Guardians of the Galaxy Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. I now have to hear RR use Freakalicious in the movie. Can you imagine Rooker saying... Freakalicious....or any actor used to voice RR. hahaha

1255088-drax___thanos_1_super.jpg

Some Drax love. I might get my heart ripped out if I commandeer his thread with Rocket love.

1371889-78226_174267_drax_the_destroyer_super.jpg

lol. I wonder would they even delve into the whole 'sole purpose is to kill thanos' thing for the MCU?

lol. I wonder would they even delve into the whole 'sole purpose is to kill thanos' thing for the MCU?

I figure they'll simplify his origin.

They'll make him a Kree/ Eternal who's entire family Thanos killed, and maybe tie in Mentor/ Alars some how.

I really doubt he'll be a saxophone playing real estate agent, who becomes an undead version of the hulk, and who's daughter becomes a bald bi-sexual demi-goddess possessed by a demon dragon.

...just a little too much for the GA.

They should all walk into some hole-in-the wall space bar, with a space band playing (yes there'd be a sax) and have RR say something to Drax about getting up there and playing. Then just have Drax sneer at him or something funny along those lines. That would be a wonderful little nod.

I really doubt he'll be a saxophone playing real estate agent, who becomes an undead version of the hulk, and who's daughter becomes a bald bi-sexual demi-goddess possessed by a demon dragon.

Agreed. Moondragon will definitely have hair.

Had a little walk down memory lane on this thread to see who's been mentioned so far...

Vin Diesel / Dwayne Johnson / Terry Crews / Conan Stevens / Kevin Durand /
Gerard Butler / Joe Manganiello / Jason Momoa / Manu Bennett /
Brandon Routh / Dominic Purcell / Matthew McConaughey / Joseph Gatt

I'd be ecstatic if they get either Diesel, Johnson, Manganiello or Crews.

I figure they'll simplify his origin.

They'll make him a Kree/ Eternal who's entire family Thanos killed, and maybe tie in Mentor/ Alars some how.

I dont see how, the GA have accepted more outlandish stuff in films with other characters, why would they not accept this?

Personally I want them to keep things as close as possible to the comics, Marvel have played it safe so far, now surely they can push the boat out a bit more with their properties.

Drax is probably my favourite character of the GOTG, so I want his history in as much as possible as well as an epic fight with Thanos.

I dont see how, the GA have accepted more outlandish stuff in films with other characters, why would they not accept this?

Personally I want them to keep things as close as possible to the comics, Marvel have played it safe so far, now surely they can push the boat out a bit more with their properties.

Drax is probably my favourite character of the GOTG, so I want his history in as much as possible as well as an epic fight with Thanos.

Fair enough. If they're going to do the complicated tripping over itself back story, I'd say keep it VERY simple in GoTG 1, and get in depth in GoTG2 when Moon Dragon joins. I think Drax should believe that Heather is dead in this film.

Last edited:
I think Drax is tied with Rocket Raccoon and Star Lord as my three favorite GOTG characters.

Fair enough. If they're going to do the complicated tripping over itself back story, I'd say keep it VERY simple in GoTG 1, and get in depth in GoTG2 when Moon Dragon joins. I think Drax should believe that Heather is dead in this film.

I wouldnt mind them leaving out the Saxophone part, they could just have him playing it in one scene as a hint, but I want the rest left in, wouldnt mind him thinking Heather is dead for now either.

I want Thanos being responsible for the death of him and his family as well as his sole purpose being to kill Thanos intact in this movie though.

And to re-itorate I want a big fight between Drax and Thanos, obviously Drax will have to lose, and maybe get help from the rest of the team eventually, but I want him to put up a good fight.

Which also makes me wonder what powers they will give him, in the past he has had power bolts from his arms, ridiculous strength and indurability, and then latest incarnation who was just a bad-ass. I personally have liked all of them and wouldnt mind seeing any.

Yeah, Thanos and Drax need to have a history. Thanos will be more powerful than all of them though...he's the next big bad. I want to see him throw down with anyone at this point

Had a little walk down memory lane on this thread to see who's been mentioned so far...

Vin Diesel / Dwayne Johnson / Terry Crews / Conan Stevens / Kevin Durand /
Gerard Butler / Joe Manganiello / Jason Momoa / Manu Bennett /
Brandon Routh / Dominic Purcell / Matthew McConaughey / Joseph Gatt

I'd be ecstatic if they get either Diesel, Johnson, Manganiello or Crews.

As much as Drax is a Destroyer, I'd see Diesel or The Rock destroy that role. They'll do their own thing and not stick to Drax's personality. Plus when people go see the movie, guaranteed once the movie is over, they wouldn't know who Drax is. They'd refer to him as "The Rock" or "Diesel."

Out of the list of actors mentioned on here; Manu Bennett, Conan Stevens, Joe Manganiello, Dominic Purcell and Joseph Gatt would be a good fit.

However Conan Stevens will be tied up with "The Hobbit" so he's out.

Also, on a different site someone said a good actor too for Drax, Luke Goss. Like Purcell, the both of them have been antagonist in the Blade films. Goss has also played a (whatever you wanna call it) elf (Prince Nuada) in Hellboy (he was the main antagonist jumping around). He's a good actor, a good swordsmen and stunt man. Luke Goss can pull off Drax the Destroyer! However his acting schedule looks tied up.

ActorLukeGos_John_Shea_15888042.jpg

Which also makes me wonder what powers they will give him, in the past he has had power bolts from his arms, ridiculous strength and indurability, and then latest incarnation who was just a bad-ass. I personally have liked all of them and wouldnt mind seeing any.

They're gonna go with the modern knife wielding Drax, they even used him on the official banner.

As much as Drax is a Destroyer, I'd see Diesel or The Rock destroy that role. They'll do their own thing and not stick to Drax's personality. Plus when people go see the movie, guaranteed once the movie is over, they wouldn't know who Drax is. They'd refer to him as "The Rock" or "Diesel."

Out of the list of actors mentioned on here; Manu Bennett, Conan Stevens, Joe Manganiello, Dominic Purcell and Joseph Gatt would be a good fit.

However Conan Stevens will be tied up with "The Hobbit" so he's out.

Also, on a different site someone said a good actor too for Drax, Luke Goss. Like Purcell, the both of them have been antagonist in the Blade films. Goss has also played a (whatever you wanna call it) elf (Prince Nuada) in Hellboy (he was the main antagonist jumping around). He's a good actor, a good swordsmen and stunt man. Luke Goss can pull off Drax the Destroyer! However his acting schedule looks tied up.

ActorLukeGos_John_Shea_15888042.jpg

Goss wouldnt be a bad pick at all, was great as both Nomak and Prince Nuada and can sell an action scene very well. Got the voice for it as well.

They're gonna go with the modern knife wielding Drax, they even used him on the official banner.

Hmmmm, not bad, as I said I wouldnt mind any Drax, but the Annihilation one was awesome.

^Shame, Luke is actually a decent actor as well, as proven in Blade II and HB II, ah well, i'm sure Marvel will find someone decent for the role.

...this coming from the guy who wants to fill the cast with pro wrestlers?

No to Johnson or Diesel, but yes to Goss?

Seriously?

Well I guess those wrestling types are basically actors. Andre the Giant was great in Princess Bride. So lets not pooh pooh out of snobbery. I would argue that pro wrestlers are probably more qualified than mma fighters and other athletes. Maybe this Eve Torres person is the next Andre the Giant or Roddy Piper. Or even the Hulkster!

Damn man, it sounds like you guys know nothing outside MCU and highly famed actors of today's Pop Culture. It's sad, I came to this site thinking you guys will not only know Guardians but have a well understanding of the outside world and how studios actually work (not yet once heard a logical response to my casting calls).

I should of ended posting as soon as I saw the posts where people were asking who Rocky or Pete are, asking what issues to read for the 1st time (really? your on here talking about like you know wtf yet you've never read one issue or maybe have read 4 of them? really?), and then only saying guys like The Rock or Diesel should play Drax or naming off well known nominees who have been advertized on the red carpet. It seems like you guys imdb'ed red carpet actors. This is a Super Hero Space Sci-Fi not a Drama shooting for an Oscar. Come on!

I'm done posting here, have fun in your narrow minded boxes.

...this coming from the guy who wants to fill the cast with pro wrestlers?

Show's how much you know about actors... I've only listed one pro wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"