Dr. Lecter Invites you to Dinner. The ''Hannibal'' Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]365413[/split]

2. TwilightPro101

TwilightPro101 ........

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81995

3. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

I've been following Fuller's Twitter since back when Mockingbird Lane was still a possibility. :csad:

****ing NBC. :argh:

4. venus_ice

venus_ice Well-Known Member

More episode descriptions AHHH

ALANA, GURL. YOU WILL BE TESTED.

5. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

For the next iteration of the thread:

The Hannibal Thread will honor every part of you

The Hannibal Thread just smelled you

Do not pass the Hannibal Thread anything but soft paper

Have you seen the Hannibal Thread in moonlight? It appears quite black.

The Hannibal Thread would like to have you and your wife for dinner

The Hannibal Thread thinks you are being very rude

The Hannibal Thread ate the Lost Thread

Girls with daddy issues seem drawn to the Hannibal Thread

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  6. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Thursdays have been so grateful to me with Person of Interest and then Hannibal right after...I certainly hope NBC doesn't cancel it.

After watching this episode, which I LOVED, I must watch that other episode on their website now...I'm wondering what happened before tonight's episode.

But anyways, back to this episode...really liked the whole plot of the Angel Maker, but one thing I didn't quite understand...he went from NJ to Ohio...was he on his way back to that farm or what's the reason for him traveling?

7. Superfreak

Superfreak Gramaton Cleric

just watched the webisodes... why exactly was this pulled from TV? After watching, I don't know why.

this show is fantastic, one of the beautiful shots from episode 5 (five in order, not in airing) was when Jack was walking away from Will after he had his brain fart. The angel suspended above Will with a halo was very cool.

hope the show keeps this level of detail and focus.

8. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

The webisodes cut out the plotline with Molly Shannon brainwashing children into murdering their families, which was why the episode was pulled.

I still think it's ridiculous that they did that, but there you have it.

9. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

I found it funny that at the beginning of episode 5 they showed scenes from the eliminated episode 4 in the intro. So if you hadn't seen those webisodes you'd be like WTF? :p

10. RetroNaz

RetroNaz Bom Bom Bom

Crazy that they cut those scenes from the webisode.
    The world needs more Molly Shannon too.

11. insider1970

insider1970 Well-Known Member

So many news, good news, surprising news, I'd love to hear your thoughts, and tell you mine:

Great interview by Fuller, so many information (Eklypze, you won't like this, but remember, Fuller is the polar opposite of Nolan and don't be harsh). Please read (SPOILERS):

Source: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...n-fuller-eyes-david-bowie-for-major-role.html

I guess Fuller doesn't intend to have the book ending? Either way, I'm ready for ANYTHING whatever (unless Hannibal dies at the end, because I swear I'll shoot Fuller dead :cmad::cmad:)

Seems interesting plan for 7 seasons though. I'm looking forward to it. However, I'm doubtful, last night wasn't a good ratings night :waa::waa:

But I was kind of anticipating that. It aired in Canada before US, a lot of people downloaded it and watched other shows. Plus, some are waiting to watch *somewhere* the episode 4 first and then 5. I really hope NBC doesn't cancel this great show!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  12. Schlosser85

I would really like to see what Fuller's entire vision is, but I'm doubtful it'll make it through 7 seasons. That's really ambitious, and ratings weren't good last night.

13. RetroNaz

RetroNaz Bom Bom Bom

Oh damn, ratings aren't holding steady?

14. James

James Built from Lego

It doesn't help the ratings when you start pulling episodes then fumbling around trying to tell everyone they'll be online, but they'll be cut, but then we'll show the real one, but you know, it'll be online, and and and...

And no one pays any freakin' attention anyway because I doubt anyone would have been upset if they'd of aired the episode. And what's the worst they're going to get? A couple of e-mails from people with nothing better to do that NBC can just ignore?

The show could have gone either way from the beginning, but this ridiculous move didn't help at all.

15. Schlosser85

Yea, that episode pulling was just a whole bunch of silliness.

16. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

In my group four of us watched, only two of us have stuck with it, whereas all of us stuck with The Following. For me Hannibal is much better because the Following began to unravel after mid-season. Hard to say if this one will as well and kill the chances for a future season. :( I hope not.

17. Ultimatehero

Ultimatehero Life is infinite

I think it's telling that NBC seems happy. I was a fan of 'Awake' but didn't see much of an area for that show to go to. Whereas here there seems to be a concrete plan, which I think is very appealing. I also don't think they'll count this week's ratings that much.

I didn't watch this week's episode, I'm holding off on watching episode 4 Tuesday from the India airing and then episode 5 so that I'm watching the series as originally intended. And the kind of audience this show probably has, I'd figure a good proportion have also held off. My Mom also watches it, usually she doesn't know anything like this - but she knew about it too so what happened did make news headlines.

18. venus_ice

venus_ice Well-Known Member

Fuller is jinxing this show with his '7 seasons planned out' ********. :funny:

19. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

No, NBC is jinxing this show with it's idiotic scheduling. Holding a show off until nearly the end of the regular season is just a dumbass move all around. It's like they don't even care.

20. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

Putting it on their weakest night as well, which only has gotten worse in live viewership as the season has gone on. Hannibal got brutal numbers last night. A 1.0 and 2.4 million live viewers. I know lead ins aren't what they were 10-15 years ago but there are still a segment of the population that will check out what's coming on next.Though the Live +7 DVR ratings came out this week for the first week of Hannibal and it gained 55% more viewers and increased their 18-49 demo by 69% to raise it to a 2.7.
    A lot of NBC shows get a sizeable increase with DVR viewings.

8:00PM CBS The Big Bang Theory 4.5 15 15.05
    FOX American Idol 2.8 9 11.40
    ABC Wife Swap 1.1 3 3.42
    NBC Community 1.0 3 2.33
    CW The Vampire Diaries 1.0 3 2.24

8:30PM CBS Two and a Half Men 2.8 8 11.32
    NBC The Office -R 0.9 3 1.84

9:00PM ABC Grey's Anatomy 2.7 7 8.24
    CBS Person Of Interest 2.4 7 13.22
    FOX Glee 1.8 5 5.24
    NBC The Office 1.7 5 3.25
    CW Beauty And The Beast 0.5 1 1.24
    9:30 PM NBC Parks and Recreation 1.3 4 2.59

10:00 PM ABC Scandal 2.8 8 7.90
    CBS Elementary 2.0 6 10.07
    NBC Hannibal 1.0 3 2.40

Hopefully it is doing well globally.

21. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Hannibal's numbers last night are doubly bad when you consider last night is the first time it went against new episodes of Scandal and Elementary. Hannibal barely broke 2 million viewers and had a 1.0. This bodes very badly for it. What bodes even worse for it is that NBC renewed several dramas today, Hannibal wasn't one of them. That could very well turn out to be all of the dramas that they are renewing.

I personally don't think it'll get picked up. It is an expensive cast and production team, clearly a high budgeted show. So it is expensive to produce. Furthermore, the numbers are pretty abysmal. I feel like people who point to international and DVR viewings are like the people who said that international box office would ensure that Superman Returns got a sequel. I just don't think international and DVR matter all that much to studios. Is this a failure to respond to the changing market? Perhaps....but that won't help Hannibal.

22. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

I don't think this show's fate relies solely on NBC, but the way they're handling it pisses me off.

23. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

Perhaps, but my understanding was that Gaumont International had the rights for a Hannibal TV show, hired Bryan Fuller and NBC bid for the American rights. With Gaumont's presence in Europe, having AXN involved in the production and having AXN channels across the world air the show my thought was if NBC stopped airing it, Gaumont would find another home for the American market.

24. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

I don't think you're going to see many American networks willing to bet on a show that entirely failed to pick up an audience. There is a very good chance that this winds up with about 1.5 million viewers before all is said and done. That is low even by cable standards now-a-days. And if the show doesn't get an American network behind it, the actors will pull and Gaumont will probably axe it. Part of me thinks that the show's best bet may be Netflix.

25. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

I hope Netflix would step in. They have a relationship with Gaumont already with Hemlock Grove.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.