• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Dwight Yoakam was up for 2 roles

Carnotaur3

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.examiner.com/a-993882~Dwight_Yoakam_pays_tribute_to_Buck_Owens.html

It wasn’t exactly the role of a lifetime.
But for alt-country kingpin and part-time thespian Dwight Yoakam, it was a real career coup: a juicy cameo in Christopher Nolan’s upcoming “Batman Begins” sequel “The Dark Knight.”
“And actually, there were a couple of different parts,” says the Renaissance man. “There was a ne’er-do-well cop who’s one of Gary Oldman’s guys, but I really couldn’t focus enough to deal with that. Then they came back to me and said ‘We know you don’t have time to do that one, but can you do this one instead?’ And it was a banker who had dealings with the Joker, and I wanted so badly to go do that banker and mess around with [Joker portrayer] Heath Ledger. But I just couldn’t do it.”
Yoakam had a serious reason for avoiding Gotham City. He was knee-deep in Bakersfield. Or, more accurately, the legendary Bakersfield Sound created by his late friend and mentor, Buck Owens, to whom he was respectfully devoting an entire album of cover songs.

I would have loved to have seen him in The Dark Knight. I think he's a fantastic actor. Here's hoping they come back to him for the third filma nd give him a bigger role.

He would've been good as the bank manager that takes a bullet to the face...

Dwight's a pretty damn good actor, actually. Would have been cool to see him in that cop role.

Dwight's a pretty damn good actor, actually. Would have been cool to see him in that cop role.
Agreed, but the bank manage migjht have been a further stretch for him. I like to see how actors behave when they're out of their element...

Agreed, but the bank manage migjht have been a further stretch for him. I like to see how actors behave when they're out of their element...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just like the idea of William Fichtner already having that part cuz he's damn cool, haha. :word:

Too bad. Yoakam's quite a fine actor. He would be ideal for a role that involved some brooding intensity. Dig his music too. Maybe in pt. 3?

Yoakam turned in an absolutely chilling performance as the abusive, hateful Doyle Hargraves in Sling Blade. Hopefully he'll get another offer in a future Batfilm because he's very good.

I'm glad William Fichtner's in the film, though.

It's always surprising to me how many musicians are actually very good actors.

David Bowie, Courtney Love, Cher. The list goes on.

Every since wedding crashers I could never take him serious, good thing he declined it.

Dwight ruled in Crank.

You know what this movie needs:

COREY F**KING FELDMAN

C57583~Corey-Feldman-Posters.jpg

Dwight in TDK would have been cool. The guy seriously impressed me with his performance in Slingblade. And in that, put any servations about his transition to rest. :up:

Yeah, God forbid the man should have a bit part in the opening sequence of a comedy.

Naaah. I am taking a Comm Law class though...

...which I should be writing a paper for as we speak.
Oh well, he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"