• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Don Payne (writer) talks FF sequel!!!

Carp Man said:
Nothing about Doom either. I think that is the best keep secret. I see no mention of Doom, or Julian in anything pertaining to the cast. We know the basic 4 will be there, along with SS. Mabey Doom is the big surprise.

So how many times does Fox or Kevin Fiege etc have to say Doom and Julian are back before you guys get it?

I mean if he's in the trailer...will you like not believe it?

kirbyfan said:
What worries me is he said they will try to make it funnier! The FF shouldn't be funny at all, there's absolutely nothing funny about the SS or Galactus!
Galactus...is a giant world-devouring alien...in a kilt and a funny hat.

In pink.

CConn said:

In pink.

And SS is a naked silver dude on a surf board.

Who is also a philosopher

....sounds like a San Fran native to me, Con.

CConn said:

In pink.
I thought it was purple?

Don't forget about the Big G.

J Alba's Lover said:
I thought it was purple?

Don't forget about the Big G.

That's what he WANTS you to think.

The big G doesn't stand for Galactus either

it stands for Georgio

zer00 said:
That's what he WANTS you to think.

The big G doesn't stand for Galactus either

it stands for Georgio
you mean the G stands ford his favorite Clothe designer Georgio Armani?

J Alba's Lover said:
you mean the G stands ford his favorite Clothe designer Georgio Armani?

Also what he wants you to think.

*strings guitar*

Gather around children!

I will tell you the tale of Galactus' lost love

...or I could give you the short version

Georgio was a man "Gal" met while on travel to switzerland. He was tender. The bubblebaths were what Gal longed for. What he missed, what he needed. Sadly Georgio was killed by a Tuskan raider. Don't ask me how. But let's say the bottom half of him was pushed into his torso. Oddly he had a smile on his face. Galactus never got over it. Hence the eating of planets. It fills the void.

hunter rider said:
sounds positive but i agree with Kel and Zer00 it's only one piece of the puzzle,still a step in the right direction:up:

They have a ways to go, but it does sound good. I really hope they keep alot under their hat and don't give out every piece of information about the movie.....less is more in my opionion......BUT I truly hope that his desire to flesh out Reed's character means he wants to do it for all the characters...

Rabb said:
Both Julian and Kerry Washington have been added to the cast at IMDB. I know it is not always accurate but they were not there before.

Well IMDB is actually more late on things rather than totally inaccurate....so this is good news.:)

I don't think the best kept secret is "Is Doom in it?" the best kept secret is "How much is Doom in it?"

JMAfan said:
They have a ways to go, but it does sound good. I really hope they keep alot under their hat and don't give out every piece of information about the movie.....less is more in my opionion......BUT I truly hope that his desire to flesh out Reed's character means he wants to do it for all the characters...

What encourages me is that the two biggest character problems - Reed and Doom - have been recognized and addressed (in words at least) by the director and writer.

They could just be BSing us, but I'd much rather hear them saying the right things at this stage then the wrong things.

Willie Lumpkin said:
What encourages me is that the two biggest character problems - Reed and Doom - have been recognized and addressed (in words at least) by the director and writer.

They could just be BSing us, but I'd much rather hear them saying the right things at this stage then the wrong things.

agreed...:up:

I just hope they do Surfer justice, and not try to quickly whip out the character just to get the script done.

I am very very familiar with the source material, the real source material! The true version of the F4, the version that the king himself created.

Kirby put the F4 in serious situations, life changing, world at risk situations, there was none of this silliness that I'm reading about here in these forums. That was the problem with the first movie it was way to lighthearted!!

The F4 should be a serious action movie, the arrival of the SS and Galactus should be treated very serious. Kirby would be totally disgusted if he could see the joke they made of the F4 in the first movie!

This should be treated as very serious material, the arrival of Galactus means that the entire world is in serious danger, what's at all funny about that??

Give this movie the scope, power, and seriousness that it's created intended for it to have!! Kirbys version, that's the real F4!!

kirbyfan said:
I am very very familiar with the source material, the real source material! The true version of the F4, the version that the king himself created.

Kirby put the F4 in serious situations, life changing, world at risk situations, there was none of this silliness that I'm reading about here in these forums. That was the problem with the first movie it was way to lighthearted!!

The F4 should be a serious action movie, the arrival of the SS and Galactus should be treated very serious. Kirby would be totally disgusted if he could see the joke they made of the F4 in the first movie!

This should be treated as very serious material, the arrival of Galactus means that the entire world is in serious danger, what's at all funny about that??

Give this movie the scope, power, and seriousness that it's created intended for it to have!! Kirbys version, that's the real F4!!

Respect your opinion....:)

Even the most serious of movies has its funny moments. While I agree that it should be a little more serious, I don't agree that it has to become some sort of dark worrisome drama. Even Batman Begins had funny moments in it and it was a DARK film. Just my 2 cents.

kirbyfan said:

While you're absolutely correct in stating that Lee/Kirby put them in the most serious of situations... you can't tell me that there was no humor to the books too.

The humor usually took place during their downtime between missions.

The first movie had comedic moments, but certainly wasn't a broad comedy. It was dead serious when it came to the accident, the majority of the brooklyn bridge scene, Ben's cure and return, and the final fight with Doom.

The Galactus trilogy should certainly be treated with the seriousness of his arrival and what it means to the fate of the Earth... but those downtime moments can still have their share of fun moments.

CConn said:

In pink.

Yeah, see.. That's why I never took him serious. A silver dude on a surfboard is cool....but a giant world devouring alien IN PINK...no.

Willie Lumpkin said:

Exactly.

There is nothing to gain from snowballing people over on these two issues at this point. I think most would agree that the characters need serious revamping/upgrading for this next installment.

This report is most encouraging...and we need more like them. :up:

kirbyfan said:

Stan Lee: Heh

Batman: heh

Stan Lee: Huh?

Batman: Want to get some pizza?

Stan Lee: Sure

Batman: Let's go

Stan Lee: EXCELSIOR!

Batman: You're not going to do that the whole way are you?

and that made your post good

sanitized.jpg

Galactus hungers... That doesn't mean he doesn't want to look pretty whilst he eats the lifeforce of planets killing billions of innocents...

zer00 said:
And SS is a naked silver dude on a surf board.

Who is also a philosopher

....sounds like a San Fran native to me, Con.
naked? he has silver undies on..........Why, is beyond me because Galactus supposed to have taken out anything like that. Never could figure that out.

kirbyfan said:

There are a number of humorous moments in FF#48-50. Most of them are courtesy of Ben, who is always making wisecracks in the face of danger, but those moments are there.

Vartha said:
naked? he has silver undies on..........Why, is beyond me because Galactus supposed to have taken out anything like that. Never could figure that out.

That's printer error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"