The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Emma Stone IS Gwen Stacy

I'm sorry, but that's what MJ's role is in the comics. The knockout girl. I'm not asking them to hire a supermodel, but Shailene Woodley is just wrong casting

even Emma Stone would've been better choice for MJ

tumblr_lqdmkh6r0O1qzeohd.gif

I'm sorry, but that's what MJ's role is in the comics. The knockout girl. I'm not asking them to hire a supermodel, but Shailene Woodley is just wrong casting

2008 Emma Stone would've been better choice for MJ

Fixed.

bumping upon the latest interesting news. (see SHH front page if you dont know already)

Say it isn't so! haha. Well, as a couple interpretations of this:

1. Perhaps her fate does come to pass in this film either by the hands of one of the films villains (Electro or Rhino) or by the mysterious Green Goblin whose only introduction is her murder.
2. Perhaps it's a tease. For instance, the final scene is shot on the bridge and she sees some trailing smoke in the distance speeding toward her. (only to be the opening scene in ASM3.)
3. Maybe they are filming certain scenes from ASM3 now? Are they allowed to do that?

Any others you can think of?

If she does get killed in this one as opposed to the third, that will completely ruin the movie for me.

If she does get killed in this one as opposed to the third, that will completely ruin the movie for me.

I think I'm with you there. Honestly if Green Goblin steals the show in this one it will ruin the movie for me. Slow down on your villains Webb... c'mon.

I think I'm with you there. Honestly if Green Goblin steals the show in this one it will ruin the movie for me. Slow down on your villains Webb... c'mon.

GG stealing the show are the least of my worries. My biggest worries is that Gwen will die at the hands of Electro or some other villain that's not GG.

GG stealing the show are the least of my worries. My biggest worries is that Gwen will die at the hands of Electro or some other villain that's not GG.

Well that's kinda what I mean...

Bad - Gwen Stacy dying in ASM2 (as opposed to a future installment)

Worse - Gwen Stacy dying at the hands of Green Goblin in ASM2

Worst - Gwen Stacy dying at the hands of any other villain, ever. (so bad it can't possibly happen, right Marc Webb?)

Worst - Gwen Stacy dying at the hands of any other villain, ever. (so bad it can't possibly happen, right Marc Webb?)

TDKR and Iron Man 3 have proven that literally anything is possible.

TDKR and Iron Man 3 have proven that literally anything is possible.

haha. aww... you're right.

Lets hold out hope that "anything can happen" but only in a threequel.

the third act curse seems to be evolving.

Looking at the costume it seems they are going or at least majorly hinting at the death of gwen

And in all honestly if it is anyone but GG which seems to be the case with all the hints and the leak then its a complete misfire from the production team.

Wait...how is it worse if Gwen dies at the hands of GG? How else is she suppose to die that would rank higher than that?

i don´t think that´s gwen´s death scene, she is in the same clothes when she met MJ
emma-stone-shailene-woodley-meet-spiderman.jpg

amazing-spider-man-2-set-photo-emma-stone-6-392x600.jpg

Probably she gets near the fight, and spidey picks her up to protect her

Last edited:
Hmmmm, that sounds pretty solid to me, seems like an odd time to kill a character off after only just meeting MJ.

Let's just hope this is true.

Hmmmm, that sounds pretty solid to me, seems like an odd time to kill a character off after only just meeting MJ.

Let's just hope this is true.

Evidence she is just near the crime scene, remember the taxi picking her up?:
amazing-spider-man-2.jpg

and that´s the stunt double practicing when he puts her down or maybe picking her up?
spider-man-swings-into-action-01-spiderman-050513-agurg7-56-ramey__oPt.jpg

Wait...how is it worse if Gwen dies at the hands of GG? How else is she suppose to die that would rank higher than that?

idk. maybe i was high when I wrote that.

Maybe I meant it's bad if she just falls off the bridge randomly but worse if they cram Gobby into the last minute of the film.

Either way its definitely a tease at her death.

GOD ITS SO SAD. But i understand. It has to happen.

i can see a lot of things in these pictures that suggest they won't kill gwen, but her having just met mj isn't one of them. i don't see why it's odd for gwen to die right after meeting her, maybe they didn't want to go through the trouble of writing them as friends and then having to include mj mourning on top of peter's mourning, or they don't want to go with the love triangle route so they only have a brief interaction giving no time for any rivalry...

I am going to agree with the majority here that it is just a tease. They already kind of did one (more like an homage but w/e) in the first film with 'Now I'm going to through you out of the window'

i can see a lot of things in these pictures that suggest they won't kill gwen, but her having just met mj isn't one of them. i don't see why it's odd for gwen to die right after meeting her, maybe they didn't want to go through the trouble of writing them as friends and then having to include mj mourning on top of peter's mourning, or they don't want to go with the love triangle route so they only have a brief interaction giving no time for any rivalry...
I would actually really like to see them as some type of friends. Last time we saw them together as a terribly awkward and sour small series of encounters (due to unfortunate events thanks to Peter, granted) so it'd be pretty refreshing.

I am going to agree with the majority here that it is just a tease. They already kind of did one (more like an homage but w/e) in the first film with 'Now I'm going to through you out of the window'.
Good point, I forgot about that. And even though she was saved, you could see a whiplash type effect.

I think it will be just more foreshadowing. Even Webb notes it was foreshadowing in part 1's commentary.

I remember how at the very end of the the TASM movie, just after Spider-Man swings through the crane, time slows and his Spider-Sense triggers. Far further from Spider-Man, the George Washington Bridge can be seen. We all know that in comics, this bridge is the one that which Gwen Stacy was killed on by the Green Goblin. With the nearly identical outfit Emma is wearing in the latest shot, there's some strong foreshadowing of Gwen's death.

Of course, things don't have to closely follow comics. Electro could be the cause for her death this time around. All we can do is wait and speculate. I'd rather not see Emma die, since I like her, but sooner or later she'll have to join her father and uncle Ben.

I think having two films with tons of foreshadowing will be way too much. The first film already hinted enough at Gwen's demise; 1) Spider-man throwing Gwen out the window and catching her with the web 2) Peter breaking his promise 3) reference to bridges, particularly the Washington Bridge during the final swing. Any more in ASM2 without a payoff will be overkill imo.

I think having two films with tons of foreshadowing will be way too much. The first film already hinted enough at Gwen's demise; 1) Spider-man throwing Gwen out the window and catching her with the web 2) Peter breaking his promise 3) reference to bridges, particularly the Washington Bridge during the final swing. Any more in ASM2 without a payoff will be overkill imo.

also the kid falling and being caught on the bridge.

i agree, foreshadowing only works for so long

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"