Drax The Man on the Sax: a Thread for the Destroyer

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by KangConquers, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I think much like MCU Thor and Iron Man, we're not going to see him doing any class 50-100 acts of strength. That seems to be Hulk's bag in the Avengers, and I imagine it will be Groot's in gotg. That said, they should still show Drax as having high superhuman levels of power in ways other than flipping tanks or the alien equivalent.

2. deadmannuk12 Registered

I’m trying to get exited about this movie but I cant. And I don’t really know if I can think of casting for this BC I don’t know the cast. I see a lot of people say a method actor should play drax, but who is he? What’s his motivation? Is just another action bad A$$ or is he more?

If this guy has feeling and motivations I say cast a method actor, but if he is just a big broot cast a gym guy and get it over with.

Some one give me a reason to care about this guy and film

3. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Read the comics.

4. BigThor God of Thunder

Well Thor stopped Hulk's punch and crushed IM's armor which can shrug off tanks shells, so I'd say those are class 50-100 acts of strength.

I see what you're saying though, well hopefully they atleast show Draw sending guys flyings and bursting through walls.

5. Captain Marvel SHAZAM!

I can't think of one.

Now go away and spare us your whining.

6. deadmannuk12 Registered

Na, Thanks but no thanks marvel, I think I'll just skip this one. I mean not even the diehard fans of this comic can give any insight to why these/this character matters or any character traits that motivate him/them. I mean I wasn't a big Thor fan, but at least you could see his motorvation right away. This Drax sounds dumb to me. Like a bald Hulk/Kratos type character.

So if the super fans of GOTG cant even tell my why they are fans of this guy then I suspect this will be a crapy film no mater who you cast as Drax.

Just my opinion

7. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

we're not here to tell you why to like something. its not difficult to read the comics. we're not going to read them to you before bedtime.

8. Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

seriously why do you need someone to make up your mind for you

9. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Precisely that actually lol

10. Captain Marvel SHAZAM!

Good. Great. Grand. Now go away.

11. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I have a feeling our new friend would make a good Ulik in a future Thor sequel.

12. BigThor God of Thunder

Hehehehehe nice one :up:

13. deadmannuk12 Registered

And this is why I stay away from these forums, bc rather than be help full people act like a-holes. You guys are real tuff yelling at a girl on the internet, just bc I asked a question. real classy guys.

Thank you

14. MarvelKnight Registered

You came in here already with a predisposed opinion that this film will suck it seems and you that thought-process has resonated with the people here who are actually fans and think this will be a good film..which isn't a nice way to start out your tenure in this forum..then you asked a question, and people gave you a suggestion. You have turned down that suggestion and more power to you, that is your prerogative. But don't twist it into the people inthis forum being cruel or mean or "a-holes" as you put it. Reading the comics is the purest way to help you realize what everyone is in here talking about so you can form your own opinion of the GotG, whether for better or worse. The ball is in your court.

Take care. Unfortunately I doubt you'll be missed.

#139 MarvelKnight, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  15. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Troll on, you crazy diamond!

16. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

[​IMG]

17. JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

You're pretty much saying "I don't care about this film at all, so someone make me." That's not a good way to go about it. If you want us to help you out with getting excited for this then you should've just asked respectfully. And no, Drax isn't just some dumb brute like you assume, none of these characters are that simple. They're weirdos and outcasts, that's the appeal.

#142 JB-the-Hunter, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  18. MarvelKnight Registered

posting the same message in multiple threads. annoying.

19. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

[​IMG]

20. MarvelKnight Registered

Indubitably.

21. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Drax is motivated by the death of his family at the hands of Thanos. I suppose that makes him a bit one note, but he's always been more of a supporting character to Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Nova, and Star-Lord.

Gamora is Thanos's adopted-daughter, who was raised as his personal assassin. Her motivation is atonement.

Star-Lord's motivation in the comics is also atonement, but the movie version may or may not have anything to atone for, yet. When Star-Lord was a young, inexperienced superhero, he fought a villain that was out of his league. In his desperation to defeat the villain, he caused the deaths of 375,000 people (a number that would have to be GREATLY reduced if he was going to be shown in any sort of sympathetic light in the film.)

He also made the mistake of letting the Kree, who served as his adopted people, fall prey to the Phalanx virus. Star-Lord is basically sort of a Tony Stark figure. Snarky and quippy but harboring a dark past + lots of regret.

Rocket Raccoon and Groot are mascots. They're the droids we're looking for, if you will.

Sorry if that's not enough for you, but a lot of us are very excited.

22. Guardian Outlaw Registered

Drax is more than a brute, more than ur average assassin. He was once a normal human until him and his family witnessed Thanos' ship landing on Earth. Thanos killed him and his family. As a result Thanos' father brought Drax back to life in a new body with the sole purpose to destroy Thanos. Now Drax has the need inside him to carry that out. Nothing can stop him for he will search all the corns of the universe to find him and kill him. The urge inside him is like a vampire's thrust for blood. He can smell when Thanos is near and destroy whatever stands in his way. He is known as Drax the Destroyer. It is also known that whoever takes his side, risks being destroyed themselves. Therefore he is also a character that carries a heart of sorrow.

23. MarvelKnight Registered

Hilarious.

24. MarvelKnight Registered

They're 'mascots' but they do and will kick more ass than 3PO and R2D2 ever did or will :)

25. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Very true. Not like C3PO's ever decapitated a clown, or threatened a Demi-God this way:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.