The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Emma Stone IS Gwen Stacy

GG killing her is important because it establishes him as Spider-Man's archenemy and develops the relationship between him and Spidey. Captain Stacy being killed by Ock was nowhere as big of a moment as Gwen's death was. Gwen's death is though, and GG is needed as the killer.

I hope it never does because it is my proof of my hatred for Gwen Stacy :D .

GG killing her is important because it establishes him as Spider-Man's archenemy and develops the relationship between him and Spidey. Captain Stacy being killed by Ock was nowhere as big of a moment as Gwen's death was. Gwen's death is though, and GG is needed as the killer.

AND HIS PARENTS don´t forget his parents,

imagine how angry would Peter be if he finds out the truth and then that happens
Why you hate her?

Because she slept with Norman Osborn and had his twin babies while in a committed relationship with Peter?

Why? Because even though Norman was being a dick about his son in a hospital, he had MAGNETISM!

Because she slept with Norman Osborn and had his twin babies while in a committed relationship with Peter?

Why? Because even though Norman was being a dick about his son in a hospital, he had MAGNETISM!

THAT NEVER HAPPENED!, at least it won´t here

It happened! I watched it happen! Don't tell me it didn't happen!

images

Nothing we've seen says that Rhino is in any way 'shoehorned in', though, so your comparison falls flat.

Well,we've heard zero about him thus far.I don't think he'll have a very prominent role.probably one akin to Venom's role in S-M 3.

I think calling Rhino a "fan favorite" to the same degree as Venom is inaccurate.

True.But I mean in terms of more people being excited to see him rather than Electro.

And yeah,I'm not saying multiple villains can't be done well,but had they spent some time developing Norman in the first film,it could've gone a ways in giving them more time to focus on the other two villains.

Well,we've heard zero about him thus far.I don't think he'll have a very prominent role.probably one akin to Venom's role in S-M 3.

Venom was not originally part of SM3; Avi Arad pestered Sam Raimi to rewrite the script to include him. AFAIK, such is not the case here, so no, there's no parallel whatsoever between Rhino and Venom, no matter what size role Giamatti has in the film.

True.But I mean in terms of more people being excited to see him rather than Electro.

And yeah,I'm not saying multiple villains can't be done well,but had they spent some time developing Norman in the first film,it could've gone a ways in giving them more time to focus on the other two villains.

AFAIK, Norman was never intended to be a part of TASM except as a ' name in the shadows', so I fail to see what relevance this comment has to anything.

There's no evidence, at this point, that they're even going to introduce Norman's Goblin alter-ego in this movie.

Last edited:
Man, I hope she doesn't die in this one. I agree, there's only so long you can drag out the Gwen Stacy saga, but it would be a shame to have her killed by someone other than the Goblin. Maybe he could have something to do with it, then have that explored in the third movie.

Venom was not originally part of SM3; Avi Arad pestered Sam Raimi to rewrite the script to include him. AFAIK, such is not the case here, so no, there's no parallel whatsoever between Rhino and Venom, no matter what size role Giamatti has in the film.

Raimi wanted Vulture,but they switched him out for Venom.So it's not like Venom didn't have a slot to fill.I think it's close enough of an comparison.

AFAIK, Norman was never intended to be a part of TASM except as a ' name in the shadows', so I fail to see what relevance this comment has to anything.

That's part of the problem.If they dealt with Norman on a more detailed level,we could have a build up of GG before he kills Gwen.Now,either Norman becomes GG in this film and kills Gwen in an already crowded movie,or they save it for the last film and end the trilogy in the worst way possible.

There's no evidence, at this point, that they're even going to introduce Norman's Goblin alter-ego in this movie.

As bad as the powers that be are behind this film,I still have to doubt very strongly they'll have anyone but GG kill Gwen.

In part,but I'm sure there are other studio heads that understand that the death of Gwen Stacy at the hands of the Goblin is an iconic part of Spidey lore.I may be giving them too much credit,but I'm pretty sure they'll keep that intact.

Man, I hope she doesn't die in this one. I agree, there's only so long you can drag out the Gwen Stacy saga, but it would be a shame to have her killed by someone other than the Goblin. Maybe he could have something to do with it, then have that explored in the third movie.

To me, that's the most logical and simple choice. Remember, Marc Webb has stated how there is a serialized component to this franchise so the 3rd movie will only continue to resolve story lines that the 2nd leaves, same as how ASM2 will dig deeper into the story lines from ASM. But that doesn't necessarily mean that each film won't have some sort of thematic arc of it's own.

ASM = Peter becomes Spider-man (dealing with missing link and how one chooses to fill that void)
ASM2 = ???
ASM3 = ???

Last edited:

Imagine Chris Cooper doing Emma Stone

As if the subject wasn't weird enough :funny:

i knew being fans on MOTU wasnt the only thing we had in common

but i do have to disagree while yes things do change and i was one of the few that hated the
mandarin twist
i can see the reason for it, but with gwen it has to be GG its just too iconic to change without it losing all its effect

all i want from this movie or the next is to see GG pick her up by the ankles and bounce the boring ***** off the side of the bridge.she should have been MJ and then this wouldn't have happened :D lol

as for the humping old norman yeah the story sucked but at least it was something new and different than ohh god i miss saintly gwen no one will compare i'll now go mope over the same **** again and again and again

Well newly released set photos of Emma wearing a green jacket and reports that she was filming on a bridge, kind of points to this being it for Gwen.

Guess this thread should be renamed to...

Emma Stone WAS Gwen Stacey!

I'd want Gwen to die in the second (in a nice way) and then have flashbacks in the third movie.

It might not be the best comparison but in Dexter when a certain character died at the end of season 4 the fifth season started with flashbacks that showed unseen parts from previously. I'd want something similar if she does die in this movie, and plus it'll help the fans get over it too :p

^ I'd want that too actually. As long as Gwen bites the dust later in TASM2. Through set photos we see that they spend a bit of time together, which is good 'cause I'm concerned if they kill her off too quick in the film, I'd feel that they had spent little time together. Or at least from what we've seen.

Now to think of it, those Chinatown photos of them talking at night seems like they're going through something pretty bad. There's even a photo of Peter tearing..
That could be before she gets axed.

^ I'd want that too actually. As long as Gwen bites the dust later in TASM2. Through set photos we see that they spend a bit of time together, which is good 'cause I'm concerned if they kill her off too quick in the film, I'd feel that they had spent little time together. Or at least from what we've seen.

Now to think of it, those Chinatown photos of them talking at night seems like they're going through something pretty bad. There's even a photo of Peter tearing..
That could be before she gets axed.

I think this is starting to become pretty obvious...

Emma just filmed her death scene. All evidence points to that. She was wearing a green jacket, similar to what she was wearing when Goblin killed here. She was filming on a bridge, which is what she fell to her death from. MJ has been brought into this film, showing that we're moving on.

It is a shame, yes, since I love Emma and was hoping she wouldn't die until movie 3, but knowing the above, here's the logical conclusion...

As long as they don;t do something stupid, like have Electro kill Gwen, then we know Gobin will be in this film.

So the early part of ASM2 will be showing us Electro and Rhino. These guys can't just show up out of the blue. We'll need background story. Maybe Rhino will be a cross species thing. Maybe Electro will as well, or he may just be the electrical worker who got fried.

We will likely see Gobin develop, at least as a mastermind. He'll likely "lead" Electro and/or Rhino, directing them to get Spiderman or get Peter's daddy. I could easily see the story be about how the formula isn't stable so Osborn needs Peter's dad.

Anyway, at either the climax or the end of the movie we'll have Gwen die. Either way works. If it is the climax (middle) then the rest of the movie will be about tracking down and attempting to defeat GG. If it is the end, as I suspect, GG killing Gwen will be as retaliation for defeating GG's plan, that included Electro and/or Rhino.

Movie 3 will be all focused on revenge against Goblin and the whole MJ thing. Again, you don;t bring her character in unless you plan to go there.

So I have a feeling that ASM2 will be the last we see of Emma. Doesn't mean we might not see her falling to her death in Peter's nightmares in ASM3, but as far as the character and Emma, all evidence points to her being done, unfortunately, in this flick.

I was really hoping that all three movies would be about Gwen, but alas, that doesn't seem to be the case...

I think this is starting to become pretty obvious...

Emma just filmed her death scene. All evidence points to that. She was wearing a green jacket, similar to what she was wearing when Goblin killed here. She was filming on a bridge, which is what she fell to her death from. MJ has been brought into this film, showing that we're moving on.

It is a shame, yes, since I love Emma and was hoping she wouldn't die until movie 3, but knowing the above, here's the logical conclusion...

As long as they don;t do something stupid, like have Electro kill Gwen, then we know Gobin will be in this film.

So the early part of ASM2 will be showing us Electro and Rhino. These guys can't just show up out of the blue. We'll need background story. Maybe Rhino will be a cross species thing. Maybe Electro will as well, or he may just be the electrical worker who got fried.

We will likely see Gobin develop, at least as a mastermind. He'll likely "lead" Electro and/or Rhino, directing them to get Spiderman or get Peter's daddy. I could easily see the story be about how the formula isn't stable so Osborn needs Peter's dad.

Anyway, at either the climax or the end of the movie we'll have Gwen die. Either way works. If it is the climax (middle) then the rest of the movie will be about tracking down and attempting to defeat GG. If it is the end, as I suspect, GG killing Gwen will be as retaliation for defeating GG's plan, that included Electro and/or Rhino.

Movie 3 will be all focused on revenge against Goblin and the whole MJ thing. Again, you don;t bring her character in unless you plan to go there.

So I have a feeling that ASM2 will be the last we see of Emma. Doesn't mean we might not see her falling to her death in Peter's nightmares in ASM3, but as far as the character and Emma, all evidence points to her being done, unfortunately, in this flick.

I was really hoping that all three movies would be about Gwen, but alas, that doesn't seem to be the case...

Yeah it definitely seems that way. That's most likely what's going to happen. I'm just curious as to what route they go with MJ/how they're going to handle the relationship with Peter.

We don't know how many movies they'll end up making, we know there'll be at least three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"