Fantastic Four: 3...Greenlit!

I can believe this is true. Think about it, compared to any other movie Fox has released this year, this film is a blockbuster.

It's not quite up there with X-men, but it performed very solid especially opening weekend, and considering the huge drops other films has, it would be unfair to single out RotSS.

Say what you will about Fox, they are about profitablility, and this will undoubtedly be the most successful film for them this year, bar none.

To give you an idea here's Fox's lineup for the rest of the year.

The Simpsons Movie

The Hitman

Alvin and the Chipmunks

out of those three the Simpsons might do well considering it's budget, but I doubt if it makes more than 100 mil.

To give you an idea here's Fox's lineup for the rest of the year.

The Simpsons Movie

The Hitman

Alvin and the Chipmunks

out of those three the Simpsons might do well considering it's budget, but I doubt if it makes more than 100 mil.

I disagree, I think The Simpson's Movie will make MUCH MORE than 100 million......................MUCH MORE.

^ I'm not so sure. How well did the South Park, Sponge Bob or Beavis and Butthead films do? The Simpsons have been around much longer but it's also getting old... though and the trailers look funny but I'd guess 55-60 million tops for the Simpsons.

The Simpson will be lucky to get to 75 million, no ones talkng about the movie. If it made more then 100 million then wow...but I honestly dont see it.
The only two films that have a chance at being the top box office kings (at this point) are Transformers and HP5

I disagree, I think The Simpson's Movie will make MUCH MORE than 100 million......................MUCH MORE.

If SIMPSONS is as good as it looks, I think it definitely has the potential to top 100 million. In this underperforming summer though, my guess is about 70 million.

But comparisons to SOUTH PARK, SPONGEBOB, etc, are apples and oranges.
SIMPSONS is practically an institution now. It appeals much more to entire families than any of those other films.

^ I'm not so sure. How well did the South Park, Sponge Bob or Beavis and Butthead films do? The Simpsons have been around much longer but it's also getting old... though and the trailers look funny but I'd guess 55-60 million tops for the Simpsons.

You FF fanboys have gone mad. I'm a Marvel head but seriously....just because Simpsons isn't a comic movie don't downplay the numbers :whatever: .
The Simpsons are so damn popular they are going to make waaaaaay more than a million 55-60 mil. You really don't think that it's going to at least break 100m?? This is one of the top longest running shows in the history of television, it may not have the decades of history like FF or other comics but it is a MAJOR piece of American pop culture.

Great news. I hope Jessica looks like she did in part one. And I hope they keep it grounded and make it less like a cartoon.

This thread reminds me of the time Avi said a Ghost Rider two was greenlit before all numbers were back. Then months later, said no sequel is in the works..

I can imagine that,what`s the use of more FF sequels?170 million to make,and there is only a total gross number of the 200`s in profit.FF1 and 2 are the same..what`s the point.The numbers are a example..but im trying to make a point.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR FACE THE WORLD'S GREATEST THREAT!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]by CBR News Team, Editor[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Posted: July 9, 2007 — [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Official Press Release [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The Fantastic Four have explored the Negative Zone, faced death and even defeated the mighty Galactus…so what kind of threat could possibly be more than the Fantastic Four can handle? Set in the near future, The Last Fantastic Four Story is all-new epic that will show you a different side of Marvel’s First Family and they may not survive the experience! Stan Lee, the icon himself, returns to the Fantastic Four and teams with one of the greatest modern comic book artists, John Romita Jr., to bring you the kind of cosmic action that can only be found in the World’s Greatest Comic Magazine! Since their inception, the Fantastic Four have broken new ground for super hero stories, presented a unique view of the super-powered life and now, with the return of one of the original co-creators, the FF are set to redefine just where super heroes can boldly go! And don’t adjust your monitors—you’re getting 48, that’s right, 48 story pages of exciting action in the Mighty Marvel Manner from Lee & Romita Jr![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Editor Tom Brevoort explained, “This is Stan writing his final story for the Fantastic Four, the characters who began the Marvel Age of Comics—so in some ways, this is like Stan’s bookend on his entire career at Marvel. Plus, he’s working with John Romita Jr. for the first time, an artist who embodies all of the best qualities in terms of storytelling and power as those classic creators who collaborated with Stan back in the glory days, but who is simultaneously an artist of the here and now. So hopefully, this will be a rare treat for readers everywhere.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]It’s Stan “The Man” Lee, returning to the Fantastic Four and John Romita Jr.’s lush art bringing you a special Fantastic Four tale like no other…so what are you waiting for? Also, don’t miss the special poster of John Romita’s gorgeous cover to The Last Fantastic Four Story, arriving in stores later this August. The Fantastic Four are nearing the end…but is it the end of their careers or the end of their lives?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]THE LAST FANTASTIC FOUR STORY (JUN072151)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Written by STAN LEE[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Pencils and Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Rated A …$4.99[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]FOC—7/12/07, On-Sale—8/1/07[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN ROMITA JR. POSTER (JUN072237)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]24X36 Color Poster...$6.99[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]FOC—8/2/07, On-Sale—8/22/07[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT]

Sponge Bob, South Park, and Beavis and Butthead were all cable TV shows, and had (have) less viewers and a smaller fanbase than the Simpsons. The Simpsons is more popular and mainstream.

SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie (2004)

Budget: $30 million
US BO gross: $85 million
WW BO gross: $140 million

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (1999)

Budget: $21 million
US BO gross: $52 million
WW BO gross: $83 million

Beavis And Butthead Do America (1996)

Budget: $12 million
US BO gross: $63 million
WW BO gross: ?

So they all did very well considering they were based on cable cartoon shows. South Park and Beavis and Butthead which skewed a lot more to the teenaged and adult crowd. Not only that they were dirt cheap in comparison to big studio tentpoles.

A Beavis and Butthead sequel was apparently planned and in production, but Mike Judge basically scrapped it from what I understand.

People are going crazy over the Kwik-E-Mart cross promotion. I think the Simpsons will do much bigger than those above mentioned films. Especially SpongeBob which has crossover appeal with kids and adults.

Yup. 2D animated movies can still be good fun and still make money.

Yeah, it is one of my favorite animated movies along with The Lion King and The Rugrats Movie. Hey, what was Rugrats Movie's budget?

I'll believe it's confirmed when I see it on the Hype main page.

At the very least it might spare us from another Tim Story debacle.

I'm sure Fox got these actors on the cheap so they'll finish out their contracts with FF3 in 2-3 years. The Silver Surfer film could be one of the best ever if done right. It won't have the broad based attraction of the X-Men but not all franchises should.

Fox couldn't even do X-men 3, FF 1 or 2 right. I have no faith in Silver Surfer being done right by them either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"