The Official Agent Zero Discussion Thread

that is a sweet maverick design, the guy on the right probably isn't him as agent zero though, he's a lot shorter, it's most likely a soldier or something

that is a sweet maverick design, the guy on the right probably isn't him as agent zero though, he's a lot shorter, it's most likely a soldier or something
That's what I thought, it was just a random Weapon X soldier. To be honest, I never even noticed that he was shorter - good spot. That would pretty much rule it being Agent Zero out.

He looks a lot like Ian Anthony Dale.

main1.jpg

-TNC

Just watched the Wolverine and the X-Men episode "Past Discretions" which features Rico and his daughter. Pretty good ep.

For some further Maverick / Agent Zero news, here's his look from the new Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon:
WolverineandtheX-Menline-up2.jpg

Count me in the happy about Maverick's costume design camp as well. Has X-23 shown up in the show yet?

So alot of people are upset about the way that Deadpool is being handled, but what about Maverick? Is he being done justice?

He's not German, no hi-tech armor or weapons, don't know if he has any powers,and will probably be killed off.

Is it even really Maverick? I thought that A-0 and Maverick where two different characters.

Cool choices tamron, though I never read the solo ongoing Maverick series, but that story with Maverick's brother was one I always wanted to read.

For some further Maverick / Agent Zero news, here's his look from the new Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon:
WolverineandtheX-Menline-up2.jpg

Obviously the second one is Maverick and the second from last one could be him in the Agent Zero alias. Excellent look for Maverick, incorporating all the cool elements from Jim Lee's costume but removing the 90's elements to produce a really sleek, cool design.

Everytime I look at the Weapon X soldier, I can't help but feel that he must be really worried about his crotch. :wow:

So alot of people are upset about the way that Deadpool is being handled, but what about Maverick? Is he being done justice?

He's not German, no hi-tech armor or weapons, don't know if he has any powers,and will probably be killed off.

I don't know enough about his movie incarnation so I'll just wait and see. It's not like any other character is getting their powers so let's just hope the powers of at least one of his identities remains intact.

Is it even really Maverick? I thought that A-0 and Maverick where two different characters.

Nnnope. Just two identities assumed by Christopher Nord.

Actually, there was a time Maverick and Agent Zero were two different characters.

When Nord was Agent Zero, he was thought dead by the world at large. Chris Bradley aka Bolt, a former protege of sorts to Nord, took up the Maverick armor and alias to avenge him.

Nord [as Zero] ended up killing Bradley [as Maverick] thinking Bradley was trying to initate a terrorist attack both were trying to prevent.

I was thinking about that awhile back, Mavericks a pretty cool character in the comics. I have an X-Men issue where he's Hunting Sabertooh, it was a great book. But from the very begining when the all the movie promo stuff started coming out, it looked like they were gonna s#$% all over his character too, so I didn't even bother gettin excited about him in this.

But I just saw the updated website for the movie, they got voice and wallpapers for all the characters and I'm not gonna lie, lol Agent Zero got me kinda back in the mood for this movie. I'm reallllly lookin forward to seein him. He's lookin like a total f#$%in bad ass right now. It would also be kinda cool if this movie can pump some life back into the comic version of himself. But I'm excited to see him now, even though he's probably going to get f#$%ed over in the long run. I do kinda wish they got a different actor to play him, but makin him Asian looks like it's still gonna work.

What is Agent Zeros quote on the updated website?

Some cold s#$% like he serves no purpose other then to kill without prejudice. And that scene of him in the final preview where he spreads his wings with guns in hand and just sparks everyone around him, lol that scene got me kinda hard..

:hehe: Yea he does look like a bit of a bad man. I wonder how they interpret his powers in this?

:hehe: Yea he does look like a bit of a bad man. I wonder how they interpret his powers in this?

That's a good question, I havent seen or heard of him using his powers. I've read a couple descriptions of his character in the movie and all they would say is that he's a deadly marksman.

Yea maybe his ability is that he is highly accurate with guns or something. Like he can pull off the most ridiculous shots.

You'd be wrong in that assumption, Jack. My favorite Mav stories:

Maverick #1-12
I thought the series did a great job of developing a supporting cast and backstory for Mav, as well as further defining his character. I'd love to see some of the characters introduced here again (The Confessor, Isabel Ferguson, Ivan Pushkin).

Best Maverick moment: Maverick #2. A flashback to the origin of the Maverick handle.
David North and Logan, at this point still members of Team X, sit in a bar after a mission in which North literally dragged an injured Creed and Logan across the East German countryside to get them to an extraction point. At the border, he is cornered by his own brother, now a ruthless assassin, and his team. To save the lives of Creed and Logan, North guns down his blood.

Logan: I'm sorry about Andreas. I...I know he was your brother...
North: Andreas was slime. Like Ginetta. Both made fools of me. But never again! I've learned my lesson. Trust no one and you don't get hurt.
Logan: It also keeps you alone.
North: Suits me just fine...I don't need anyone.
Logan: A regular maverick, eh? Answer me this, then: If you really don't care about anyone but yourself -- Why defy orders and go to so much trouble to save me and Vic?
North: Dunno. Guess I'm just one big bundle of contradictions. Sound crazy?
Logan: Not at all, bub. Welcome to the human race.

Another Maverick moment: Maverick #3
407930140336mavericksupvf4.jpg

Wolverine Annual 1995
Plot: Despite suffering heavily from the Legacy Virus, Mav recruits Wolverine for a mission: Rescue Deadpool from a shady organization that kidnapped Wade to try to create a cure for the LV and sell it to the highest bidder.

One thing that's cool about Mav is that though he is a mutant, for the majority of his career, his powers have not been reliable at all. Still the guy is one of the best mercenaries in the Marvel uni. The guy can knuckle up and get the job done against all odds. This ish is a great example of that.

X-Men Unlimited #15
Plot: Maverick's big brother relationship with Chris Bradley (Bolt) is established in this issue.

^^
Straight Bad Ass...lol I love that s#$%.

Last edited:
It would also be kinda cool if this movie can pump some life back into the comic version of himself.

Agreed. I couldn't understand why they basically wrote him off as a chump post-M-Day (AFAIK, his last appearance was in Wolverine: Origins and Logan tracked him at a halfway house). The guy was a high-level merc for decades without powers. He never relied solely on them.

What I fear could happen is that they introduce a new Agent Zero to capitalize on the film, keeping North in limbo or worse.

Some info from that Spaced and Confused bloke. I think he is credible, it's up to you guys whether you wanna believe.

David North is never called Maverick, though he is referred to as A maverick at one point in the film.

Kind of reminds me of how Hulk and Abomination got their names in the movies.

He really does seem credible. Have a butchers at what he said about Blob in the Blob thread. That isn't really anything you could just pull out of your ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"