Everyone here is PRO-Muslim and ANTI-Every other religion

Abaddon said:
Well to my knowledge,Scientology is based on principles derived from analytical psychology.I almost got into that crap.

wait, so scientology is based on analytical psychology but they believe psychology is a psuedo-science? that's pretty hypocritical, right?

photojones2 said:
then maybe we should.

I wholeheartedly agree. If we can convince the rest of society of that, then we'll really have accompilshed something. I don't have very high hopes of that, though.

jag

Mentok said:
Its not that hard.

The definetion of a Religion was posted for Scientology, so I posted the definition of a Cult for Scientology.

I'd say that was appropriate, Mentok.

jag

Mentok said:
Its not that hard.

The definetion of a Religion was posted for Scientology, so I posted the definition of a Cult for Scientology.

i don't understand why. cult or no cult, scientology is still a religion. if people believe it, it's a religion.

now, as far as it being a cult, sure. it probably is. it probably uses the same techniques of conversion and brain-washing that every religion uses, whether it's christianity, judaism or islam. they can all be considered cults if you want to think in those terms.

photojones2 said:
i don't understand why. cult or no cult, scientology is still a religion. if people believe it, it's a religion.

now, as far as it being a cult, sure. it probably is. it probably uses the same techniques of conversion and brain-washing that every religion uses, whether it's christianity, judaism or islam. they can all be considered cults if you want to think in those terms.

A definition of religion was posted to support Scientology. I posted a definition of a cult because it also fits.

Im not trying to start anything, frankly Scientology dosent deserve the effort.

Spider-Bite said:
I meant what do they believe?

That an alien ruler named Xenu...oh, hell, just Google it or check out Wikipedia for it. the sci-fi author L. Ron Hubbard invented it as a goof and a way to make money. It's popular with a lot of celebrities.

jag

Spider-Bite said:
I meant what do they believe?
Its based on a book called Dianetics. The fundamental theory is that during birth we all possesses (I'm doing this from memory) a prememory. A memory of our past, as I understand Alien soul, life. Within that we have two sides of our brain, a rational and reactive...the reactive side (which would include things like anger, greed, lust, addiction) happens when a traumatic event of stimuli causes us to relive this prememory. The reliving of it is so sudden and jolting that we go into a reactive state. The purpose of scientology is to make the subject revisit and come to terms with this prememory, and from that transcend to some higher existence.

L Ron Hubard, the creator who labelled as a psuedo-scientist, challenged contemporary psychology to put his method of reliving (the n-gram) rememory to the test. He purposed a psyche-off, they never took up his offer.

Spider-Bite said:
sometimes people probably feel more threatened by Christianity because there are sucha big majority. at the same time we put higher stnadards on 'Christains because most of them in today's world are educated and they don't live hungry, starving, and oppressed in the desert. Now in rescent History Christianity has appeared less dangerous than Islam.

My personal opinion? Religion can be used like a gun. It can protect your family or feed a starving person. Or it can be used to kill people. Everybody picks and chooses which parts of the religion they follow and don't follow. Religion is merely used to justify bad acts so people can do them and not admit they are wrong. But being a member of a religion does not obligate you or force you into being a christain bigget or a muslim bigget or terrorist or conservative.

As a whole? I think Christains have acheived a lot more social progress than Muslims, but that's as far as it goes. Neither religion is better than the other. I don't know much about the values set forth by Muhhamed, the founder of Islam, but I approve of the Liberal direction for religion set forth by Jesus.

You're getting a lot (a LOT) of your facts screwed up here buddy. If you indicated during the 'Industrial period' I might have agreed, but you stating "as a whole" and that is completely false. Many, if not most, of the social progress that Christians made was a direct influence from Muslims. Prior to the crusades Europeans knew nothing of chivalry, which is an Arab/ Muslim code of conduct.

http://steppenreiter.de/royal_chivalry.htm

The European renaissance was due only to the Islamic renaissance in which Europeans were taught by Arab scholars and books. Mathematics, Astronomy, Biology, Medicine, Literature, etc. were all catalyzed by Muslims. Europeans didn't even know how to make paper before the Muslims. The hospitals that you see today, all over the world, where sick patients are quarantined from one another to prevent infection; where doctors wash their hands and surgical equipment is sterilized/ or cleaned before a procedure are Muslim innovations.

I could go on, and I wish I could, but I've got finals galore, however, for the moment your post has a lot on inaccurate facts that you are basing on misconceived opinion.

Here's a good source that gives you a broad idea of the rich history and influence Muslims have had...http://www.middleeastnews.com/intoarab101.html

Here's an excerpt from the Education section:

The Prophet Muhammad said "it is the duty of every Muslim man and woman to seek education," and under his influence, the Arabs were encouraged to pursue knowledge for its own sake....In the eleventh and twelfth centuries, as Arab influence spread to Spain, Sicily and the rest of Europe, Europeans became increasingly aware of Arab advancements in many fields, especially education and science. Books were translated from Arabic into Latin and, later, to vernacular language. European schools which had long limited learning to the "seven liberal arts" began to expand their curricula.
For some five hundred years, Arab learning and scholarship played a major role in the development of education in the West. The Arabs brought with them well-developed techniques in translation and research and opened new vistas in areas of medicine, the physical sciences and mathematics. Application of empiricism in all fields of study was rapidly incorporated into the learning system of those who became familiar with Arab methodology.
Long before the popularization of the phrase "transfer of technology," a term used to describe advanced expertise which developed nations offer to Third World countries; the Arabs shared their accumulated knowledge and institutions with the rest of the world.

What does it matter if they were muslims or christians? Unless their discoveries were found in the Qur'an or the Bible, these people's religions had nothing to do with their discoveries.

InsaneMembrane said:
What does it matter if they were muslims or christians? Unless their discoveries were found in the Qur'an or the Bible, these people's religions had nothing to do with their discoveries.

Most of the claims that people make that they found science from the Qu'ran is nothing more then stolen ideas/work. Alot of them are from the ancient Greeks which was pre-Qu'ran.

http://www.mukto-mona.com/Articles/avijit/Quran_miracle.htm

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/avijitroy/science_mirackes.htm

InsaneMembrane said:

Its an example and an acknowlegment of the contributions that a particular group of people made to the world.

The achievements of every group should be made known to society as a whole so that we can have an appreciation towards each other, rather than looking at a particular group as worthless with no meaningful history.

raybia said:
Its an example and an acknowlegment of the contributions that a particular group of people made to the world.

The achievements of every group should be made known to society as a whole so that we can have an appreciation towards each other, rather than looking at a particular group as worthless with no meaningful history.

If raybia had typed this tomorrow then he would be wrong, but since he did so today I can only say that he's absolutely correct. :up:

jag

You mean?

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/article350594.ece

http://www.1001inventions.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.viewSection&intSectionID=309

Thank you for proving my point! Actually the forum contains many people who actually agree that these inventions/ innovations ARE Islamic. You have the usual suspects on that site that will deny everything and give you un-provable and unaccredited facts. While EVERYthing on the Islamic Inventors site pertains to at least 1 historical document that can actually be seen, read and studied.

GaurdA your little game is getting a little silly at this point and it's rather pathetic. You left Islam! Great for you, may you live a peaceful, rich and blessed life as an agnostic, atheist, whatever you are, but you are spreading nothing but lies that have been proven FALSE time and time again, by not one but dozens and dozens of scholars and Islamic historian (Muslims and non-Muslims). You and your buddies at faith freedom base all of your rhetoric on misconceptions and blatant lies. You guys drag a fragment of a sentence out of its literal and historic contexts and claim it proves that the Prophet and Islam are violent. It's an unending cycle of deception and lies on that web-site created by atheist who claims every religion is wrong and that there is no G-d, and when given evidence that disproves their pathetic lies they simply deny it no matter how many sources are given.

You pathetic, grow up and move on!

GarudA said:
Well actually no, here is a thread you can read that debunks most of the so called Muslim inventions.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18360&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There are also threads that debunks the Jewish holocaust, so that fact on its own merit means nothing.

Both Eastern and Western Scholars in academia have long ago acknowledged the accomplishments of Muslims and the Arabs to the age of Enlightenment and to society.

Those who want to deny it as well as historical events like the holocaust are free to believe what they want. :up: :)

raybia said:
There are also threads that debunks the Jewish holocaust, so that fact on its own merit means nothing.

Both Eastern and Western Scholars in academia have long ago acknowledged the accomplishments of Muslims and the Arabs to the age of Enlightenment and to society.

Those who want to deny it as well as historical events like the holocaust are free to believe what they want. :up: :)

Yup! :up:

Superman4ever said:
You're getting a lot (a LOT) of your facts screwed up here buddy. If you indicated during the 'Industrial period' I might have agreed, but you stating "as a whole" and that is completely false. Many, if not most, of the social progress that Christians made was a direct influence from Muslims. Prior to the crusades Europeans knew nothing of chivalry, which is an Arab/ Muslim code of conduct.

http://steppenreiter.de/royal_chivalry.htm

The European renaissance was due only to the Islamic renaissance in which Europeans were taught by Arab scholars and books. Mathematics, Astronomy, Biology, Medicine, Literature, etc. were all catalyzed by Muslims. Europeans didn't even know how to make paper before the Muslims. The hospitals that you see today, all over the world, where sick patients are quarantined from one another to prevent infection; where doctors wash their hands and surgical equipment is sterilized/ or cleaned before a procedure are Muslim innovations.

I could go on, and I wish I could, but I've got finals galore, however, for the moment your post has a lot on inaccurate facts that you are basing on misconceived opinion.

Here's a good source that gives you a broad idea of the rich history and influence Muslims have had...http://www.middleeastnews.com/intoarab101.html

Here's an excerpt from the Education section:

The Prophet Muhammad said "it is the duty of every Muslim man and woman to seek education," and under his influence, the Arabs were encouraged to pursue knowledge for its own sake....In the eleventh and twelfth centuries, as Arab influence spread to Spain, Sicily and the rest of Europe, Europeans became increasingly aware of Arab advancements in many fields, especially education and science. Books were translated from Arabic into Latin and, later, to vernacular language. European schools which had long limited learning to the "seven liberal arts" began to expand their curricula.
For some five hundred years, Arab learning and scholarship played a major role in the development of education in the West. The Arabs brought with them well-developed techniques in translation and research and opened new vistas in areas of medicine, the physical sciences and mathematics. Application of empiricism in all fields of study was rapidly incorporated into the learning system of those who became familiar with Arab methodology.
Long before the popularization of the phrase "transfer of technology," a term used to describe advanced expertise which developed nations offer to Third World countries; the Arabs shared their accumulated knowledge and institutions with the rest of the world.

In today's world most Christains live in places where information and opinions and viewpoints are shared freely. This leads to "social progess." MOst Muslims today live in the middle east full of oppression, controlled flow of information, controlled opinions, and hunger and poverty. That is the reason for some of the differences between the two cultures. Here in American I have met many, many atheists. How many do you think you will meet in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia or most of the middle east? Not that many. There is a difference between social progress and technological progress.

The middle east is simply a couple centuries behind the rest of the world. But that does not merit judging Islam, because we can't expect the whole planet to progress nsync with with each other. Even in America Christinaity causes social and political problems. The problems just aren't as severe as most of the problems in the Middle East.

I do know that Jesus was against the death penalty, preached peace, preached acceptance and tolerance, forgiveness, second chances, and not judging.
I know that Muhhamed married a 9 year old girl and consumated his marriage.
I can not get over that.
and for the record I am an atheist who shares many beliefs about vurtues and values with Buddhists.

jaguarr said:
If raybia had typed this tomorrow then he would be wrong, but since he did so today I can only say that he's absolutely correct. :up:

jag

Whew! :O

Hey, since I'm right today, does that mean I'm the coolest poster on the Hype as is my belief? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"