Exclusive Interview with Don Payne!

Ben's burping was disgusting to me. In fact, I have a plan to do a thread on it (and other gags) that didn't work well in the film. I'm just confused as to why they are obsessed with making Ben this gross, mannerless creature. He burped in the first film too.

And neither situation was in the least way funny at all.

Underdog looks awful simply because it has nothing to do with Underdog. Underdog is not a dog in a man's world who is secretly able to talk. He's a dog in a world of anthropomorphic animals. Because, you know... that's why it was a cartoon.

Jason Lee's voice wasn't scratchy until he had his throat illness. Sadly, it hasn't really been the same since.

Throat illness? I didn't know anything about that. What vain of illness? It seems to have opened new doors for him. Nat King Cole gave credit to smoking for the smoky or raspiness in his voice. When he learned he had cancer and had to quit smoking his reaction was "there goes my career".

This interview makes me a little sad. He might have had an even better film in his mind.

Throat illness? I didn't know anything about that. What vain of illness? It seems to have opened new doors for him. Nat King Cole gave credit to smoking for the smoky or raspiness in his voice. When he learned he had cancer and had to quit smoking his reaction was "there goes my career".

That's funny :woot: and a little sad. :dry:

A couple of years back, Lee got the chicken pox on a level that I've never heard of before, because he actually got chicken pox internally, in his mouth and all the way down his throat. He said he felt like "he was going to die" from it, and couldn't eat anything solid for a while. Ever since he recovered, his voice has been scratchier and raspier. It's kind of a shame, but at least he's still clearly recognizable.

That's funny :woot: and a little sad. :dry:

A couple of years back, Lee got the chicken pox on a level that I've never heard of before, because he actually got chicken pox internally, in his mouth and all the way down his throat. He said he felt like "he was going to die" from it, and couldn't eat anything solid for a while. Ever since he recovered, his voice has been scratchier and raspier. It's kind of a shame, but at least he's still clearly recognizable.

It was during the past year actually, and was the reason production on "My name Is Earl" was halted for several weeks.

Hmmm. Didn't know any of this. They say chicken pox is harder on you the older you are. I got it when I was fourteen. Hit me for 2 weeks. Took me down hard. May explain what a grown man going through it must endure.

Great interview. I said it before and I'll say it again, why they let Frost within sniffing distance of this film I'll never know. Loose him for the 3rd. Open the trap door to the Negative Zone as he walks by. :woot:

I don't mind the "spin" line TOO much. At least it's his only one-liner. I also don't mind "my bad." The burping was stupid as hell though. I never understood what was supposed to be going on between him and that guy with the white man's fro. Why did he give the fro-man that weird look towards the start of the scene?

It was pretty clear for me--both Ben and the afro kid were giving each other that, "Ugh...what a freak" look to one another.

I thought it was funny. :woot:

Great interview Matt! It must be the eye of Thundera that's given you sight beyond sight to ask those questions.:D :up:

Great interview Matt! It must be the eye of Thundera that's given you sight beyond sight to ask those questions.:D :up:
lmao Can't wait for that movie, I was wondering if it was ever going to happen!

^^Same here. It's just a shame it's going to be a CGI animated film instead of live action.Maybe it's better this way. In animation they can do much more (the costumes would be hard to pull off for example) and more importantly it will be much less expensive produce.

Great interview with Don Payne. I really enjoyed his script and I hope that he works on the next film. Hopefully, for me, it will be The Inhumans and Puppet Master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"