• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what Fox did to Trank,
When he sent that tweet
,He wasnt being fair to his cast.
Very Unprofessional.
He should have talked about the situation in a careful and intelligent way in a couple of years when this disaster died down. Kinda like Alan Taylor did during Terminator Genesis promotions.

It's not doing well in Australia, that's all I know.

If I send you the image can you send it to C. Lee for approval?

Just really trying to avoid upseting anyone, but still really want to do my role in making this movie fail.

Surfer

Sure. But like I said, you can always PM him directly too. Either way is fine.

Seriously, looking at Green Lantern's internal multiplier, and then adding 15% drop to Sunday to compensate for no Father's Day (while also looking at X-Men Origins: Wolverine to get the 15% instead of 10%) gives us:

From Boxoffice forums

Sure. But like I said, you can always PM him directly too. Either way is fine.

Well I am not super savy on computers. I do okay I guess, but my biggest problem is I wouldn't know where to begin finding C. Lee to send him the Private Message. Where as with you I know I can just click on your Avatar and that option to Private Message pops up. So, if you don't mind it would make things simpler for me. I will try to send it to you in just a little bit.

Thanks!

Surfer

Terminator:Genisys had a 27 mil OW, anything above that is unacceptable.

From Boxoffice forums
If it does 10.3mil 24ish does sound about right for a film with such lousy word of mouth.

Also remember that Cinemascore means little so if it gets a B that does not mean that the word of mouth isn't toxic.

If it really does do 24 mil OW, will it even reach 50 million domestic?

I personally doubt it, the word of mouth is Cat-Woman level toxic, next week drop might be 75%+.

Do movies ever get below a B- on cinemascore? LOL

There is no way this will make less than 20 mil......... is there?

Well there was no way it was going to get 9% on the tomatometer before it happened either.

Surfer

I think that would be way too low, even for this film. From what I'm hearing it sounds like there's going to be sizable audiences tonight. Maybe things will drop off the next two days, but I think $20M is a lock.

He should have talked about the situation in a careful and intelligent way in a couple of years when this disaster died down. Kinda like Alan Taylor did during Terminator Genesis promotions.

It's not doing well in Australia, that's all I know.
You want intelligence from Trank? :funny:

For Cinemascore perspective

Green Lantern - B

Green Hornet - B+

Ghost Rider SoV - C+

Daredevil (2003) - B

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - B

Elektra - B

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - B

For this movie to get a C-, wow.

Last edited:
Terminator:Genisys had a 27 mil OW, anything above that is unacceptable.

Genysis it opened on a Wed so by th end o the w/e it was over $40m FFS wont come close to that or Genysis domestic or O/S totals.

Fox at the start of the week they would be happy with anything starting with a 4. They were looking for $40-50m.

This movie is in clear danger of making less domestically for it's entire run than the first FF movies opened to back in 2005 and 2007.

The record for highest 2nd week drop is 86.4%, this has a legit shot.

It would be really difficult for a studio film that usually has 2 week theater guarantees. In the 70s though wouldn't surprise me.

Undiscovered's critical reception across the board is comparable to this, so I say there's good shot, especially now that tickets are much more expensive, people will run from this fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"