews!

It's coming and possibly in 2 weekends. They'll be pushing IM and TIH on Idol too I'm sure of it.

Edward Norton said:
First off it's utterly unrelated to that film. This is in no way a response to it or picking up from it. I think like Chris Nolan and those guys did with Batman, we just said: 'We're going to start completely with our own version of this myth or saga.
Exactly what needs to be done. Perfect decision.

I love how an actor like Norton is behind this as a franchise and wants to do more. I can't wait to see how this film turns out as well as Iron Man.

With talk from Downey Jr and others about Favreau doing some different things in Iron Man than other comic films and Norton not originally wanting to come on board with initial scripts but doing rewrites to make it better, I am very excited for whats in store for us all.

It's coming and possibly in 2 weekends. They'll be pushing IM and TIH on Idol too I'm sure of it.

MAN, DO I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

NOTHING but excitement here... I can FEEL that this movie is gonna be what the first one should've been! Not that I hate the first one but there were too many things done the wrong way and as a HULK fan Ed knows it and wants to merge all that is HULK into this!

THANKS AD!

I trust that this film will be good. I enjoyed the first one so my expectations are high for this. I just want a trailer.

I also believe that this movie will be great.
actually, one of the best superhero movies.
but we aren't getting nothing...no pics...no clips...
when will the trailer come out!?
I'm crazy for this movie.

So it was probably the chance to write that did completely turn him around. Just so that the story may not have been so silly anymore.

At least that's my guess.

This makes me think he'll be the one to write THI II and THI III. It's going to be interesting to see where he and Frenchy (assuming he'll direct II & III) go with the O'l Green Skin.

Whew!

After reading the title of the story ("Norton Dismisses Hulk Connection"), I thought it was going to be an article with Ed Norton saying, "No, I'm not playing Bruce Banner. I'm not even IN that movie. What? They're making a new one? Well, that's news to me. Nah, I'm more of a Superman fan, anyway..."

*insert gunshot*

LOL I guess you could look at it that way. I kinda like the title of this thread. It's promising :cwink:

Whew!

After reading the title of the story ("Norton Dismisses Hulk Connection"), I thought it was going to be an article with Ed Norton saying, "No, I'm not playing Bruce Banner. I'm not even IN that movie. What? They're making a new one? Well, that's news to me. Nah, I'm more of a Superman fan, anyway..."

*insert gunshot*
That may have started a riot. Seeing that most of us already agitated bout the fact that there's no trailer yet. BUt it would have been interesting to see the reactions :hehe:

still no real signs of a trailer. hmm the folks must be way behind scheduel ,

i just hope the film and effects don't suffer.

theyre pusshing it with the trailer. all the contenders have posted theres, as well as pics and walllpapers. whats keeping them ?

come on guyz relase somthing a teaser a new poster . somthing juicey.

:hoboj: r.i.p

Will the origin be at least like the comic book??

movie-5-18.jpg

The blast???

Hopefully not like the quiet lab experiment

As boring as it is, it's probably happening. I'm expecting homages to the TV series out the wazoo with this film.

Now here's a question- why did it take them so long to make this statement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"