Fantastic Four reborn! - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably when they start making more relevant blockbusters. I love FC and really liked DoFP, but they feel dated, especially the latter. Comic book movies that would fit more at home before TDKT and the MCU.

Which is why I am curious about this new FF reboot. They sound like they are making the Sony mistake with TASM series, without the brand recognition as a safety net.

They also lost the merch sales for Spider-Man which is why there is a crisis. I am not sure if Fox has those for FF, but I'd assume they do have them for X-Men. Thus making those films far more potentially lucrative.

Which is exactly why Marvel stopped allowing X-Men movie merchandise to be made. There wasn't any merchandise for DoFP available when that film released that was connected to the film*. Fox gets merch money, but Marvel no longer mass merchandises anything Fox puts out. Therefore, Fox does not see merchandise revenue from their Marvel adaptations.

*DoFP had Carl's Jr./Hardee's toys, but fast food toys are actually considered advertisements, and film tie-in toys are payed for by the studio. They lost money on those, in other words.

They also lost the merch sales for Spider-Man which is why there is a crisis. I am not sure if Fox has those for FF, but I'd assume they do have them for X-Men. Thus making those films far more potentially lucrative.

FOX gets a minority cut of the licensing fees for FF and X- Men tie in merchandise. But Marvel controls what gets produced, which is why the stuff has become scarce after the Disney purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"