Eternals at the Box Office

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by psylockolussus, Aug 14, 2019.

1. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

No one is turning you into a villain and no one is asking to change your opinions. As far as I know, I stay on topic and you are constantly making it about you.

Anyway, I'll stop responding to your posts in this thread as you already derailed this thread by making it about you.

2. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Wait.......what?! :huh:
    But I agree. I won't respond to you any more.

3. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I'm hoping this would be one of the more serious mcu movies. The comedy of mcu is mostly came across as flat and corny.

4. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

I wouldn't pin any hopes on the X-Men of FF just yet. I get the feeling the X-Men in particular may be polarizing and controversial among the fandom as Marvel gets more 'woke' going forward. See Star Wars, Captain Marvel, Birds of Prey. In other words, the MCU X-Men (if they use Men in the title) may be as unrecognizable to some as the Fox-Men are (obvious degrees of relevancy apply.) I'm looking forward to the unknown franchises over the popular ones for this very reason. Less controversy. They have a much cleaner slate and much less expectations to surprise us all.

The box office for every franchise will seemingly under perform going forward as long as the coronavirus gets worse and isn't contained.

#29 Kuwolski, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  5. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Hmm. I think in the films We'll likely get Shang Chi, Eternals and Blade as the brand new faces but after that it's probably the time for the mutants and the first family to join the party. Unless somehow, they upgrade Hawkeye, She Hulk and Moon Knight to a theaterical release.

6. bubbadoom Registered

I wonder if ETERNALS will be moved to May - which would help its box office I should think. I am worried that less than ten months will not be enough time to do SHANG CHI justice - since little if any work had been done on it prior to the shut down - so I could see the entire calendar shifting once again.
    Of course I guess worst case would be BLACK WIDOW not coming out in Nov 2020 and then it taking back its May spot in 2021...

7. WatchProtect Registered

If Widow is delayed it should only go to February in which case Eternals would take May

8. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Anyone else think it won't be released in China due to the director?

9. samsnee Ok

Possible. F China anyways