• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's before production starts? (I was thinking of the older BC report that Fox wanted to replace Trank before production, not the later ones about Vaughn coming in to do the reshoots).

Ah gotcha, I misunderstood. Yeah if they wanted to replace him then, so long as he didn't shoot any footage, I think he can be fired. That happens all the time like on Thor TDW and Patty Jenkins.

$194 million.

Ant-man is going to spank the Fantastic Four.

Somebody jog my memory...
I remember when he was announced thinking, "cool the Chronicle guy---I hope he's a big fan of classic FF."
Then when the trying to replace him rumor hit, I was thinking, "god, I hope it's true."
So what did he do between those two events? Not talking about MBJ, either, which was 100 x more anoying for nepotism than for race.
I know something had happened where I turned against him. What were his early missteps?

Last edited:
Somebody jog my memory...
I remember when he was announced thinking, "cool the Chronicle guy---I hope he's a big fan of classic FF."
Then when the trying to replace him rumor hit, I was thinking, "god, I hpe it's true."
So what did he do between those two events? Not talking about MBJ, either which was 100 x more anoying for nepotism than for race.
I know something had happened where I turned against him. What were his early missteps?

Nothing I remember was reported to suggest why Fox wanted to dump Trank, but I believe they weren't fond of his pitch, and he might have been very unprofessional during the whole pre-production, by not co-operating.

Thanks, but I remember being happy when the rumor hit and I wouldn't have been happy unless I had heard he wanted to do stuff that didn't jibe with what I was hoping for.

25 million OW?

101614_sf_pence_beer_twitter_bjvzbsd6.gif

We need more than just the $20-25M opening range however. In my opinion, the victory will be complete only if MI: Rogue Nation ALSO holds it off from the No. 1 position on the Box Office Charts. I think it'll be deemed a failure at this point no matter what happens, but that little tidbit of missing No. 1 will be so beyond. :up:

I know people who are seeing it today are walking out of theaters disgusted (one of my friends actually walked out after an hour into it and he's not a comic book nerd), so the drop off between Friday and Saturday/Sunday may do the trick.

I created an Advertisement and posted it to Facebook in an effort to keep people from going to see this movie. I would post it here so others could use the image on their facebook, but I am not sure if the Mods would object. While there is no profanity of obscenities, they might object to the fact that it is aimed at damaging the film's reputation even further by making people aware. Just concerned because they have relationships with the studios and all so I do not want to upset any of the Mods. Does anyone know if posting something of this nature is okay or not. Also, if someone wants it I could always PM it to them I suppose so let me know.

Surfer

I created an Advertisement and posted it to Facebook in an effort to keep people from going to see this movie. I would post it here so others could use the image on their facebook, but I am not sure if the Mods would object. While there is no profanity of obscenities, they might object to the fact that it is aimed at damaging the film's reputation even further by making people aware. Just concerned because they have relationships with the studios and all so I do not want to upset any of the Mods. Does anyone know if posting something of this nature is okay or not. Also, if someone wants it I could always PM it to them I suppose so let me know.

Surfer

I'm not a Hype mod anymore but I can give you an idea of what they'd likely say if you posted it. PM me the image. Or send it to C. LEE directly.

Surfer

I highly doubt anyone would care if something like that was posted in the FFINO thread for people to use.

My wife wanted to go see this. I said no. I win.

I'm not a Hype mod anymore but I can give you an idea of what they'd likely say if you posted it. PM me the image. Or send it to C. LEE directly.

If I send you the image can you send it to C. Lee for approval?

Just really trying to avoid upseting anyone, but still really want to do my role in making this movie fail.

Surfer

No matter what Fox did to Trank,
When he sent that tweet
He wasnt being fair to his cast.
Very Unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"