The Official Dominic Monaghan/Bolt Discussion Thread

Beak?

Beak?

Seriously?

What were these writers on when they decided to add that joke? He's one of the worst characters in X-history.

And assuming most of the characters we're seeing are in some sort of Weapon X team, as speculated... then it's one whacky group. Wolverine, Sabretooth, Gambit, Blob, Deadpool, John Wraith, and Beak?

What were these writers on when they decided to add that joke? He's one of the worst characters in X-history.
Only if you equate being a good character with having good powers. Beak was, in fact, a great character.

Definitely looks like Dominic Monaghan.

Beak.jpg

I wonder how far they're going with the character.

I mean, does anyone know if he's going to be a bird-like creature at all or what?

-TNC

I thought Monoghan was confirmed to be at the circus with the Blob.

I mean, does anyone know if he's going to be a bird-like creature at all or what?

Well, in at least one draft of the script, there was a scene with Beak in bird form
being murdered by Sabertooth
at a circus, so maybe Stryker does something to them that makes them change more into their comic alter egos.

I've heard that Beak is never adressed as "Beak" in the movie. He is just Barnell Bohusk. I've also heard that he is serving with Logan and Creed during World War II or Vietnam (I don't know). He does't have the birdlike appearence, but he can control eletricity.

Ok, it makes almost no sense to do that then. I would've been happier if he was created for the movie.

I'm sure there's gonna be something more to it because otherwise, why give him that character to play?

Maybe he turns more bird-like after he goes through the treatment or something.

-TNC

From the NY Post:
PW: You are also a part of the upcoming "Wolverine" movie; how did that come about?
Dominic: One of my favorite films of the past 5 years is "The Fountain" -- it's just a work of a brilliant mind. So I've managed to sit down with [director] Darren Aronofsky over the years and tell him how much I enjoyed the project. I've done the same with Rachel Weisz. Hugh Jackman was the one person missing from that equation. So, I'd become friends with a guy at Fox who happened to call me one Thursday saying there was a part for me in the "Wolverine" movie and to call him on Friday after I'd read the script. So I called him Friday morning saying I loved the part and he called me back at 1 p.m. asking if I could be on a plane at 4 p.m.

PW: Just like that!
Dominic: Yep. I flew to Sydney, was there for about nine days of filming. I'm actually going back to do another 10 days in Vancouver at the end of January. It's a very exciting project. I'm a big fan of Hugh and I think the film will be a great thing to sit back in the cinema and strap on your seat belt and watch this huge beast of a movie explode.

PW: Are the 10 days reshoots or adding in new scenes?
Dominic: We're doing a bit of both, more than anything else, it's an additional scene which I would get shot in the head if I told you anything about. But my character features in a huge set piece with Hugh and Liev [Schreiber]. I think the best thing I can tell you is that it's a flashback scene.

^ Nice. that's the most confirmed info we got regarding the reshoots in Van.

I'm also wondering why they would make his Beak if he has electricity powers...something's not right here...

^ Nice. that's the most confirmed info we got regarding the reshoots in Van.

I'm also wondering why they would make his Beak if he has electricity powers...something's not right here...

It sounds like he started as Beak and over the course of rewrites or something he became something else entirely.

It sounds like he started as Beak and over the course of rewrites or something he became something else entirely.

Hope that's true.

This was the same case with for Kelly Hu's Lady Deathstrike (from Anne Reynolds) and Omahyra's Arclight (from Stacy X).

So, they're adding new scenes too, that sounds great :up:

Well, in at least one draft of the script, there was a scene with Beak in bird form ... at a circus, so maybe Stryker does something to them that makes them change more into their comic alter egos.

What was that Xavier said in the first movie "Experimentation on mutants, its not unheard of"

It'd be a nice shout out if Stryker actually used a variation of that exact line.

-TNC

Featured article on Yahoo: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/need-to-know-wolverine.html

Dominic Monaghan plays Bolt, who manipulates energy, and will.i.am has his acting debut as the teleporting Wraith. One face you know but won't recognize is Kevin Durand, who was the evil soldier Keamy on "Lost" last season. He is unrecognizable under piles of makeup as the immovable villain, The Blob (but you'll see him in flashbacks).

So . . . "Bolt"?

I'm afraid I don't know who this is, comic-wise.

Still, if this is true, it makes more sense than Beak.

Interesting that the Blob's scene in the congo is pointed out as a flashback!

Reposting this here:

HA! I knew they were gonna pull an "Anne Reynolds" on us and change Dominic's role!

Im not familiar with a Bolt character but a quick google search says that Bolt is essentially Maverick II :huh:

Didn't think I could be even MORE indifferent to Dominic's role in this movie. *ugh*:o

Reposting this here:

Im not familiar with a Bolt character but a quick google search says that Bolt is essentially Maverick II :huh:

Look for the name Chris Bradley. It's a mutant kid who's debut was showcased in X-Men Unlimited. He could control electricity and had the legacy virus. Maverick became his mentor for a while so they developed a very close friendship. When Maverick was presumed dead Chris started dressing up in Maverick's old armor to honor his memory. He ended up being killed by the same Maverick under his Agent Zero persona, the 2 of them not knowing who they really were.

Aaah, now I remember him. Might as well just call the character Chris Bradley then. I like the character. Maybe he'll be sort of Maverick/Agent Zero's protege in this.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b100884_dominic_tells_all_about_hughrsquos.html

Dominic Tells All About Hugh’s Naked Bod!
Sun., Feb. 22, 2009 8:02 AM PST by Ted Casablanca

So did you get a good look at Hugh's bod during filming? He looks naked in every preview.
There would be scenes that he would just have to be! Just [Hugh] in his underwear. You can't really help but check him out.

Did you like what you saw? Is his "sexy" title well deserved?
He actually is the sexiest man alive, and that's coming from a heterosexual point of view. He's the finest specimen of a male human I've ever seen in my life! I kept checking him out, and I was like, what is this muscle? How did that happen?

OK, then!

If we've learned anything from this chat it's that you can count on us to purchase our Wolverine tickets in May. What better promotion is there than "Hugh Jackman" and "underwear" in one sentence? Still think Jack-doll would score much better Oscar ratings too if he showed a little bit of skin. Humble, shmumble.

Who was conducting that interview? Joan Rivers? Or one of the girls here at the hype? :p

Off screen moments of Hugh just hanging about in his undies? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"