Everyone here is PRO-Muslim and ANTI-Every other religion

In America 45% of the people support equal marriag erights for straights and gays. I wonder what that statistic is in the middle east?

In America most schools teach their students the scientific theory with scientific evidence as to how the human race came into existence. Evolution.

I wonder how many schools in the middle east teach their students about Evolution.

Spider-Bite said:
I don't think you even know what my opinion is. My opinion is that right now on average Christains are more accepting and tolerant of diverse cultures and lifestyles and creeds than Muslims are. my opinion is not that all muslims are bad people nor that all christains are bad people.

You want a fact? In Afghanistan a man was almost killed for being a Christain. Terrorists flew airplanes into buildings under the belief that they would be rewarded with 72 virgin sex slaves in heaven! <<Non are condoned by the Qur'an or Islam.

another fact? a friend of mine who grew up in the middle east now lives in Ameirca. He hates all forms of religion, and thinks they are dangrous to the survival of the human race. He knows for a fact in the middle east many people prey every day for the end of the world.

Like I said who put these people in power? Iran's Ayotollah's were supported by the US. So were the Taliban, who fought the war against the Solviets in the 70's-80's for the US. Saudi Arabia's kings are Bush's hunting buddies...or whatever they do on the weekend. This familiar?

bush_abdullah_holding_hands.jpg

There are bad people, it happens, and that's the way the world works. I believe we have religion to counter the horrible thing that we experience on this earth. It should give us peace, but there are some, on all sides of the fence that use it as a means of war, and gains. However, my religion teaches me that even if people turn away from G-d that he is omnipotent and merciful and oft-forgiving and loving that forgiveness is not unimaginable. People sin, but forgiveness is a trait that G-d has that is immeasurable.

Spider-Bite said:
the ongoing fued between muslims and christians has been going on since before any of us were born, and neither side can be blamed for starting it. The United States is definitely partly to blame for our current foreign relations problems. Decades of trying to boss the middle east around has put us in the middle of this Holy War.

If I were to walk down the streets of the middle east shouting I am an atheist, what would happen to me?

If I did that in America what would happen to me?

But none of what you just wrote reflects what you stated earlier:

Spider-Bite said:
My opinion is that right now on average Christains are more accepting and tolerant of diverse cultures and lifestyles and creeds than Muslims are.

In fact, your response has nothing to do with what I was commenting on, other than the fact that, if the Christians in the U.S. who have made all these decisions to boss the Middle East around for years were REALLY more accepting and tolerant of diverse cultures and lifestyles then they wouldn't have ever stuck their nose into the Middle East like they have over the decades in the first place.

jag

Spider-Bite said:
In America 45% of the people support equal marriag erights for straights and gays. I wonder what that statistic is in the middle east?

In America most schools teach their students the scientific theory with scientific evidence as to how the human race came into existence. Evolution.

I wonder how many schools in the middle east teach their students about Evolution.

You have to be kidding! Iraq was teaching Darwinism/ evolution since before the 1940's. I have my dad's Bio book (50's 2nd or 3rd ed.) should I scan it for you?

Also what schools are teaching evolution here in the US, because I don't remember that on my curriculum.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32444-2005Mar13.html
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/11/30/MNGVNA3PE11.DTL
http://www.nsta.org/positionstatement&psid=10

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4630737

Example:

Alabama: Biology textbooks in Alabama have included a disclaimer describing evolution as a "controversial theory" since 1996. The Board of Education adopted a softer disclaimer when they revised science guidelines in 2004, describing evolution as one of several scientific theories. But on Nov.10, 2005, the board voted to continue requiring the original disclaimer language.

Who's the intolerent one here?

Superman4ever said:
Like I said who put these people in power? Iran's Ayotollah's were supported by the US. So were the Taliban, who fought the war against the Solviets in the 70's-80's for the US. Saudi Arabia's kings are Bush's hunting buddies...or whatever they do on the weekend. This familiar?

bush_abdullah_holding_hands.jpg

There are bad people, it happens, and that's the way the world works. I believe we have religion to counter the horrible thing that we experience on this earth. It should give us peace, but there are some, on all sides of the fence that use it as a means of war, and gains. However, my religion teaches me that even if people turn away from G-d that he is omnipotent and merciful and oft-forgiving and loving that forgiveness is not unimaginable. People sin, but forgiveness is a trait that G-d has that is immeasurable.

Bush is a religous war extremist. I hate the man. I think he belongs in prison. The old testament of the bible is the same as the old testament in the Quran. The only difference in the religion is the post Jesus era. Jesus son of god verses jesus as a prophet and Muhhamed as a prophet. all the old testament stuff is the same in a different language.

Superman4ever said:
You have to be kidding! Iraq was teaching Darwinism/ evolution since before the 1940's. I have my dad's Bio book (50's 2nd or 3rd ed.) should I scan it for you?

Also what schools are teaching evolution here in the US, because I don't remember that on my curriculum.

Who's the intolerent one here?

wow. thank you. I did not know that, and I am surprised and I do find it interesting.

I don't know how old you are, but the majoirty of schools do teach evolution today, but not all of them.

Spider-Bite said:
The old testament of the bible is the same as the old testament in the Quran.

Uhhh dude, there is only one Qur'an. No Testaments, old or new.

Spider-Bite said:
wow. thank you. I did not know that, and I am surprised and I do find it interesting.

I don't know how old you are, but the majoirty of schools do teach evolution today, but not all of them.

Just turned 24! And I don't remember it. I'm a soon to be Med student, and am working on a PhD in cancer biology right now, and I took nearly every science class in HS, and I didn't learn about Evolution until I took the collage level Biology (bio 130), in my Senior year of HS, at U-Mich hear in Dearborn.

jaguarr said:
But none of what you just wrote reflects what you stated earlier:

In fact, your response has nothing to do with what I was commenting on, other than the fact that, if the Christians in the U.S. who have made all these decisions to boss the Middle East around for years were REALLY more accepting and tolerant of diverse cultures and lifestyles then they wouldn't have ever stuck their nose into the Middle East like they have over the decades in the first place.

jag

well yes but we began bossing them around a long time ago, and it was mostly over oil. I'm not saying that for the last 2000 years Christains have been peaceful. Heck Christain Crusaders wiped out the egyptains and all the priests so that now days we have to decode hyroglyphics because there was nobody left alive to translate them.

I'm saying that today. in today's world this is how it is. In America I have never met a sinlge person who thinks women should be forced to cover their faces in public. an incredibly small minority think women should not be allowed to go to college and stuff, but they are old, and their beliefs wont carry over to the next generation. they will be dead and gone in a few years.

here is what it comes down to. America is one of the most conseravtive and religous countries in the world. Americans are the christains extremists. Not all of us. It's really about half. but look at Europe. they are mostly christain and they are very LIberal. There are 2 billion christains in the world, and the 300 million Americans are the most religous. Yet we still have an awful lot of freedom.

you wont find any gay rights activists protesting in the middle east.

Superman4ever said:
Just turned 24! And I don't remember it. I'm a soon to be Med student, and am working on a PhD in cancer biology right now, and I took nearly every science class in HS, and I didn't learn about Evolution until I took the collage level Biology (bio 130), in my Senior year of HS, at U-Mich hear in Dearborn.

I'm 24 as well. I live in Wisconsin. I learned about it in 8th grade, then again in 12th grade gentics class. Most of what I learned about Evolution I learned on my own, because as a teenager I was obsessed with science. I do not think my school thouroughly educated our students about evolution at all. An hour a week for 3 months hardly covers billions of years of evolution.

Spider-Bite said:
you wont find any gay rights activists protesting in the middle east.

You sure about that? :) It's difficult for anyone who has not lived for an extended period of time in both cultures to say whether one is more tolerant than the other, IMHO.

jag

In America one of the most religous, conservative countries in the world there is no threat of civil war between the Christains and the Catholics and the Atheists. Heck I predict that within 50 years at least 20% of America's population will be atheist.

Catholics are christians, I know that wasnt your point but it annoys me when people leave Catholics out of the christian grouping seeing how 50% of the christian population is Catholic.

Spider-Bite said:
In America one of the most religous, conservative countries in the world there is no threat of civil war between the Christains and the Catholics and the Atheists. Heck I predict that within 50 years at least 20% of America's population will be atheist.

No, but there's a threat of civil war between those who have money and those who don't not to mention racial tensions. What's your point?

jag

jaguarr said:
No, but there's a threat of civil war between those who have money and those who don't not to mention racial tensions. What's your point?

jag

There is no threat of civil war. The federal government is way too strong for that to happen as of right now. Hopefully the republican's deficits wont weaken it to the point where it is possible.

In America there is no desire for a civil war.

Spider-Bite said:
In America there is no desire for a civil war.

You really need to branch out and explore our country and the people that are in it more then, if you believe this. Stop making such sweeping generalizations, man. It's what's gotten you into trouble over and over in this thread.

jag

I don't really feel that I am in trouble. Look man the truth is that in America I don't have to worry about my fellow american's or even little children strapping bombs to their chests and blowing up busses and restaurants and stuff.

a rescent poll showed that 40% of americans don't even believe Hell exists. I have the right to vote and believe what ever I want to belive unlike most of the middle east.

Hell a WOMAN is going to win a nomination for President of the United States and about 50% of the country is going to vote for her.

Spider-Bite said:
I don't really feel that I am in trouble. Look man the truth is that in America I don't have to worry about my fellow american's or even little children strapping bombs to their chests and blowing up busses and restaurants and stuff.

The Oklahoma City bombing incident would suggest otherwise.

jag

jaguarr said:
The Oklahoma City bombing incident would suggest otherwise.

jag

no it wouldn't. I knew somebody would mention that. that is an isolated incident. When it happens in the middle east it doesn't even surprise people. It's just everyday life there. It happens every single day. Where as your example happend once oever 10 years ago.

It's still a valid incident. Besides, people in the Middle East don't have to deal with drive by shootings from gang bangers or pot farmers shooting hikers because they got too close to their crops, or any other of a number of senseless acts of violence that occur in the U.S. on a daily basis. You're hellbent on believing what you want to, so I'm certainly not going to stand in your way.

jag

jaguarr said:
It's still a valid incident. Besides, people in the Middle East don't have to deal with drive by shootings from gang bangers or pot farmers shooting hikers because they got too close to their crops, or any other of a number of senseless acts of violence that occur in the U.S. on a daily basis. You're hellbent on believing what you want to, so I'm certainly not going to stand in your way.

jag

I wasn't debating the crime rate. I was saying that in today's world Christains are more Liberal than Muslims. It's just the way it is today. Iraq's population is very small compared to ours. I think it's like 16 million, while ours is 300 million. I don't have to worry about drive by shootings, or pot farmers shooting me either, and I did live in some pretty bad ghettos as a kid. Gangbangers shoot other gangbangers.

fine here let's end the debate right now. Who has more atheists? America or the entire middle east? Who's got more atheists? Who's got more Buddhists? Who? Then let's throw Europe into it?

Where all the world's holy sites? Where is the Garden of Eden?

As far as I'm concerned they are the same religion anyways. One one side we got ultra conservatives, and on the other side we got conservatives and LIberals.

Depends where you live in the Middle East really. UAE, Bahrain, Egypt is cool, Lebanon wasnt pretty good when I was out there really changed since the 80's, so it depends I guess.

Casually speaking

Spider-Bite said:
As far as I'm concerned they are the same religion anyways. One one side we got ultra conservatives, and on the other side we got conservatives and LIberals.

I really don't intend this to be a slam on you at all, because I think it's great that you're trying to understand things outside your immediate surroundings, but I don't think you know nearly as much about the Middle East and Islam as you'd like to think you do. You have a lot of preconceived notions and ideas about them that just aren't very accurate. Again, this is not meant to be a slam, even though you might take it that way.

jag

InsaneMembrane said:
Catholics are christians, I know that wasnt your point but it annoys me when people leave Catholics out of the christian grouping seeing how 50% of the christian population is Catholic.

I would've thought it'd be about 60-40 Catholic at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"