• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantastic Four Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie is in clear danger of making less domestically for it's entire run than the first FF movies opened to back in 2005 and 2007.

That is insane, and very much possible, if not probable.

and we are talking unadjusted numbers.... holy **** Fox, what did you do....

That's true. Disney didn't know how much a flake he was until he ****ed over the Fantastic Four.
I wonder how that meeting went with Kinberg. "Kathy, there is something I need to discuss with you."

Apparently audiences preferred Ghost Rider pissing fire to anything The Human Boombox did in this entire film.

I cannot wait until the weekend numbers come out on Sunday, Rob Boobfeld's twitter freakout is going to be glorious.

I cannot wait until the weekend numbers come out on Sunday, Rob Boobfeld's twitter freakout is going to be hilarious.

I keep refreshing it, to see if he posted any sort of reaction.

Seriously, I have not been this excited to follow a B.O. run since TWS... For the opposite reasons, LOLOL!!!

From Boxoffice forums:

F4 10.5
MI5 8.1
Gift 4.2
Vacation 2.5
Ricki 2.35
Minions 2.15
Ant-Man 2.1

For Cinemascore perspective

Green Lantern - B

Green Hornet - B+

Ghost Rider SoV - C+

Daredevil (2003) - B

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - B

Elektra - B

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - B

For this movie to get a C-, wow.

...and there it is. They were better off making a part 3 years ago. At least those characters were trying to have fun and that plays well with families and kids.

Last edited:
I keep refreshing it, to see if he posted any sort of reaction.

Seriously, I have not been this excited to follow a B.O. run since TWS... For the opposite reasons, LOLOL!!!
I am so glad that someone else is keeping up with Boobfeld's embarrassing twitter feed.

I remember the Winter Soldier box office wait. I was like "this movie deserves all the money!"

It's pretty set in stone that FF won't get the #1 spot for the weekend with those numbers.

Oh yeah it's going to drop like a stone on Saturday, it is ****ed, it is so ****ed.

From Boxoffice forums:

F4 10.5
MI5 8.1
Gift 4.2
Vacation 2.5
Ricki 2.35
Minions 2.15
Ant-Man 2.1

Does that 10.5, include both Thursday night and Friday combined?

Surfer

I really want to see Dragon Ball Z break into the top 10.

Okay, lets start making some friendly bets on how long it will take before Ant-man is beating Fantastic Four numbers for the same day. Any takers.

I am going to guess 16 days.

Surfer

...and there it is. They were better off making a part 3 years ago. At least those characters were trying to have fun and that plays well with families and kids.

And it gave us these:

Fantastic-Four-Jessica-Alba-Underwear.jpg

Sue-Storm-naked.jpg

tumblr_mo9meqb3iy1s6zpepo1_500.gif

Jessica-in-Fantastic-Four-jessica-alba-6878590-1342-2000.jpg

A little Boxoffice perspective of all-time tent-pole disasters:

John Carter: 30 million OW

The Lone Ranger: 29 million OW

Tomorrowland: 33 million OW

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - 30 million OW

FF: on its way to a sub 25 million OW.

It's not that bad, it's worse.

A couple of things learned from this Friday number.

The 40-50 mil tracking was ********.

The comparison to critic proof franchises like TMNT and Bayformers was ******** because those films looked exciting/had big eye catching set pieces.

The trailers were not good to general audiences. I have no idea why some people kept saying that the trailers were good.

25 mil OW? That means FFINO won't finish #1, or maybe even #2. I think it will have significant drop off on Sat and Sun as the bad WOM sets in.

C- cinemascore, that's an accomplishment right there. And worse than GR2? Dayum.

Deadline has FF at 27-29 million and MI5 at 28-29 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"