The Official Dominic Monaghan/Bolt Discussion Thread

Look for the name Chris Bradley. It's a mutant kid who's debut was showcased in X-Men Unlimited. He could control electricity and had the legacy virus. Maverick became his mentor for a while so they developed a very close friendship. When Maverick was presumed dead Chris started dressing up in Maverick's old armor to honor his memory. He ended up being killed by the same Maverick under his Agent Zero persona, the 2 of them not knowing who they really were.

But that was in an alternate future, right?

Nope. That was in regular continuity.

I thought that particular event happened in Days of Future Now, which was an alternate future extending from the last Weapon X series

edit- i just thumbed through Days of Future Now and I seem to be wrong. So Never mind

Last edited:
Who was conducting that interview? Joan Rivers? Or one of the girls here at the hype? :p

The author of that article, Ted Casablanca, is the resident male "diva" at E! and E! Online, and dishes all kinds of gossip and innuendos about stars.

Look for the name Chris Bradley. It's a mutant kid who's debut was showcased in X-Men Unlimited. He could control electricity and had the legacy virus. Maverick became his mentor for a while so they developed a very close friendship. When Maverick was presumed dead Chris started dressing up in Maverick's old armor to honor his memory. He ended up being killed by the same Maverick under his Agent Zero persona, the 2 of them not knowing who they really were.

I know!!! :p I read the link (the one i posted) :D

and is it sad that I know who Ted Casablanca is? He even has the signature lisp :oldrazz:

New movie title:

X-Men Origins: Everybody .... also WOLVERINE for some odd reason...

Bryan! Where are you?

I bet the Magneto movie will be the exact opposite with just him and Xavier playing chess and talking about philosophical and meta-physical concepts...
MARVEL's 7th Seal...

New movie title:

X-Men Origins: Everybody .... also WOLVERINE for some odd reason...

Bryan! Where are you?

I bet the Magneto movie will be the exact opposite with just him and Xavier playing chess and talking about philosophical and meta-physical concepts...
MARVEL's 7th Seal...
:rolleyes:

It's still half the number of characters from X3.

We should be happy about THAT. :mad:

Dominic Monaghan isn't get much love from the promotional department is he? What Gives?:huh:

Here's an excerpt from an interview he did with a magazine for people who have a serious tattoo fetish...Ink Magazine.:p

Next up, you appear in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. According to fan rumor, you're playing a character called Beak- No, actually. Everyone thinks I am, but I play a character called Barnell. He can control electricity.

Ah, so not the scrawny bird man. The Beak thing was everywhere, yeah, but I keep saying, "No, that's not me." The first person who puts it in a magazine correctly will be the first person to get it right. I think he may be a combination of several characters that have appeared in the comic books.

Were you, or are you, a big comic book fan? Yeah, I got into comics through becoming friends with Elijah Wood. In New Zealand, he and I would talk about comics. I was more into English comics and he was more into your classic American comics-your Batmans, your Spider-Mans, your Incredible Hulks. Since then I kind of got more interested in American comics. I obviously read a lot of Frank Miller stuff and Grant Morrison stuff … and Y: The Last Man and Sandman and Hellboy and stuff like that. I don't think X-Men was my favorite comic, but it was certainly one that I'd read and was interested in. I like the more pulp fiction type stuff-slightly crazy, weird stuff. I read a great Japanese horror comic called Spiral that was just really ****ing gnarly.

Lost. Lord of the Rings. Now the X-Men universe. Are there any geek boxes left to tick off? Dr. Who or Star Trek, maybe? Oh, man, I don't like Dr. Who at all. I think that's rubbish. It's real rubbish TV. I know a lot of people really like it, but I can't get over the really **** special effects and the hammy acting. I don't dig it at all. Star Trek? I'll go see it, obviously. J.J. Abrams is doing the new one and I'm a big fan of J.J.'s, so I'll go see that.
Source:http://www.inkedmag.com/articles/detail/172/q-a-with-dominic-monaghan/

So he still keeps Beak's real name in the movie but just has Bolt's powers.

Ressurecting this beacause NO ONES mentioned it yet...

Monaghan did a helleva job and was one of the more enjoyable things of the Wolverine movie. The scenes at the carnival were fantastic.

I liked him too! When he was in his place, and made the little train to stop and the go backwards, the way he moved his hand and fingers was SO Charlie (from Lost). I loved that, for some reason.

One of my friends muttered during his death "Poor Charlie"

I was more like, "Poor Merry"

Good actor with many memorable parts. This wasn't one of them

I thought Dom's one significant scene was well-acted by both he and Schreiber (possibly Schreiber's most menacing moment, actually); he kind of brought a hint of a world-weary sadness to Bradley.

Unfortunately a hint of character was all he got a chance to bring. He is a good actor. He just doesn't get a chance to show it very often.

I like how the chick at the Carnival freaks out like the dumb blonde she is...
She looks positively bewildered when she takes out the plug and the bulb doesn't go off...
:rolleyes: Um... batteries darling?

I also like how bored out of his skull Bradley looks sitting there switching the light on and off.

Poor shortchanged Dom :(.

He's getting a better deal than the other, more talented hobbit

Poor Pippin

I wish Bolt would have given the origin of Storm's famous one liner....

<Lagos, Africa>

Bolt: Hey there little girl... *It's wittle storm* Do you what happens when a toad is struck by lightning?

Dom was wasted here. :( He's such a good actor and yet he was hardly in this. I thought many things in this were rushed and I think he coulda used more fleshing out. What we did get from him was good, but he needed more time to really shine.

He's getting a better deal than the other, more talented hobbit

Poor Pippin
I think it's Merry.
I wish Bolt would have given the origin of Storm's famous one liner....

<Lagos, Africa>

Bolt: Hey there little girl... *It's wittle storm* Do you what happens when a toad is struck by lightning?
And oh my God, I hated that line. I mean, I loved X1 and Storm and everything, but that line really bugged me.
And... I miss Charlie :csad:

He didn't exactly light up the screen

har har

Amazing Lightbulb Man! With the powers of an electrician!

Monaghan did very well with the little he was given to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"