• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Avengers Facebook contest screw up upsets fans...

They were there this morning at noon, like they said they would be...

The additional cities were listed around 10am today, maybe even before, if you checked the link to the screening tickets. There was no official announcement at that time, thus people were grabbing tickets while others were probably in the dark. They have screwed up twice if you ask me.

The additional cities were listed around 10am today, maybe even before, if you checked the link to the screening tickets. There was no official announcement at that time, thus people were grabbing tickets while others were probably in the dark. They have screwed up twice if you ask me.

How did they screw up? They told everybody what time the results would be in. All you had to do was go to the page on your own to check them. :doh:

I was lucky and logged on to FB at just the right time. Sometimes it's just better to be lucky. Right place at the right time. Downtown Orlando here I come.

How did they screw up? They told everybody what time the results would be in. All you had to do was go to the page on your own to check them. :doh:

The first wave was fine if you paid attention I suppose, though the tickets were gone in a matter of minutes. But as many are/were stating, there was a lot of confusion with the way this was handled. The list of new cities/link to the passes was to occur at 9am PST/ 12 Noon EST, which didn't even happen as I was able to get through at a little after 10am EST. The announcement/newsfeed post on FB didn't occur to about 12 noon PST/3 PM EST, which seems like someone got their time zones mixed up in making the announcement.

Same thing happened with the first five cities in terms of reporting the screenings via news sites; it didn't happen until well after the site launched. The link was then taken down on the FB page about an hour after it was posted with no trail/mention of it on the FB Avengers main page. You had to click the screenings tab section to find it, which not many people figured out.

All in all, this was a bit messy, and I fully understand why so many were complaining. I missed out on my city, but would have been able to grab tickets for the new 5 cities earlier than what was stated if I had filled out the info, but since I am no where close to them, I didn't.

Can't believe Houston's one of them, that's awesome! I noticed that too late, but they're showing it in San Antonio and I'm not driving there for a movie. Oh well, guess it's May 4th(Midnight Showing) for me.

Edit: After watching that Sam Jackson congratulations vid on Facebook, he makes it seem like there's going to be an early showing in Houston and not just San Antonio. If that's the case... then DAMMIT!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"