Fantastic Four 2?

Lol........some of yall are trippin.

Simon Kinclown just running his mouth. He is basically admitting that something with his name on it sucks. And would love an opportunity to redeem himself. He is associated with a disaster of a film.

Reminds me of Singer when he said he wanted to go all out on a sequel to Superman Returns. Should have done it when ya had the chance. Its over Kinclown. Stay far away from FF.

Poor box office and poor dvd/streaming sales equals 99 cent Wal-Mart bin or better yet trash bin.

Haha.............sequel my a**

Seems the deletion of the FF forum may have been a bit premature as theres a chance that FANT4STIC may get a sequel

Screen-Shot-2015-08-07-at-3.26.36-AM.png

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05...-wants-to-make-brighter-sequel-with-same-cast

FANTASTIC FOUR 2: PRODUCER WANTS TO MAKE 'BRIGHTER' SEQUEL WITH SAME CAST

While 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four film was both a critical and commercial flop when it debuted last year, producer Simon Kinberg says a sequel is still possible and he'd like to bring back the same cast.

"We want to make another Fantastic Four movie," Kinberg told Den of Geek when asked about a potential sequel at the X-Men: Apocalypse junket. "We love that cast—I mean if I were to say to you now Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller, and Kate [Mara] and Jamie [Bell] are great actors—we love that cast," he added, noting he loves the comic "almost as much as X-Men."

n the event that Fantastic Four 2 moves forward, Kinberg said it would be a "brighter" film that more accurately captures the tone of the comics. "We'll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four, which is completely—well, not completely, but largely—distinct from the X-Men, which is brighter, funner, more optimistic tone," he explained.

Kinberg cited the first film's darker approach as a potential misstep, saying "it seemed like a radical idea" at the time, but they "were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic."

While the producer couldn't say with any certainty as to whether or not a sequel will in fact happen, he did note that they're "working really hard on figuring that out," as there's an appetite for it at Fox. In the meantime, Kinberg remains optimistic, saying "nothing would make me happier than the world embracing a Fantastic Four movie."

Bad movies get sequels, but unprofitable ones do not. This will never happen.

I just don't understand why? It was boring, bland and nothing happened for 90% of the movie. The characters sucked due to spending 90% of the movie doing an origin and they ruined/wasted one of the best, most interesting and fully fleshed out characters in comics.

Making a sequel to that would take some work. Making a good sequel would be a daunting task.

Last edited:
I would seriously like to see someone fill in this blank.

"It was great in the FF movie when _______ ."

I can't begin to imagine what you would fill in that blank with.

It was great in the FF movie when I remembered I could close my eyes and go to sleep and remember to play this movie whenever I am suffering from insomnia.

I finally saw this turd since it's now playing on HBO.
I actually liked the Corman movie better.

'Nuff said

I finally saw this turd since it's now playing on HBO.
I actually liked the Corman movie better.

'Nuff said

Without question. I wish the Corman version was available on Blu-Ray and/or digital HD.

If Fox had simply started with the Corman script polished it a litte bit, got a better cast and made the Thing and the costumes look like the FF - basically a higher quality, 2016 version of the Corman film, they could have made a much better film than what we got.

If they made a sequel it would probably play out like the Turtles sequel is looking like to do, with tons of fan service and even more fan service. FF does have a great cast, but it's far too late. Nobody wants a sequel to whatever it was that happened last year.

Honestly, it sounds like he has the right idea. I also think some people are just hoping this doesn't happen because they want F4 at Marvel Studios...

Keeping an open mind I think if they get a better script, and make the tone lighter, it can at least be as good as the 2005 version.

I wouldn't mind a couple of the cast members being in a Marvel Studios reboot, and that would almost certainly have a lighter feel. It seems like Fox is done with F4, but if Kinberg isn't maybe we can have him and Kevin Feige work on a MCU Fox Studios reboot, similar to what Marvel's done with Spider-Man. It is always good for someone to be excited to see comic characters rise up on the big screen, that enthusiasm is always good. I think Kinberg would be up for a re-boot if he really cares about the characters, and not just the current Fantastic Four Universe.

But who knows, maybe he can revive the F4 and make it great without Marvels help. Would that really be that bad?

So now the 2005 version is the benchmark? Before that film was derided by fans and critics and the FFINO defenders were saying how Trank's film would be much better than that. And now, in the wake of its massive failure, the 2005 movie is what people must now aspire to?

Without question. I wish the Corman version was available on Blu-Ray and/or digital HD.

If Fox had simply started with the Corman script polished it a litte bit, got a better cast and made the Thing and the costumes look like the FF - basically a higher quality, 2016 version of the Corman film, they could have made a much better film than what we got.

At least that movie got the basics right.
Origin of powers, Doom not linked to the 4 and getting powers with them.
If anything it was too ambitious with the miniscule budget it was given.
You can find it online if you google Fantastic Four 1994. But they versions I've seen online aren't very good quality.

If they made a sequel it would probably play out like the Turtles sequel is looking like to do, with tons of fan service and even more fan service. FF does have a great cast, but it's far too late. Nobody wants a sequel to whatever it was that happened last year.

But at least the first Turtles movie had elements that were recognizable as TMNT, so they have something to build on. It would be hard to pile together the crap from the first movie and make anything close to what the fans want.

The only chance to give the fans what they want is to start fresh. But if they start fresh without Marvel on board, the fans aren't likely to give them a chance.

So now the 2005 version is the benchmark? Before that film was derided by fans and critics and the FFINO defenders were saying how Trank's film would be much better than that. And now, in the wake of its massive failure, the 2005 movie is what people must now aspire to?

:funny: Yeah. "If we work really hard, maybe we can make a sequel that's almost as good as a film that got a 27% RT score.":o

Last edited:
At least that movie got the basics right.
Origin of powers, Doom not linked to the 4 and getting powers with them.
If anything it was too ambitious with the miniscule budget it was given.
You can find it online if you google Fantastic Four 1994. But they versions I've seen online aren't very good quality.

Yeah, I actually have it on VHS . . . but I don't have a VHS player anymore.:o And that version and the youtube versions aren't very high quality.

:funny: Yeah. "If we work really hard, maybe we can make a sequel that's almost as good as a film that got a 27% RT score.":o

Murdoch: Kinberg you idiot. This Fant4stic sequel is even worse than the last movie. Not only is it an even greater financial failure, but it's also only 1% RT.

Kinberg: Well I didn't know that was going to happen. I can't imagine what went wrong. But next time round I'll fix it. I promise. We'll try to make the sequel at least as good as FFINO.

Murdoch: 9% RT?

Kinberg: Well we should have more realistic expectations. Aiming for the 2005 movie might be just a flight of fancy. :o

Tell me, what was the greatest FF movie ever made?
That is the highest reference for us to use for a FF movie.
I'm not sure I've seen it, but I know what the greatest FF movie I have seen was. ;)
I'm not saying that's the standard, I'm saying that's at least what the movie should be.
Start with low expectations...
I don't ever expect for a FF film made by fox to be anywhere near as good as CA:CW for instance. Even for Marvel Studios that would be hard.

I'm not sure I've seen it, but I know what the greatest FF movie I have seen was. ;)
I'm not saying that's the standard, I'm saying that's at least what the movie should be.
Start with low expectations...
I don't ever expect for a FF film made by fox to be anywhere near as good as CA:CW for instance. Even for Marvel Studios that would be hard.

There is no greatest. There is only, "least bad." Marvel need the rights back. Period.

The Incredibles.

Marvel/Disney could pull it off without much trouble, Imo.

I still say out of the four movies the Corman one is the best.

It's stupid, fun and the characters make sense to the comics. That and Doom is ****ing DOOM in the movie. He's not a businessman shooting people into space or some nerd in a basement who got a garbage bag for a cape. He's **********ING DOOM!

Yeah, at least make it comparable to the Corman version. A big budget version of that with a proper Doom.

And I agree. The Incredibles would be the template for FF. Which is ironic, considering it should be the other way round.

I'm not sure I've seen it, but I know what the greatest FF movie I have seen

To answer that question would mean that there is a great FF film and there is not. You should ask which is the best of the worst bc they were ranged from bad to mediocore.

I still say out of the four movies the Corman one is the best.

It's stupid, fun and the characters make sense to the comics. That and Doom is ****ing DOOM in the movie. He's not a businessman shooting people into space or some nerd in a basement who got a garbage bag for a cape. He's **********ING DOOM!

Based on the story, I agree. It's just hard to get past the low budget and generally cheesy appearance, bad acting, cheap props, bad effects etc. that come with that.

I absolutely believe that if a talented director started with the Corman script and a $100 million budget, we'd get a movie FAR better than anything we've seen from Fox.

You should ask which is the best of the worst bc they were ranged from bad to mediocore.

I think even "mediocre" is a stretch. I'd have to say ROTSS was the best FF film, but I'm not even sure that rose to the level of mediocre.

I think our real range is terrible to bad.

And I agree. The Incredibles would be the template for FF. Which is ironic, considering it should be the other way round.

Lol.
And The Incredibles was Disney too, so it all works out. XD

[OffTopic]
Weird... I just realized that the Incredible-ish tv show "No Ordinary Family" had Michael Chiklis as the Mr. Incredible equivalent. I never made that connection.
[/OffTopic]

We could always take a good break off of F4 and just wait for The Incredibles 2... XD

Yeah, at least make it comparable to the Corman version. A big budget version of that with a proper Doom.

In my opinion, The Incredibles/Doctor Who

The Corman movie looks like it was made for $12 and a free hotdog but it's still better than all the other FF films.

Okay, i finally got around to seeing this and i must admit it's not as bad as people have made it out to be. It's on HBO OnDemand, so i'm wondering if the cut that is there is the same cut that was in theaters? Again, i ask because while it wasn't a great movie, it was no where near a bad as i had been lead to believe all this time…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"