The Dark Knight Dressing up for TDK

I'm strongly debating on doing it. But I don't know if it would be too comfortable or if I would be too embarassed...I'm a shy Batman. :oldrazz:

l_e859e5e303fa3d674042e14285e34f6f.jpg

l_6425610c489526a279b85eeb19c82520.jpg

Looks great!
Is that a rubies cowl? did you modify it at all?, cause it seems to fit you well.
Did you make the Gauntlets yourself? In the first pic they kind of look like foamies, If they are you did a hell of a good job on 'em.

Looks great!
Is that a rubies cowl? did you modify it at all?, cause it seems to fit you well.
Did you make the Gauntlets yourself? In the first pic they kind of look like foamies, If they are you did a hell of a good job on 'em.

The gauntlets are resin. Sometimes I wish they were foam, when I first got them I poked myself pretty bad with the blades right in the stomach! lol I had a guy made them for me who is very good at that sort of thing. Custom fit and everything. I recently painted them matte black to get rid of the shine.

The cowl is modified just a little, a Rubies Version 2. But the reason it fits so well is because of the fact I wear a ski mask I did some work on underneath (cut the face off of it). Otherwise the Rubies mask feels like wearing a ten gallon bucket on my head if I don't wear something underneath! I did some paint work with it as well.

And I have to agree with Vengeance, you're one of the best Joker's I've seen. It's all in the eyes! :wow:

Deathfromabove and ClownPrince, man, there are too many wicked Joker's! I hope I can find some here in Colorado! :p

The gauntlets are resin. Sometimes I wish they were foam, when I first got them I poked myself pretty bad with the blades right in the stomach! lol I had a guy made them for me who is very good at that sort of thing. Custom fit and everything. I recently painted them matte black to get rid of the shine.

The cowl is modified just a little, a Rubies Version 2. But the reason it fits so well is because of the fact I wear a ski mask I did some work on underneath (cut the face off of it). Otherwise the Rubies mask feels like wearing a ten gallon bucket on my head if I don't wear something underneath! I did some paint work with it as well.

Ah! matte black, see that threw me. They're excellent gaunts.
And I know exactly what you mean about the Rubies, I'm afraid I condemned mine a long time ago. But youv'e done a nice job on yours ( I didn't think it was possible), the paint job adds alot of quality to it.

I almost condemned the first one I got in '05. I took it out of the box and it was light GRAY. I painted it matte black as well. But it looked not so flattering, lot of mistakes on it and the nose was a tad bit crooked. The II looks better, but I painted it and added a few mods to it.

They just don't fit most people. You gotta work with em. And no, I don't have a huge, giant head either. lol Without the padding I added inside, it hangs loose and looks awful.

Glad you like, much appreciated!

I'm strongly debating on doing it. But I don't know if it would be too comfortable or if I would be too embarassed...I'm a shy Batman. :oldrazz:

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!

That's amazing! :D

If I can make myself be Harley, then you DEFINITELY should go and feel no shame!

GO! :D

Harley! I love Harleys! :p

There's a 90% chance I'm going to do it. :D

Do you? :D!
Picture34.jpg

Lol, if I can muster up the courage to go like this ^....then you should have no trouble at all!

So, let's make that a 100%, ok? ;)

Do you? :D!
Picture34.jpg

Lol, if I can muster up the courage to go like this ^....then you should have no trouble at all!

So, let's make that a 100%, ok? ;)

Okay. You talked me into it. lol :brucebat:

Very cool job, btw! :wow: A brunette Harley! Can't go wrong!

I'll dye my hair Green and wear a Purple Shirt but nothing passed that, maybe a black arm band in honour of Heath.

Anything other than that I'd be beaten to a bloody pulp in my area.

Okay. You talked me into it. lol :brucebat:

Very cool job, btw! :wow: A brunette Harley! Can't go wrong!

Good! Because that costume should be shown off! :D

Aw, thanks! Haha, yes. A brunette Harley. I don't think Nolan would object... ;)

I cant wait to dress up like Joker for my first showing of TDK, it would definitly be alot more comfortable, then to wear a full batman suit.

Good! Because that costume should be shown off! :D

Aw, thanks! Haha, yes. A brunette Harley. I don't think Nolan would object... ;)

If he objected I would beat him with a stick. Yep, I sure would! :p

Now my friends have talked me into it. lol I can't win.

If he objected I would beat him with a stick. Yep, I sure would! :p

Now my friends have talked me into it. lol I can't win.

Well, as long as I have back-up, then....;)

And yay! I'm glad.

No, you cannot win. Sorry, Batman! ;)

I'm having a premiere party at my house before we head to the midnight showing, and it just so happens to be a costume party... so I'll be dragging around twenty people to the theater in costume. Not strictily TDK costumes, but from any Batman continuity. Should be quite the spectacle. I know for sure that I'm going as a Nolan-verse Harley, and my boyfriend is being Ledger's Joker. I'm so excited.

I'l dress in a Batman shirt, but I have a two, I can't decide which one to wear; a grey "Billionaire Playboy Bruce Wayne", with Batman standing beind a pondering Wayne. Or a Brown Jim Lee version of the Batman with the yellow Bat logo taking up a huge portion of the shirt.

As for the guys dressing in actual costumes, good job! :up:

006.jpg

I gotta know where you got that jacket and tie & shirt, nice job man! So far you're costume is the best I've seen.

SIMPLY GODLY...I love the whole thing, except the cape seems slightly...Animal fur-ish...Maybe just more a synthetic fiber, less of a plush looking cape, and it's perfection...LOVE the gauntlets, by the way...Dude, if you have that whole thing and DON'T go to the premiere rocked out like that- you're silly...

I'm going to be dressed in this lovely attire.

qqoizd.jpg

(Wish I could take credit for the design, alas I cannot.)

I would go with the full bodysuit, but...nay.
I absolutely love that redesign. Post pics if you actually do go through with it. I'd love to see that come to life. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"