Episode 6: For All Time. Always. (Spoiler Discussion)

Jonathan Majors will be the new Stan Lee cameo and appear in every Marvel movie in a minor role as a different Kang. Kang the carnie. Kang the banker. Kang the coroner.

But that's so predictable, even with the kiss they did, you knew she was going to still stab him and have her way. It's just they could've done something much more than just state the obvious. This compels me to want to watch what happens next in Doctor Strange and Quantumania, not really caring about the Lokis.

Sorry bro but this episode was a misfire.
The Lokis are predictable. That's kind of the point. The turn is who did the backstabbing in this case. Also this is clearly at least the halfway point and thus concluding with a different ending doesn't really make sense. I get people not liking it, or anything really, but I don't see how this is a misfire considering the conclusion makes perfect sense considering the weeks of setup. It was the ending of the Dark Tower. Considering this adventure was very much The Dark Tower, it makes sense to me.

Well, that was kind of predictable. It hit a lot of sci fi tropes, which isn't a bad thing.

A Loki betraying someone who loves them is par for the course but Sylvie was being insanely one track mind about stabbing HWR which was very in character but also frustrating since if they *had* talked for 2 minutes they might have come up with something both of them liked.

I though Majors basically saved the ep with his performance because it could very easily have died completely as a set up for next season and a lot of the movies if he hadn't sold HWR (or Kang) as crazy, menacing and in some ways sincere.

So Ravonna is the kind of person who doesn't even care if it's all a lie she doubles down because she doesn't want to admit to being a pawn in a game. I don't think either her or Mobius were right (although Mobius was more right than her just too idealistic about the consequences) just like neither Sylvie or Loki were completely right and now everything is FURBAR.

I mean they managed to end a show or movie without a sky battle so that's something!

To be frank, I didn't much like this version of Kang. Majors acted and sounded like a smart-ass from the hood. At times I thought I was watching a Spike Lee movie. Let's hope that next time he appears he acts like an actual villain, menacing and solemn.

Hollywood Reporter says that Loki may appear in Multiverse Of Madness(which makes sense).

‘Loki’ Renewed for Season 2 at Disney+
That push continued Wednesday with the Loki finale. Without getting into spoilers (we’ll leave that to our Heat Vision colleagues), the Loki finale set the stage for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Hiddleston’s Loki character is also expected to also appear in the next Dr. Strange. (Marvel has yet to confirm whether or not that’s happening.)

To be frank, I didn't much like this version of Kang. Majors acted and sounded like a smart-ass from the hood. At times I thought I was watching a Spike Lee movie. Let's hope that next time he appears he acts like an actual villain, menacing and solemn.
hmrPlmK.gif

Thinking about Ant-Man 3. Could we see Mr. Gryphon in that one, new owner of Stark tower?

I mean... there are a lot of villains that aren't solemn. The titular character wasn't solemn in his turns as a villain, and arguably the genre's most popular villain, The Joker, is... not exactly a solemn guy.

I mean... there are a lot of villains that aren't solemn. The titular character wasn't solemn in his turns as a villain, and arguably the genre's most popular villain, The Joker, is... not exactly a solemn guy.

That's true but Kang isn't going around with a giant horned helmet or with clown make up.
Imagine how ridiculous would have been if Thanos or Red Skull acted like the Kang variant we just saw.

Why are people calling him Kang? Kang is just a variant among millions. Technically, we haven't been introduced to the character yet.
Exactly. And I think Marvel made a mistake by announcing Majors as Kang for Ant-Man 3. Imagine not knowing for sure who the guy in the castle was. People would speculate rather than just assume it is Kang because it is Jonathan Majors. Kang, I think, is the variant statue we saw at the end, not the the guy in the castle.

This is an incredibly weird take. Like....what? What show were you watching lol?

Not every villain needs to be solemn and menacing especially after we just had Thanos. It would be boring if every major MCU villain had the same characterization.

Also, This wasn't Kang. He wasn't an evil variant per say. He warned the two Loki's that his others are coming and some are undeniably, and unquestionably evil. Kang is one of those.

Well you will never have an episode of anything that will have more stakes than this!

I’m ok with most of the episode not tying up lose ends since there will be a season 2, I’m guessing 2023?

So we still don’t know what the “King Loki in Asgard” footage is all about. I wonder if it was actually part of Sylvie’s nexus event.

I was talking to my brother yesterday and boy did I nail who was in the Citidel and what their motivation was. Man I am good!

So we still don’t know what the “King Loki in Asgard” footage is all about. I wonder if it was actually part of Sylvie’s nexus event.

Or the shot where Loki is in Avengers tower, looks himself in the mirror and says "glorious". I wonder if these scenes were left on the cutting room floor or will be used in season two.

P.S. Remember also that photo of Loki out of a movie theater showing "Jaws"? What the heck was that about?

I bought into the "it's another Loki" theory but I'm glad I'm wrong.

I didn't write it off, but there was just too much Kang. Now, the part I got wrong was I thought the variant Kang we would see would be He Who Remains but also called Immortus. I got that Immortus part wrong....kind of. He had a costume that evoked Inmortus and Immortus likewise was afraid of other Kang's, so he kind of had some similarities to him. But yeah, nailed that he was trying to stop other Kangs and that he was going to be known also as He Who Remains. I like how they combined several time travel concepts into a more streamlined idea here

Well I’ll eat crow and admit I didn’t think they’d actually introduce Kang in the finale.

That's true but Kang isn't going around with a giant horned helmet or with clown make up.
Imagine how ridiculous would have been if Thanos or Red Skull acted like the Kang variant we just saw.
No, he goes around looking like a Doctor Who villain, with a giant TV for a head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"