DVD/Box Set Discussion

triplet said:
Lana was only on the 3rd Season cover, Tom was all by his lonesome on the other two.

In case it seemed like she was on more than that... ;)

No Not on mine,(I used HIGH -res verison) of this.
Smallville_S3_thumbnail.jpg

I can't stand Lana Lang (Of The SMALLVILLE tv show.), She a really big pain in The ass.

from www.dvdanswers.com

Title: Smallville
Starring: Tom Welling
Released: 13th September 2005
SRP: $59.98

Further Details
Warner has released early details on the fourth season of Smallville which stars Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum and Kristin Kreuk. The six disc package will be available to own from the 13th September this year, and should set you back around $59.98 in total. The episodes themselves will be presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen along with English Stereo tracks. I'm afraid we have no word on extra material for this one yet, but we'll bring you the full specs just as soon as we get them. Stay tuned for that.

The Incredible Hulk said:
LOVE the picture. But I wonder how the rest of the cast felt about being ousted off the cover again after taking three seasons to get there? LOL

Oh well. :p

Kal-El 8 said:
No Not on mine,(I used HIGH -res verison) of this.
Smallville_S3_thumbnail.jpg

I can't stand Lana Lang (Of The SMALLVILLE tv show.), She a really big pain in The ass.

some of the season 3 DVD's look like this:

B0002Y0QV2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Lana and Lex were on the Season 2 cover I believe, not Season 3
Not sure about other countries, but in the US, TW/CK was on the cover of the first two (S1 & S2) all by himself. They added Kreuk and Rosie to the third season's cover.

some of the season 3 DVD's look like this:

B0002Y0QV2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Yeah, that's the one I have. Maybe they printed other covers for other countries???

AgentPat said:
LOVE the picture. But I wonder how the rest of the cast felt about being ousted off the cover again after taking three seasons to get there? LOL

Oh well. :p

I thought the same thing. Not to be pissy about Lois ('cause, I'd never do that;)) but she was in 13 eps this season. I would have liked to have seen a family cover for this season (Clark, Jonathan, and Martha), then perhaps a full cast cover for the final season.

Again, they fail to consult me... ;)

Serene said:
I thought the same thing. Not to be pissy about Lois ('cause, I'd never do that;)) but she was in 13 eps this season. I would have liked to have seen a family cover for this season (Clark, Jonathan, and Martha), then perhaps a full cast cover for the final season.

Again, they fail to consult me... ;)
Oh, if only WE were "consulted" on a lot of things, eh?

For example, it's yellow, blue and freakin RED, mo-rons! LOL ;)

*ahem*

Back on topic, I like having just Clark on the cover (big surprise there), and the full cast photo on the back, like they did with the 1st season DVD. That seemed "fair." But alas, I wasn't consulted either. :p

As to Lois on the cover, that doesn't surprise me. They had Welling and Durance plastered all over the S4 promotional posters at the beginning of the season too. It's all about Lois and Clark, doncha know? ;)

AgentPat said:

Not to mention.. Well, you know. ;)

It's all about Lois and Clark, doncha know? ;)

Dude.. wrong show. :p ;)

AgentPat said:

*ahem*

Back on topic, I like having just Clark on the cover (big surprise there), and the full cast photo on the back, like they did with the 1st season DVD. That seemed "fair." But alas, I wasn't consulted either. :p

As to Lois on the cover, that doesn't surprise me. They had Welling and Durance plastered all over the S4 promotional posters at the beginning of the season too. It's all about Lois and Clark, doncha know? ;)
I think the Season 3 DVD was purple because of the Lex-centricity of the season. Considering that most of that season's best eps were "Shattered," "Asylum," "Memoria," and that Rosie was very present in the special features. Also, I don't think Yellow would be a good color for the box art. But that's just me. :D

As for the S4 DVD, I would've assumed the cover art would be of Flying Kal.

RakuMon said:
I think the Season 3 DVD was purple because of the Lex-centricity of the season. Considering that most of that season's best eps were "Shattered," "Asylum," "Memoria," and that Rosie was very present in the special features. Also, I don't think Yellow would be a good color for the box art. But that's just me. :D
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Raku, I was joking about the suit colors in SR. You know, yellow, blue and RED (vs. maroon?) :p ;) :D

As for the S4 DVD, I would've assumed the cover art would be of Flying Kal.
Gosh, that's an even BETTER idea. :up:

AgentPat said:
And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this, but I'm more looking forward to the first L&C set than I am Singerman. Why? 'Cause I know *exactly* what I'm getting. I know I'll enjoy it for what it is/was; Cain and Hatcher had awesome chemistry. And the set also includes one helluva bonus disc (SV's Crusade ep!) Yeah, I'm wicked psyched!
Well... don't know about everybody else, but I ran out at lunch time yesterday to pick up my L&C S1 DVD. Life is good.

First thing I watched? Twice? LOL! Take a guess.
smug.gif
Yup, 'twas Crusade. But I watched the pilot (L&C) this morning. After so long, I forgot how entertaining the show was. Okay, it's no SV, but Cain was easy on the eyes, and the chemistry between Lois and Clark was great, even if the show's FX wasn't. It may have been romantic camp most of the time, but I liked it for what it was. :)

A friend asked me if I would be interested in the L&C DVD set as a birthday gift, I told her "no thanks, I already have enough coasters as is..." :D

I got lois and clark yesterday its not too bad, dean cain is not really that good as the S man though his clark is good, and you can really tell that erica durrance and her lois is dead on with terri's with a little margot to boot.

DVD deluge set to impoverish TV fans in Q3

By Thomas K. ArnoldThu Jun 23, 2:50 AM ET

The crowded TV-to-DVD pipeline is threatening to burst in the third quarter, as studios announce an unprecedented number of season sets, including packages for "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," "The Simpsons" and "Smallville."

Each Tuesday has several high-profile releases, and Paramount alone has nearly two dozen titles slotted for the three summer months, including the first season and TV-to-DVD debut of "The Amazing Race."

"There are so many sets rolling out, and the studios are still making announcements," said Gord Lacey, who runs the Web site http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com. "August will clear out people's bank accounts, and September will push them into debt."

What's behind the rush? Two factors, studio sources say: a weak theatrical slate, as studios hold their biggest summer blockbusters for the fourth-quarter holiday selling season, and the fact that all things TV are front-of-mind as the networks prepare to roll out their new seasons.

"The end of the third quarter is when new TV seasons launch, so there's a lot of awareness about TV programming in general," Feldstein said.

One of the busiest dates on the TV-to-DVD schedule is July 26, when releases include second-season sets of "The Brady Bunch," "Star Trek Enterprise," and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," Season 1 sets of "Remington Steele" and "3rd Rock From the Sun," and Season 6 of "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman."

Another crowded date is Aug. 16: Season 6 of "The Simpsons," Season 4 of "Will & Grace," Season 3 of "The Andy Griffith Show," Season 5 of "I Love Lucy," and Season 1 of "The Office."

Seven sets are slotted for Sept. 13: Seasons 2 of "Charmed," "Las Vegas" and "The Pretender," Season 3 of "Taxi," Season 4 of "Smallville," and Seasons 6 of "Frasier" and "Cheers."

Lacey predicts two of the quarter's biggest sellers will be Season 1 sets of "Lost" (Sept. 6) and "Desperate Housewives" (Sept. 20).

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Episode of The Flash? Live action or cartoon? Live action would be very, very, very old- no offense. But, which version?

I have a feeling Lois is on the front of the Season 4 DVD set, because there is a tribute featurette to Lois Lane contained in the DVD set.

Do you think that makes sense?

I was thinking that might be a reason too avidreader. It would make at least a whole lot of sense! :D

AgentPat said:
The fourth season DVD won't be released till September 13th, yet it's *already* at #25 on Amazon's Top DVD Seller List:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/dvd/all/

:up: :D

Cool :up: Way to go Smallville.

I wondered, if that was why the ratings dropped off a little this year, cause people know how good the DVD sets are and they were waiting until the season was released on DVD. Generally speaking, they are quite affordable. And I always buy DVDs that I know have great special effects, I'm sure alot of people think along these lines.

avidreader said:
Cool :up: Way to go Smallville.

I wondered, if that was why the ratings dropped off a little this year, cause people know how good the DVD sets are and they were waiting until the season was released on DVD. Generally speaking, they are quite affordable. And I always buy DVDs that I know have great special effects, I'm sure alot of people think along these lines.
Hey I've speculated about that before because I find myself doing just that. I'll catch Lost like that and hopefully the new Battle Star Galatica. Making time to watch/tape a show then have to sit through comercials is a pain. Plus no cliff hangers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"