Everyone here is PRO-Muslim and ANTI-Every other religion

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by noobking, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Spider-Bite Registered

no I don't feel slammed at all. I think our debate would be much more heated if I was debating some guy claiming we need to kill all muslims or something like that, because as I have said and believed for a while

the reason the middle east is the way it is is because they are victims of oppression and poverty. they also have weak governements. there are many americans who would kill em all if they had the chance, and they are no different from terrorists.

the differecnes in the people aren't so much the religion they chose as it is their surrounding community they had while growing up. A muslim who grew up in a free nation with a good education and without poverty is likely to be Liberal. I have met two people from the middle east. One was an atheist and the other was a hindu. They both told me what things were like where they came from. They by no means speak for the entire middle east. But one thing is for sure. There are many problems over there.

2. raybia Signing off

I understand your point, I just don't think you have done an adequate job proving it. Please backup your claim. Another sweeping indictment of Muslims!:rolleyes:

As you attempt to do this please remember that Muslims are not restricted to the Middle East but we are on every country on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country

3. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

All I'm suggesting is that you might consider learning more about the perspectives of the people that live over there or know a great deal more about the nuances of the variances in cultures in the Middle East before forumulating a concrete opinion. The fact is that many of us in the U.S. have very limited experience when it comes to other cultures and religions. In fact, many of us have limited experience when it comes to other regions within our own country. We can't possibly have a complete picture of things over there. The same would hold true for other country's views of the U.S.

jag

4. The Overlord Registered

There is poverty and opression in Latin America and they haven't become reactionaries over there.

5. raybia Signing off

Agreed!

6. raybia Signing off

Good comments!

7. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

*checks calendar* Ahhh, I see it's your day to agree with me! :)

jag

8. raybia Signing off

Excellent! You are on a roll! I agree with you.

(Today that is;) )

9. Assassin Detroit's Reckoning

I kinda Agree, but being born in America and having both parents from Iraq, you hear both sides of the story, I'm Chaldean, also known as Neo-babylonian, which is a small Tribe of ppl who are Catholic in Iraq. My parents were both born in Baghdad since their fathers were businessmen, and not in a small village with other chaldeans. They grew up with Jews, and muslums living next door, and they all got along. My dad was born on Dec 23, the original belif date of Christ, which in tradition he would have gotten a holy name (or Biblical) but his parents didnt give him one because they feared that he would be picked on in school. he says yes, the muslum kids would pic on the non muslum but thats only school bullys and such, but the everyday lives it was diffrent. My mom was there longer because my dad came here when he was 25 and he's 10 years older than my mom (they met and got married here) she remembers when all the jews were given a few days an were kicked out of their homes and out of the country when the Baath party was growing, (saddam was only vice president at the time) but she remembers that every one in the neighborhood was sad to see them leave, even other muslums, because they were some of the friendlyest ppl.

but every things changed since the 70's and **** happens.

also, for every one who thinks that Iraqis are killing themselfs, you;re wrong, the suicide bombers are not from iraq, they came in from syria and Iran when saddam was removed.

10. InsaneMembrane Registered

umm 1.1 billion catholics, 2.2 billion christians, so no.

11. Kritish Registered

Hindu's are hardly peaceful, have you heard of the untouchable clan that is raped, tortured and etc. If not look it up on wikipedia.

As for me, I hate all religious, I give equal opportunity to everyone.:)

12. Spider-Bite Registered

I am really shocked at the level of stupidity being presented here. yeah all muslims are totally liberal and accepting of diverse cultures and lifestyles. yup. they could care less if a women learns to read, or if a person is gay, or an atheist or anything non muslim.

they would never mix politics with religion. never. they practically don't even believe in God.

How they got the way they are does not chang ethe fact that right now TODAY they are ultra conservative. you can pretend not to belive this if you want to, but that's what your doing. pretending. I'm not saying it has always been this way, and I'm not saying it always will. I'm saying that's how it is right now.

13. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

And we've been saying that that is a sweeping generalization that doesn't apply to ALL Muslims, man. They're just as diverse as we are here in the U.S. The Muslims who have posted in this thread have attested to that.

jag

14. Spider-Bite Registered

I said the same thing. I said on overall average christains are not as conservative as muslims. I didn't say all Muslims nor all Christains.

15. The Overlord Registered

Perhaps, but it would be hard argue that an ultra conservative society doesn't exist in the ME.

16. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Oh, it does exist. I'm not saying that it doesn't at all. But the U.S. is being run by ultra-conservatives, too, for that matter. I'm just saying there's more to it than just the ultra-conservatives in ME society.

jag

17. raybia Signing off

Yup!

(Man, your game is really on today!:up: )

18. Spider-Bite Registered

The US is one of the most conservative countries in the world. Our population is 300 million. There are two billion christains in the world, and most non US christains think the United States is too consrvative and too war like and too religous.

19. Super_Ludacris Registered

Your statements are pretty genreal though. And even if they were true if you met muslims you would probably have a different perspective

20. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I tend to agree with those that think the U.S. is too conservative, war-like and overly religious, to be honest with you. Our government and society have fixated on the wrong things for awhile, now. :down

jag

21. Spider-Bite Registered

If I met one, I would not just assume that he or she hates all non Muslims and things like that.

22. Spider-Bite Registered

yes our country has. we got much bigger problems than the ones we have been worrying about.

23. The Overlord Registered

The US is of the most conservative of Western nations, but terms of third world countries it might as well be Holland.

24. Danger Mouse Kitchen Appliance

I have? :confused:

25. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Yes. You probably don't remember because you weren't here at the time. :confused:

jag