Fantastic Four: 3...Greenlit!

Thats great news, I do wish they would focus on the Fantastic Four in the next movie instead of teaming them up with someone else but oh well it's still good news.

How reliable is moviehole? Don't know much about the site. So an F3 will make it's way to the bigscreen despite its box office? I'll believe it when I see it.Not trying to be negative but while FOX won't lose any money on F4 ROTSS, it didn't come across to me as a big enough hit financially. I guess it's better to wait until the movie has run it's course domestically and internationally.

Transformers 2 already greenlit before the film has even come out? I sure TF willm make some money, but how much did this movie cost? It has to be well over 175 million. Oh well I guess the studio know better.

Moviehole is about as reliable as a car without an engine or tires.

If this was true, Fox would have a press release. Since the movie is a box office dissapointment, the timing is a joke. This is the problem with the internet, any idiot can post a rumor.

Brad Pitt just got eaten by a bear.

^ Actually Moviehole is very reliable. Clint Morris knows alot of people in the industry. He doesn't rely on scoops from so called spies like Harry. He gets direct info. Fox will issue a press release when the time is right. Just like Spidey 4 is not officially grenlit they are going forward. It's common sense.

Well that's a positive rumor thats for sure.......I think a few more sources will help......hopefully Matt at F4movies will get us some information on the subject....

It just doesn't make any sense. With Pixar's movie and Die Hard, it will do nothing this weekend and next weekend it will be a stain. It will not make as much as the first one and we all know the increased cost.

Logically, why would they greenlight it now? If it does huge DVD numbers then I can see it. But it just makes no sense now. I realize many many people liked it, but you can't argue the fiscal dissapointment.

It just doesn't make any sense. With Pixar's movie and Die Hard, it will do nothing this weekend and next weekend it will be a stain. It will not make as much as the first one and we all know the increased cost.

Logically, why would they greenlight it now? If it does huge DVD numbers then I can see it. But it just makes no sense now. I realize many many people liked it, but you can't argue the fiscal dissapointment.

Profit is profit. The film is assure to make a profit and they own the rights for almost nothing. Anyone who believes Fox is gonna hand those rights back over to Marvel is ignorant. Dissapointment doesn't mean a thing if it's still making profit. Studios are gonna have to adjust to this new environment where the average 100 million dollar film will have 2 weeks to make it's money domestic. That's the way it is with a few exceptions each year. I think most films dissapointed this year but that's not gonna stop FF3, Spiderman 4, Pirates 4, Shrek 4, etc...Franchises that make money on this level are not easy to come by. It's very clear FF2 was superior to part 1 yet the competition is becoming more fierce and territorial over release dates.

Profit is profit. The film is assure to make a profit and they own the rights for almost nothing. Anyone who believes Fox is gonna hand those rights back over to Marvel is ignorant. Dissapointment doesn't mean a thing if it's still making profit. Studios are gonna have to adjust to this new environment where the average 100 million dollar film will have 2 weeks to make it's money domestic. That's the way it is with a few exceptions each year. I think most films dissapointed this year but that's not gonna stop FF3, Spiderman 4, Pirates 4, Shrek 4, etc...Franchises that make money on this level are not easy to come by. It's very clear FF2 was superior to part 1 yet the competition is becoming more fierce and territorial over release dates.

It hasn't made a profit yet. They would never announce a greenlight until they made a profit. With the new films this weekend and Transformers next, the movie is virtually dead by next weekend. It might do some more business overseas, but it's clear the overseas market is poor too.

Worldwide the movie has taken in $167 million in which the studio gets half. Do the math, that's $83.5 million so far. The movie cost $130 million to make plus at least $30 million in advertising.

I'm not saying it won't turn a profit, but it will only do so with DVD and pay per view.

^ Matt it is impossible for FF2 to not make a profit. Also the studio get's a bit more than half and with front loaded opening weekends it gets even a higher average. Yeah Worldwide it's only take 167 so far but it has opened in so many large international markets and won't till August. Most of the competition will be gone by then save Potter.

Taking into account the distribution and marketing budgets, the whole movie cost well over $130 million.

This link still feels a little inconclusive.

I think people are overanlyzing this.

FF will make roughly 300 worldwide box-office by the time everything is done, and the DVD will sell very well.

There are very few film properties that can do that kind of business - look at Die Hard. The projections I am seeing for it is that it will make about 25 million this weekend.

There will be an FF sequel. Whether it has been officially announced or not may still be questionable. The biggest questions now are: What will the budget be and who will direct?

I would expect a budget of approx. 110 million and it will probably be Tim Story but I wouldn't be surprised if they made a change . . . to someone none of us will like.

^ Matt it is impossible for FF2 to not make a profit. Also the studio get's a bit more than half and with front loaded opening weekends it gets even a higher average. Yeah Worldwide it's only take 167 so far but it has opened in so many large international markets and won't till August. Most of the competition will be gone by then save Potter.

Dark, I never said it won't make a profit. The thread is about an announced greenlight. I simply said it hasn't made a profit yet. I'm sure when it's all said and done it will. I just doubted that the movie got a greenlight this early. That's all I was saying.

Even with the future overseas markets, it's possible that FF2 does not make a profit on box office alone. With the $130 million production cost plus $30 million marketing, the film needs to do around $300- $320 million worldwide. However, with DVD and pay per view I do expect a profit eventually.

Excuse me; Spider-Man 3 didnt "dissappoint". It's made more money than the first two. :word:

Carry on.

^ I never said it did dissapoint worldwide. Domestic it did but it's also understandable. Give me 20.

The teamup idea probably bodes well for black panther or the inhumans. My bet would be on the panther because he will be a cheaper hero to bring to the big screen. However, the main inhumans are pretty much humans with a few costume enhancements for triton or gorgon, so it might work for Fox. Either way, I agree with AD this was a bit of a no brainer for fox.

^ Black Panther is a Marvel Studios film. Marvel would have to lease the rights to fox for 1 film.

This thread reminds me of the time Avi said a Ghost Rider two was greenlit before all numbers were back. Then months later, said no sequel is in the works.

But while FF2 has a bigger chance of a sequel, I'll still wait for an official press release or something of the sort.

I say bring on the Inhumans! I said this in another post, the cgi work would be minimal for the Inhumans. Black Bolt just needs a kick ass costume, crystal can be done cheap, as well as Karnak. Gorgon's legs and Medusa's hair would require work and they may or may not inculde Triton and Lockjaw. Triton has gotten the total shaft from the comics in the last few Inhumans series.
Any way, I think they will go this route to incorporate new characters like the Surfer. The only questions is, would Marvel let Fox use the Inhumans, as Fox already had the rights to the Surfer.

Moviehole is about as reliable as a car without an engine or tires.

If this was true, Fox would have a press release. Since the movie is a box office dissapointment, the timing is a joke. This is the problem with the internet, any idiot can post a rumor.

Brad Pitt just got eaten by a bear.

true, lol
i head pitt was eaten by a bear to.
lol

Actually Strikezone it's not true. Clint works for studios and knows many many people personally involved in these films.

Hmmmm....I'll just wait for something a bit more official from the studio. I don't trust this.

Hmmmm....I'll just wait for something a bit more official from the studio. I don't trust this.
I am hearing rumbles from my "sources" that this information could very well be true. Obviously, an official announcement hasn't been made yet, but it is looking to be very likely that a third movie will be happening. I'll keep you all updated.

I agree, I'm gonna see how this turns out.

Most likely there will be another sequel but i prefer to wait for official announcements!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"