Dream Team League Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um. Both Gog and I objected to you getting "All Star" Superman M*, because you used feats he performed in that appearance as arguments for the main Superman M*. Basically, they were the same character in your arguments until you realized I wasn't giving up Superman M*.

Why would Gog object to something he originally proposed? That the All Star Superman was a seperate Superman M* from the original one that we saw? Gog's the one who felt that way originally and made it quite clear.

They definitely had differing appearances.

Regardless, it's an alternate reality. Even if it was the original Superman One Million, that reality diverged when he visited it.

Meaning it's an alternate Superman One Million.

Why cause he's in the future and has more technology thus making him more mentally stable? Ok, I'll take him. I'm going to call them the Paladin Platoon.

He's stronger, more ruthless, has that entire room of hero tech...

Why would Gog object to something he originally proposed? That the All Star Superman was a seperate Superman M* from the original one that we saw? Gog's the one who felt that way originally and made it quite clear.

They definitely had differing appearances.

Regardless, it's an alternate reality. Even if it was the original Superman One Million, that reality diverged when he visited it.

Meaning it's an alternate Superman One Million.
Ah, but according to him it was your arguments involving using those feats performed in All-Star that played at least a part in getting Superman M* allowed in. Also, even if you were right, how does the same character visiting two different (possible?) pasts make the future character into two different versions? He's still the same guy in all the realities he visits.

What he did in All-Star Superman weren't exclusive feats that made him legal. That's an assumption I've got no idea where you're getting from.

He was allowed in because as he was being debated again we allowed Superboy Prime, with a Sinestro Corps ring none the less. That, and the comparisons I drew between his feats compared to Gladiator's.

No one suddenly looked at the All Star Superman feats and went "Ah! He's perfectly legal now!",

Well, anyways, you presented them as evidence when you were arguing for THE Superman M*. But now, suddenly, they're supposed to be two different characters.

1-Nightcrawler

2-Nightwing

3-Quicksilver

4-Havok

5-Sabretooth

6-Metallo

7-Solar

8-Dr. Doom

9-Namor

10-The Thing

11-Mystique

12-Hulk

How's this list?

Wait, we gotta slow down a little bit. Before you officially put together a team, we have to make sure that we actually have room for another one. Technically, Mistress Gluon joined up first and has first dibs on taking the last available spot.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't still join up. Lady Vader has already said she'd be willing to co-own her team with you if we don't have room.

Takes Supes 1Mil to the rankings thread guys.

A scene can't be interpreted multiple ways when there are circumstances that can be interpreted in varying ways?

Tim uses an incarnation of Magneto before his "power-up." That's splitting a characters history within a single universe in half.

A very different looking character, in another reality completely, none the less removed from his own time, can't be considered an alternate version?

Takes Supes 1Mil to the rankings thread guys.
Actually, why don't you just rule on it? I drafted Superman M* with the thought that I would have access to ALL of his feats. There's not much more I can say that I haven't already.

What do you mean "very different" looking? Aside from his godawful haircut, and the fact that he was being drawn by ****ing QUITELY, he looked exactly the same.

If the All-Star universe is another reality like the Ultimate universe, then the All-Star Superman M* should be from the All-Star version of the 853rd century, and would be a different character.

But, if All-Star Supes M* referenced anything from the DC 1Mil crossover, that would point to me that their the same character (since they'd have a shared history).

The All-Star Universe is actually the closest thing DC has to an Ultimate Universes. All Star Batman literally is an Ultimates title, the way it's written.

Weekly Line Up (Tentative)

Martian Manhunter (DU)
Superman (Kingdom Come) (DU)
Gorilla Grodd (DM)
Batman (DR)
Captain America (MR)

X if you would be so kind as to post Links to all your characters I would be most grateful...

Tweaking my roster, Nightwing...

Superman One Million (All-Star) (DU)
Josef Huber (MU)
Temugin (MM)
Batman (One Million) (MR)
Animal Man (Dark) (DR)

Are Black Panther and Sandman still on the trading block?

Tweaking my roster, Nightwing...

Superman One Million (All-Star) (DU)
Josef Huber (MU)
Temugin (MM)
Batman (One Million) (MR)
Animal Man (Dark) (DR)

Didn't we declare Mandarin and Temugin uber, or were we just discussing it?

You were, at the elast, pretty close to declaring him Uber, if you hadn't done it already.

If the All-Star universe is another reality like the Ultimate universe, then the All-Star Superman M* should be from the All-Star version of the 853rd century, and would be a different character.

But, if All-Star Supes M* referenced anything from the DC 1Mil crossover, that would point to me that their the same character (since they'd have a shared history).
Well, **** yes he referenced things. He said he was the Superman from the 853rd century, he mentions the same "Able to leap from world to world in a single bound". Hell, it even featured Superman-Prime, who referenced New Krypton, which was what was created for him when he returned int he original DC 1 million event. And then there's the brief cameo in All-Star Superman 2, in which Kal Kent is talking about facing Solaris, exactly like what happened in the original event. It is clear this is meant to be the same character Grant created for the original 1 million event.

Why would a Iron Man rogue who's never shown himself to be more powerful than Iron Man be an uber?

Wait, we gotta slow down a little bit. Before you officially put together a team, we have to make sure that we actually have room for another one. Technically, Mistress Gluon joined up first and has first dibs on taking the last available spot.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't still join up. Lady Vader has already said she'd be willing to co-own her team with you if we don't have room.
Or you could let him in, give him four losses for the first four weeks, and let me have a second team!

Feel free to yell at me for being annoying.

Well, **** yes he referenced things. He said he was the Superman from the 853rd century, he mentions the same "Able to leap from world to world in a single bound". Hell, it even featured Superman-Prime, who referenced New Krypton, which was what was created for him when he returned int he original DC 1 million event. And then there's the brief cameo in All-Star Superman 2, in which Kal Kent is talking about facing Solaris, exactly like what happened in the original event. It is clear this is meant to be the same character Grant created for the original 1 million event.
Did he reference the EVENTS of DC One Million?

Um. Both Gog and I objected to you getting "All Star" Superman M*, because you used feats he performed in that appearance as arguments for the main Superman M*. Basically, they were the same character in your arguments until you realized I wasn't giving up Superman M*.
All-Star Superman has not yet been officially established as having any ties to the 52 Multiverse. Therefore, however similar they may be, we are looking at two different Supermen One Million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"