Supergirl Episode 3.11 "Fort Rozz" (SPOILERS)

Rather than mailing the passport, Kara could just fly it to Maggie, too.

Rather than mailing the passport, Kara could just fly it to Maggie, too.
In fairness, at this point Maggie might feel a little presumptuous asking Supergirl to be an errand girl for her sister's ex, lol.

Dear God Kara, why would you share your romance troubles with Livewire of all people?

Saw that coming from a mile away. Waste of an actress.

So I am wondering if Reigns powers are hardwired into her? Though how they would know to give her the same power set as a Kryptonian under a yellow run is questionable.

Well Reign is genetically engineered by an advanced race that knew of yellow sun's radiation effects on Kryptonians, so if designed to be a Worldkiller, they would have tried to duplicate those effects for use on other worlds.

Also, boo to killing Livewire.

raw

Fine with Livewire getting the shock treatment. While I never bought her as Kara's 'nemesis,' I suppose Kara will need a new one now. Plus, not that there was really much for her to do, though I imagine if she'd been more recurring and earned that nemesis moniker, she'd be more akin to, say, Malcolm Merlyn on Arrow.

But as is, doesn't seem like there was much more for her character arc.

For the most part this episode was really mediocre until the last 15mins when they went up against Reign. That was actually a damn good fight scene and Reign getting hit by a Psi blast was such a good acting scene.

Livewire was written to perfection and made for a good reoccurring character so Im pissed to see them kill her off but I guess when I look at her solely she had a good 4 episode arc. Certainly did more with her then Arrow has done with Black Siren over half a season.

Well Reign is genetically engineered by an advanced race that knew of yellow sun's radiation effects on Kryptonians, so if designed to be a Worldkiller, they would have tried to duplicate those effects for use on other worlds.

Also, boo to killing Livewire.

good point.

Yeah, I only JUST started enjoying Livewire in her appearance last season, so it's a shame to lose a character when right after I decided I liked her, but at the same time, her arc was basically done, so I'm ok with it.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Was hoping for more Kara/Imra interaction that wasn't about Mon-El, and I kinda wish we'd seen whatever Psi made Imra see when she hit her, but the unusual character dynamics made it fun nonetheless, imo.

Also wasn't a fan of Winn outsmarting Brainy - this would've been a great moment to show why Brainy's such an asset to the Legion, but whatever.

Odette's acting was great this ep, imo.

I didn't expect Brainiac 5 to be in this episode, but I got my wish in interacting with Winn.

I thought for sure Psi was going to betray the girls and that she was going to die. Instead it was Livewire.

Reign found out through her priestess that there are other Worldkillers. Now Supergirl found out through Fort Rozz's priestess there are other Worldkillers a as well. I see a race between them to find the other Worldkillers.

It was nice, but brief to see Sarah Douglas in this one. She passed the evil Kryptonian torch to Reign.

They had to make up for Supergirl being benched last week.

Alex babysitting Ruby was good and it lead to her finding out what's going on Sam. Looks like Alex may be the first to find out that Sam is Reign.

Forgot to mention, Sarah Douglas made the most of her 1 minute of screentime.

Also, I saw a scene in next week's promo with Guardian, Lena, Supergirl and Mon-El. If we don't get some awkward moment between Lena and Mon-El over that time they were forcibly betrothed (and oh hey, my best friend neglected to mention that her boyfriend/my former fiancé was back from space after I made the too toxic for him), I call foul, lol.

Totally enjoyed this ep. I love seeing Supergirl kick ass without the powers. And then it looks like next week we will see Kara with the powers flying...lol

The next episode doesn't look like it is as much filler as I thought it might be, hopefully I'm totally wrong and its another strong episode in this 4some...

Oh, and RIP Livewire....

Good epsiode, I liked the banter between Supergirl, Psi and Livewire, the relationship between Kara and the latter was nicely played and I'm sorry to see the demise of Liverwire, I feel there was a lot more they could have mined out of her dynamic with Supergirl.

The Ghost ship aspect was pretty cool and I'm curious as to why Kara only seemed to recall the Preistess saying Pestulance and Purity as the two world killers, but she also said there was one caled Power.

The Alex subplot with Ruby was simple fun and it was nice seeing the other side of Alex outside of the intense situations she is usually in. I also liked the competitive nerd dynamic between Winn and Brainy! :D

Reign continues to be one of the best vilains of any of the CW shows due to the dual storyline with Sam, the fact she is now realizing that she's losing time and memory and has told Alex is an interesting development, it's going to be a gut punch when they all find out who Reign is.

Heh! :D :hrt: :toth

No what I'm saying is this will be fine because it's an all female team up but lets see one of the shwos do an all male team up and see what the reaction is. That's my point. It's a double standard to praise one and bash the it her. It's irrelevant how many male team ups there be been on TV and Movies. Let's hit act like there's not been any female team ups before. I'm just tired of the hypocrisy in the industry and I'm sick of keeping my mouth shut about it.

If one of the shows did say Flash/Arrow/Black Lightning/Mon-El/Atom and left Supergirl and White Canary out I would be mad. but we are not there yet.

Reign is proving to be a threat when she defeated Supergirl, injured Alex, and now killed Livewire.

I wonder if this nerdy competitiveness between Brainiac 5 and Winn may cause Winn to eventually turn evil down the line.

Good Episode. I really enjoyed it .

Yeah, I'm sure the men of the 18th century were saying the same thing to their wives, daughters, nieces, etc.... Well, they might not have used the terminology of "rocket science".

And how about we actually, I don't know....come even close to semi, sort of, maybe having equality before you start crying reverse discrimination. Seriously.....that is laughable to ask me if twisting the other way is right? Hell I don't know....haven't seen that twist yet.

I really don’t appreciate the condescending tone because we disagree on something. Probably best that I don’t respond to you anymore as I see this reaction from you far too often when we disagree on this show and other topics.

I won’t even bother quoting your second post.

I’ll watch the episode hopefully tonight and post my thoughts later.

Last edited:
Of science and the Fake Science of Superheroes™… :sly:

* Not too surprising that the Legion spaceship would have “warp drive” capabilities and be able to go anywhere that the story demands - including a distant blue star. But in terms of Fort Rozz, I thought SG had simply pushed it into outer space (yes/no :huh:). So even if she had managed to accelerate it to near-lightspeed (an astonishing feat of strength!), it would take well over four years to reach red dwarf Proxima Centauri (and much longer to the nearest blue star).

* Speaking of blue stars, this is an astronomical detail that the Superman mythos actually gets mostly right (imagine that!:oldrazz:) Blue stars are hotter and more energetic than yellow stars (which, in turn, are hotter and more energetic than red stars). Consequently, a Kryptonian’s superpowers aren’t removed in a blue star environment - they’re even more enhanced.

Granted, the “Fort Rozz” narrative required two separate pretexts: SG had to be powerless and “no guys allowed.” So a blue star’s fictional effects were reconfigured to answer both needs. But quite apart from violating the mythology’s Fake Science™, this plot coincidence struck me as a tad too contrived. Seemed to me, there might have been a more plausible way to exclude the boys from this mission - therefore, the standard/canonical red star trope would have sufficed.

* Speaking of excluding the boys, not all sex differences are based on the XX/XY system. Birds and many reptiles (for example) use ZZ/ZW. So it’s possible that the dead male alien that the team discovered (especially since he was a reptilian looking fellow) would be unaffected by the blue star radiation. (Though, to be fair, perhaps he was just one of those unlucky reptiles with a Y chromosome. :cwink:)

Obviously, one doesn’t turn to Supergirl for accurate science. And the show is free to rewrite the mythology to suit its own purposes. But in this case, I found the aggregate of bad science and bad Fake Science™ (deviation from canon) to be conspicuous and distracting. I didn’t enjoy this episode.

I really don’t appreciate the condescending tone because we disagree on something. Probably best that I don’t respond to you anymore as I see this reaction from you far too often when we disagree on this show and other topics.

I won’t even bother quoting your second post.

I’ll watch the episode hopefully tonight and post my thoughts later.

You got a condescending tone back from me because what you stated was condescending as hell to women. It was far nicer than what I had going on in my head, I can assure you. But, to be honest, my posts were not meant to be condescending, if they came off that way, so be it....in reality they actually came from pure anger.

What we were disagreeing on, is far deeper than a tv series.

And yes, please, I would love to read your thoughts on the episode. I have no problem moving on from the discussion of yesterday.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the episode. Hope Livewire returns somehow.

I really liked Kara's chemistry with Livewire and wish they hadn't killed her off.

You got a condescending tone back from me because what you stated was condescending as hell to women. It was far nicer than what I had going on in my head, I can assure you. But, to be honest, my posts were not meant to be condescending, if they came off that way, so be it....in reality they actually came from pure anger.

What we were disagreeing on, is far deeper than a tv series.

And yes, please, I would love to read your thoughts on the episode. I have no problem moving on from the discussion of yesterday.

It really wasn’t, you just don’t like it because I don’t have the same opinion as you. Did I act condescending with you? No I didn’t so it was totally unnecessary the way you spoke back to me. I made my points very clear that I wasn’t even against an all female team up I just know if they did it with the men on this show there’s be things said about it. To me that’s a double standard and hypocrisy. I stand by what I said and I really think the way you responded was totally out of order tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"