Supergirl Episode 3.11 "Fort Rozz" (SPOILERS)

I don't see The Flash getting ripped apart because most of the superhero action/team up is male. So, you're points are wrong. The issue that an all female team up is something that you see as different is an issue.

"Equality will come" is a statement made from privelege.

I don't see The Flash getting ripped apart because most of the superhero action/team up is male. So, you're points are wrong. The issue that an all female team up is something that you see as different is an issue.

"Equality will come" is a statement made from privelege.

Both Iris and Caitlin have been major important part of the Flash since day one so you’re actually wrong.

Also why not read what I’m actually saying. I even said I don’t take issue with the all female team up. What I take issue with is when it gets praised for been that yet an all Male team up would get the opposite reaction.

Am I saying it won’t take work? No I’m not but I live in hope that it will come. What’s wrong with that?

Last edited:
Episode wasn’t bad but it was a step down from last weeks.

I can’t believe they killed off Livewire. Although tbh her arc has been leading to redemption so maybe it’s fitting.

Psi was as bland as last time, uninteresting is an understatement.

Sarah Douglas was wasted unfortunately. All that for a glorified cameo. She deserved better.

I’m liking Reign’s story more and more every week. Gonna be interesting to see what happens when Sam finds out she’s Reign.

I normally don’t care for the filler stuff but I didn’t mind the subplot with Alex this week.

Brainiac 5 is awesome, his and Winn’s back and forth was great.

This was definitely better than most of the episodes in the first half of the season and I enjoyed most of it. So a solid 7/10.

It really wasn’t, you just don’t like it because I don’t have the same opinion as you. Did I act condescending with you? No I didn’t so it was totally unnecessary the way you spoke back to me. I made my points very clear that I wasn’t even against an all female team up I just know if they did it with the men on this show there’s be things said about it. To me that’s a double standard and hypocrisy. I stand by what I said and I really think the way you responded was totally out of order tbh.

Telling ANY WOMAN, "it's not rocket science, equality will come" is either woefully ignorant or condescending....I went with condescending. Because I don't happen to think you are woefully ignorant.... And it was condescending....I simply wrote, what others were thinking.

If you don't think it was....that's fine. I promise I won't lose any sleep over it for sure. And I didn't....I said what I needed to say, and I'm chilled. :yay:

Lol that is a funny picture, can't wait for that scene. And her hair actually looks good!

Apparently creepy Krypton woman is played by the OG Ursa from Reeves Superman movies!
DTYNhPfV4AARBjt.jpg

Thanks! I new I recognized her, I just couldn't place her!

Good episode over all. A little clunky in parts, but I liked the interactions. I do wish they had Supergirl get a bit jokey with Livewire when she first went to recruit her. Also sad she's gone. I felt they could have done more with the character, although they would have had to bring her on more fully for that to play out. Would have liked to have seen her showing up more during the season, but...

Also wish her death scene hadn't been so cliched. Jumping in front of someone is one of the most used ways to die. I would have had her die after that arm wrestle with Reign.

Speaking of Reign, that was a great scene when Sam reemerged after Psi's attack. I half thought she was going to take the mask off in confusion. But her starting to realize that something is happening with her was really good too. Can't wait for them all to find out who she is.

Psi was damn good too, and I did like the little aside at the end between her and Supergirl.

The one thing I didn't like, as was noted previously, was Fort Rozz being so far away. Supergirl did just barely get it into orbit before she fell away, so there was nowhere near enough force to not only get to another star, but to even break Sol's gravity. I would have thought they would have put it at a Lagrange Point just for convenience, or maybe even in a decaying orbit around Earth for a later episode to deal with.

Last edited:
Telling ANY WOMAN, "it's not rocket science, equality will come" is either woefully ignorant or condescending....I went with condescending. Because I don't happen to think you are woefully ignorant.... And it was condescending....I simply wrote, what others were thinking.

If you don't think it was....that's fine. I promise I won't lose any sleep over it for sure. And I didn't....I said what I needed to say, and I'm chilled. :yay:

There's nothing wrong with an all girl team-up itself, but the way the show goes about trying to highlight "girl power" is just a disgrace and an insult to all people..whether it be females, males, people with IQ's higher than 80. The entire show needs to be revamped with new writers and directors.

They're insulting women by thinking that it needs to be explicitly pointed out how women are great throughout the show. Is that because women need our charity? Why can't they just make a normal TV show and focus on giving a good plot and story line?

If they want to express equality, then treat it like you would any other show that has a male lead. They're acting like it's "special" for Supergirl to be a hero since she's a female. So they need to go out of their way to have solar systems where males can't survive or having Cat Grant be some sort of genius guru or go out of their way to express that Supergirl's stronger than Superman or Livewire saying how men are weak/stink. It's just cringe worthy.

There's nothing wrong with an all girl team-up itself, but the way the show goes about trying to highlight "girl power" is just a disgrace and an insult to all people..whether it be females, males, people with IQ's higher than 80. The entire show needs to be revamped with new writers and directors.

They're insulting women by thinking that it needs to be explicitly pointed out how women are great throughout the show. Is that because women need our charity? Why can't they just make a normal TV show and focus on giving a good plot and story line?

If they want to express equality, then treat it like you would any other show that has a male lead. They're acting like it's "special" for Supergirl to be a hero since she's a female. So they need to go out of their way to have solar systems where males can't survive or having Cat Grant be some sort of genius guru or go out of their way to express that Supergirl's stronger than Superman or Livewire saying how men are weak/stink. It's just cringe worthy.

I agree with all this, This is my issue, its like they over compensate which to me just further highlights the issue.

It’s like this episode the blue star was fatal to Men. Why not just have it so Supergirl needed those particular characters for their skill set. That would have been much better writing than that lame excuse. This is my issue with Supergirl, they point it out. They make it a thing. They should take a page out of Wonder Woman's book. Wonder Woman didn't go out of its way to get girl power messages across it to highlight that she was even a Woman.

I don’t think saying equality will come is ignorant or condescending. It’s about hope that one day it will come but it has to go both ways. Don’t just flip the problem the other way around which is what I’ve seen a lot of recently.

I apologise for the rocket science comment I feel that you were just picking out bits of what I was saying instead of reading the points as a whole.

I still don’t feel like I’ve said anything wrong though. I stand by my points if we want equality it’s not gonna solve the issue by flipping it the other way. All it’s gonna do is create more issues.

Last edited:
I agree with all this, This is my issue, its like they over compensate which to me just further highlights the issue.

It’s like this episode the blue star was fatal to Men. Why not just have it so Supergirl needed those particular characters for their skill set. That would have been much better writing than that lame excuse. This is my issue with Supergirl, they point it out. They make it a thing. They should take a page out of Wonder Woman's book. Wonder Woman didn't go out of its way to get girl power messages across it to highlight that she was even a Woman.

I don’t think saying equality will come is ignorant or condescending. It’s about hope that one day it will come but it has to go both ways. Don’t just flip the problem the other way around which is what I’ve seen a lot of recently.

I apologise for the rocket science comment I feel that you were just picking out bits of what I was saying instead of reading the points as a whole.

I still don’t feel like I’ve said anything wrong though. I stand by my points if we want equality it’s not gonna solve the issue by flipping it the other way. All it’s gonna do is create more issues.

I don't know if they were necessarily making it a thing and trying to emphasise girl power. It may have simply been that it was a lame excuse and a quick reason to explain why it had to be an all-girl team. It may not have been that they had any agenda.

It's easy to read things more into the series, whether it's to do with politics or gender equality, if you're expecting to find it there already. You'll see it even in the tiniest of details and will read between the lines. I wasn't thinking about any of that when watching the episode but just enjoying it for what it was - an all-girl team up - so it didn't seem to me at all that it was making it a thing and trying to highlight girl power.

One could argue that if it were simply to do with a skill set, then Supergirl could potentially have found others who were male with a very particular set of skills - skills they have acquired over a very long career.

I do wish we had all the girls fighting Reign. We barely saw them all in action at the same time. I thought this is what the episode was being billed as. I hoped it would be like the equivalent of these crossovers but on a smaller scale.

Or like when there was the all-male team up of Clark, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Cyborg and Impulse in Smallville. That had them all in action at the end, showing them as a team together. Sure, it was cheesy, especially with them all walking away in slow motion side by side. But that's what I hoped it would be here with these ladies.

Instead, they took Saturn Girl and Psi out of the action for a while, and then left Saturn Girl out of it entirely at the end. I wanted all four of them teaming up.

I also thought that Reign was going to remove her mask when Psi did her fear trick on her. How come Kara didn't recognise her voice when Sam wondered where she was?

And I would've liked to have seen what scared Saturn Girl. Maybe it could've been a fear that Mon-El would eventually leave her for Kara now that he was back in the 21st century?

I don't know if they were necessarily making it a thing and trying to emphasise girl power. It may have simply been that it was a lame excuse and a quick reason to explain why it had to be an all-girl team. It may not have been that they had any agenda.

It's easy to read things more into the series, whether it's to do with politics or gender equality, if you're expecting to find it there already. You'll see it even in the tiniest of details and will read between the lines. I wasn't thinking about any of that when watching the episode but just enjoying it for what it was - an all-girl team up - so it didn't seem to me at all that it was making it a thing and trying to highlight girl power.

One could argue that if it were simply to do with a skill set, then Supergirl could potentially have found others who were male with a very particular set of skills - skills they have acquired over a very long career.

I do wish we had all the girls fighting Reign. We barely saw them all in action at the same time. I thought this is what the episode was being billed as. I hoped it would be like the equivalent of these crossovers but on a smaller scale.

Or like when there was the all-male team up of Clark, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Cyborg and Impulse in Smallville. That had them all in action at the end, showing them as a team together. Sure, it was cheesy, especially with them all walking away in slow motion side by side. But that's what I hoped it would be here with these ladies.

Instead, they took Saturn Girl and Psi out of the action for a while, and then left Saturn Girl out of it entirely at the end. I wanted all four of them teaming up.

I also thought that Reign was going to remove her mask when Psi did her fear trick on her. How come Kara didn't recognise her voice when Sam wondered where she was?

And I would've liked to have seen what scared Saturn Girl. Maybe it could've been a fear that Mon-El would eventually leave her for Kara now that he was back in the 21st century?

I had no issue with the way the female team up was handled in terms of the way it was done. But the reasoning just from a writing standpoint of keeping all the males at Home was poor. The way it was handled was alright to me, and on the Smallville JL Chloe was very much the Oracle in that team up same as Brainiac 5/Winn did here.

Loved this rag tag team of women. It's like Firefly with a crew of women, lol. Makes me want to see an episode to see an alternative universe where Kara is more hardened, leading a rag tag team of bad girls reluctantly doing good on a homeless Kryptonian Spaceship running from a Galactic militia trying to stay off the radar, while getting into trouble because of SG's need to do good.

Can't believe they just killed of LiveWire, just when I started to really like her. Really loved her and Kara's dynamic. So refreshing from her normal relationship with all the other characters on the show. I'm really hoping Psi could become a frenemy. She was so much more interesting in this episode. A good character development for her and Livewire. Not so much for Saturn Girl. Kinda boring interaction with Kara.

Hey Whedon, is there a clone of you somewhere?

Was anyone else annoyed at how little they gave Sarah Douglas to do? Such a waste.

Yeah, I am, but I suppose it is no worse than what they did to Laura Vandervoort. I keep hoping they will bring her back as Power Girl or the Golden Glider of earth 2.

Laura Vandervoort had more of a role than Sarah Douglas. Her role wasn't over within a couple of minutes.

They need to get Nicolle Tom in for a cameo. She did the voice of Supergirl in the Justice League cartoon.

Yeah, I only JUST started enjoying Livewire in her appearance last season, so it's a shame to lose a character when right after I decided I liked her, but at the same time, her arc was basically done, so I'm ok with it.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Was hoping for more Kara/Imra interaction that wasn't about Mon-El, and I kinda wish we'd seen whatever Psi made Imra see when she hit her, but the unusual character dynamics made it fun nonetheless, imo.

Also wasn't a fan of Winn outsmarting Brainy - this would've been a great moment to show why Brainy's such an asset to the Legion, but whatever.

Odette's acting was great this ep, imo.

:up:

I think this episode was a great opportunity for them to develop Imra as a character and have her and SG develop an interaction that is meaningful and beyond Mon EL. However, they dropped the ball by keeping the two apart for most of the episode. Weird considering the episode begins by emphasising the conflict between their two characters.

When Imra gets attacked by Psi, they could have shown us what scared her so. They could also have had shown Kara and Imra connect over their fears and talk about it and Kara helping her through it. Both would have helped establish her character more. Livewire didn't need so much development as Imra did. May be they utilised her more because she is a fan favourite (?) or because they wanted her sacrifice to have some emotional meaning and make everything harder for Kara; but still...

As it is, given the priestess' line about everyone having darkness within, I am wondering if Imra goes "evil" at some point.

Braniac 5. I don't think they have established him and his strengths and value to the team as a character enough for him to suffer at the hands of Winn so. They should have started by working together and Braniac showing off his strength in a couple of episodes before Winn getting this kind of promotion. As it is, this makes both Brainiac and Legion looks incompetent. I liked his expression when Winn got praise from J'onn and Mon El, but otherwise didn't like the entire plot.

And Mon El. While the last scene was okay (I felt what he said about Livewire was such an Alex thing to say.. they should make a place for him that is hiw own... but whatever), the comment to Livewire looked plain delusional or idiotic. Why oh why do the writers make it so hard to like him and root for him? What was the point of giving him that stupid line?

You can be sure that a lot of people--especially critiques of Mon El--would have noticed it. I am starting to feel sorry for Chris.

The Reign-Kara scenes and Sam-Alex scenes were great; first time I actually felt sorry for Sam.

And even Alex-Ruby scenes were entertaining and Alex was in character (which was my major complaint last season with Maggie). I am still not seeing the Alex as a mom thing, especially for Ruby. Also, first time, I liked Ruby.

The initial Danvers sisters scene and banter was my favourite part of the episode (other than may be Kara's first talk with Livewire and her talk with Reign--especially when she calls out to her after Sam comes to).

I like Psi well enough but she had barely any character development. Both her and Imra were sacrificed for Livewire... and the Winn-Brainy conflict where Mon El is the mature one*. So... didn't feel like much of a ladies' team to me.

I hope Kara doesn't take the lesson from talk with Mon El that Reign cannot be reached; no matter the result with Rhea.

And.. oh yeah. I agree with Dr. When they talked about blue star, I thought okay Supergirl would have more powers there because Red Sun< Yellow Sun < Blue Sun but lo, that is not the case (and I have no comic history). And...All males across the universe have Y chromosomes? How strangely uniform for a very diverse place. Writers... do your research.

I think a major problem with episode that it lacked the pauses/connective tissue that would make the moments breathe and settle in. They were jumping from scene to scene so fast I couldn't keep up. I would liked how Kara came to the decision to approach Livewire and Psi. I'd have liked to see the impact of Imra's fears. I'd have liked to see some reflection on what the priestess said. I'd have liked some superfamily time (Kara-Alex-J'onn) on that.

Last edited:
Why did Psi even do that to Imra? It didn’t really make sense to me, especially in the moment that it happened.

Why did Psi even do that to Imra? It didn’t really make sense to me, especially in the moment that it happened.

I think the idea was that she couldn't control her powers, which then led to her being grounded back at the ship.

I'd really like an episode that focuses on Imra more as an individual than just as part of a couple or the Legion.

I agree this could've been an episode to do it in, and to show her fears, and to allow her and Kara to bond over that.

Maybe the writers don't want there to be too much interaction between Kara and Imra in case Tumblr fans start wanting those two to get together and dump Mon-El instead! :o

I think the idea was that she couldn't control her powers, which then led to her being grounded back at the ship.

I'd really like an episode that focuses on Imra more as an individual than just as part of a couple or the Legion.

I agree this could've been an episode to do it in, and to show her fears, and to allow her and Kara to bond over that.

Maybe the writers don't want there to be too much interaction between Kara and Imra in case Tumblr fans start wanting those two to get together and dump Mon-El instead! :o

AH I see I was confused at the time. Cause I was thinking he was going to try to escape but kept thinking but dumb to attempt to escape in space lol. Thanks for clearing that up for me :up:

I am pretty sure that ship has sailed. People are probably writing Imra-Psi fanfiction right now :woot: (it is fun! :cwink: Well, as long as it doesn't include harassment of any form or direct interaction with showrunners/writers/actors/crew and any demand to change show canon). Kara already has her set of ships, so adding to that seems like a no go; major fandom wars can happen.:sly:

Last edited:
Disappointed that Livewire was killed off. Same with the use of Sarah Douglas. I wonder if they tried to get her to be that lady who talks to Reign all the time.

The Psi stuff seemed to happen for the sake of drama. I mean, she was knocked on the head, no?

False. Game of Thrones, a show both with strong male and female viewership numbers, just did that at the end of last season, with a "Magnificent Seven"-like assembly of badass characters from various plotlines and allegiances banding together to accomplish a seemingly impossible mission, and not a female in sight, despite the many kickass women on that show. And no one batted an eye or made a fuss. Why? Because, sadly, we're used to it. Y'all could stand to get a little used to it too, imo.
Thats not true. A female did join that battle and was the one that ended up saving the day.

Thats not true. A female did join that battle and was the one that ended up saving the day.
Not until the following episode. No one batted an eye when those men banded together for this mission. She wasn't a part of the team, and there was no outcry of "where are the women?"

Last edited:
Not until the following episode. No one batted an eye when those men banded together for this mission. She wasn't a part of it, and there was no outcry of "where are the women?"

But she was. She was intentionally kept away so she could get that glorious moment where she saved the day and those men.. It wouldnt have had the same impact had she gone with them at the beginning

And no one batted an eye? Context. The ONLY woman on the show that would have been fit for said mission was Brienne and she was involved in another storyline. People didnt complain about women not being in that mission bc no one expected women to go on that mission. I dont think your comparison really holds up. Its really apples to bananas here

We'll just have to agree to disagree. BH/HHH said if another show assembled a badass team with no women, people would complain. Yet GoT did exactly that, and no one complained, BEFORE the episode aired where Dany would swoop and save them. And they wouldn't have complained if they had survived the mission without her, anyway.

No one complains about badass teams with no women because it's perfectly normal. Which is the point.

Last edited:
We'll just have to agree to disagree. BH/HHH said if another show assembled a badass team with no women, people would complain. Yet GoT did exactly that, and no one complained, BEFORE the episode aired where Dany would swoop and save them. And they wouldn't have complained if they had survived the mission without her, anyway.

No one complains about badass teams with no women because it's perfectly normal. Which is the point.

GoT is a completely different show which has principles based in olden times. Its not built around warrior women. They tend to be prim and proper. Brienne was an exception. Who else was supposed to go on that mission; Sansa? Missandei? Would have made no sense. The plan was stupid as was but would have been even more illogical to include the women. Speaking of which, having no women was the least of that episode's complaints. It was dumb from jump

People complained about Supergirl here bc it made no sense why Mon-El wasnt included but the writers had to come up witha nonsensical reason why he wasnt there. GoT didnt have to do that

Well I'm not about to start debating GoT logic here, so again, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I had no problem with their reasoning here and heard very few quibbles about it except from a select few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"