The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Emma Stone IS Gwen Stacy

I think Gwen will die (even though I think it would be better if that happens in 3rd movie) at the end of the film but the guy who throws her off the bridge MUST BE the Goblin...

If they are doing Gwen's death in this movie, there's absolutely no way they can have her die at the hands of the Green Goblin because they simply do not have enough time to introduce him given everything else they have going on.

If they are doing Gwen's death in this movie, there's absolutely no way they can have her die at the hands of the Green Goblin because they simply do not have enough time to introduce him given everything else they have going on.

That's premature to say the least. We don't know how the characters will play out and what roles they have in the story.

^ How would you not only introduce Norman and the Goblin, but also have him interact with Spidey enough to warrant him kidnapping and killing Gwen without neglecting any of the other characters we know they're introducing, including the film's announced villains Electro and Rhino?

I'm a writer myself and I can't come up with a satisfactory way to do it based on what we know at this point.

^ How would you not only introduce Norman and the Goblin, but also have him interact with Spidey enough to warrant him kidnapping and killing Gwen without neglecting any of the other characters we know they're introducing, including the film's announced villains Electro and Rhino?

I'm a writer myself and I can't come up with a satisfactory way to do it based on what we know at this point.

they better not spider-man 3 it!

Well, it would be cool if Green Goblin appears at the end of the movie... We would have cliffhanger for 3rd movie...

^ Having the Goblin just show up at the end of the movie proper would piss some people off, but is doable depending on how Norman is utilized.

Peter, and presumably his alter-ego spiderman is all over Norman's radar though. All of his employees (Ratha, man in the shadows) are doing Norman's bidding. I'd say, although very indirectly, Norman and Peter and already involved and intertwined at the end of TASM, I think it was clear, imo, that Norman has it out for him. Add to that whatever additional motivations come from Norman in TASM2 and I think there's plenty of reason for Goblin to go after Gwen to get to Peter without it feeling unjustified.

Personally, I'd love to see a Goblin appearance at the very end setting him up for the main villain in TASM3, with possibly a secondary villain in there too. That could be such an epic threequel

Green Goblin could be a credits scene. Marvel movies love them some credits scenes,

Then maybe she dies at the hands of Osborn. Just Norman.

^ That could work depending on what his involvement is, but is again something that would piss some people off.

I think it will be just more foreshadowing. Even Webb notes it was foreshadowing in part 1's commentary.

Do you know exactly where? I wanna look it up. Thanks in advance

I think Goblin appearing at the end would only work if Norman has good development throughout the movie. As much as I've wanted to see the Death of Gwen Stacy in this second movie, I wouldn't want it to be executed poorly.

This looks to be shaping up like Spider-Man 3 all over again.

Sympathetic main villain: Electro (Sandman)

Shoehorned in "fan favorite" villain: Rhino (Venom)

Overarching franchise villain: Norman Goblin (Harry Goblin)

I don't know how they can address all three without one (or more)getting the short end.

Nothing we've seen says that Rhino is in any way 'shoehorned in', though, so your comparison falls flat.

I don't know how they can address all three without one (or more)getting the short end.

I think calling Rhino a "fan favorite" to the same degree as Venom is inaccurate. Plus we don't know Gobby is in this. Difference being we did know about Harry Goblin and they advertised SM3 with all those villains featured. And beyond all that it was done terribly.

Just because Raimi/Tobey did a terrible job putting 3 villains in one movie doesnt mean every superhero flick has to have less than 3 villains (though it is the safer route). Look at IM3 (Savin, Brandt, Killian, Mandarin) or CA:TWS (Batroc, Crossbones, Zola, Winter Soldier) or even TDKR (Bane, Catwoman, Talia) better yet TDK (Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow) and Thor (Loki, Laufey, Destroyer). I'm sure there are more, but my point has been proven I believe.

I think it's worth noting a few things about the actual pictures. For one, she is on a bridge, but not ontop of the structural tower like she is in the comics. And, while she is on a bridge, it appears she is just hanging out there. In that fateful scene, she was taken there by Gobby. And if they have yet to film that scene (where Goblin drops her to her doom) then you'd think we'd see more equipment, cables, cushions, etc. And you better believe spidey paparazzi is hanging around there waiting for that moment. So if she does die in this movie, we will see it filmed before the end of shooting.

emma-stone-the-night-gwen-stacy-died-2-600x839.jpg

That's where you may want to change your approach.

no-no-its-not-true-thats-29495-1310426776-3.jpg

but seriously , the Green Goblin has to kill her if they do it
No he doesn't.

Aldrich Killian is the Mandarin.

Movies are different.

Did The Lizard kill Captain Stacy in the comics?

No he doesn't.

Aldrich Killian is the Mandarin.

Movies are different.

Did The Lizard kill Captain Stacy in the comics?

i know, well ...but to be iconic he has to be his archenemy , but you have a point movies changes stuff arround

Just as this movie will.

Gwen Stacy is dead meat. She just doesn't know it yet :D .

I'm really hoping she has an affair with Norman Osborn and has his twin babies too.

Just as this movie will.

Gwen Stacy is dead meat. She just doesn't know it yet :D .

I'm really hoping she has an affair with Norman Osborn and has his twin babies too.

baby-shocked-gif.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"