Fantastic Four reborn! - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
As was already said those awkwardly "shoving in japanese Shredder" reshoots did not turn Ninja Turtles into a decent film. Don't make stupid changes at the scripting level and you won't have to go back for extensive reshoots.

When I think about this movie, the first and only thing that comes to mind is how funny Miles Teller is going to look as "Mr. Fantastic". Short, semi-pudgy Miles Teller with his *****ey, super-punchable face in a "containment suit" FF costume acting all tough and rubbery.

When I think about this movie, the first and only thing that comes to mind is how funny Miles Teller is going to look as "Mr. Fantastic". Short, semi-pudgy Miles Teller with his *****ey, super-punchable face in a "containment suit" FF costume acting all tough and rubbery.

Miles Teller's Mr. Fantastic: the $2 steak of superheroes. :o

As was already said those awkwardly "shoving in japanese Shredder" reshoots did not turn Ninja Turtles into a decent film. Don't make stupid changes at the scripting level and you won't have to go back for extensive reshoots.
That don't help anyways. In fact, usually hurt.

That don't help anyways. In fact, usually hurt.
Yep that's the ironic thing Butch, they usually make the films much worse.

Anyway, what's so crazy about Doom being the ruler of a small country in a friggin comicbook movie? Why is Fox so afraid of even being semi faithful to the Doom character?

Yep that's the ironic thing Butch, they usually make the films much worse.

Anyway, what's so crazy about Doom being the ruler of a small country in a friggin comicbook movie? Why is Fox so afraid of even being semi faithful to the Doom character?
I honestly don't think this is fear. This is simply how Fox handles their comic book properties. They think they know best how to take the money out of the consumers pockets and put them in their pockets.

With Doom they continue to make him a product of the FF. So his origin and general character continually morphs to conform to them.

I honestly don't think this is fear. This is simply how Fox handles their comic book properties. They think they know best how to take the money out of the consumers pockets and put them in their pockets.

With Doom they continue to make him a product of the FF. So his origin and general character continually morphs to conform to them.
Yes although I like some of the X-Men films they have boatloads of unecessary changes. And when it comes to changes I mostly don't give a crap but Fox has a bad habit of almost having distain for the source material.

It's odd that even with inflation and Imax that an X-Men movie can't make over 250 million domestically. I know the originals would be near 300mil in today's dollars but the new films aren't making near 300 million so that info doesn't matter. They finally got great international numbers but when are the domestic numbers going to follow suit?

Yes although I like some of the X-Men films they have boatloads of unecessary changes. And when it comes to changes I mostly don't give a crap but Fox has a bad habit of almost having distain for the source material.

It's odd that even with inflation and Imax that an X-Men movie can't make over 250 million domestically. I know the originals would be near 300mil in today's dollars but the new films aren't making near 300 million so that info doesn't matter. They finally got great international numbers but when are the domestic numbers going to follow suit?

That's because the US is hip to Fox's crap, same with Bayformers and Sony's Spider-man. Their only saving grace is the foreign numbers but even Sony will admit that not having domestic moviegoers on board in a bigger way does hurt their bottom line.

I want to see Kingsman but obviously since I work on weekdays, the trailer will probably be online before then unless they really don't plan to release anything on the internet since technically they haven't released anything official outside of announcing the cast.

Less than 19 more days then.

As much money as TASM2 made overseas the film still made an estimated profit of under $25,000,000. Foreign numbers are great, but domestic numbers are still more important than any other individual country. I'm curious to see what these FF reshoots will end up costing. If the film gets too expensive, profitability will be difficult.

Any comicbook film with such huge brand recognition and such good reviews and big stars should have at least crawled over 250 million. I think there is just a ceiling for the franchise, unless Apocalypse over performs or something. I think the series is tone just fine but if it embraced it's comicbook roots in other ways the series would be bigger domestically.

Fantastic Four are very well known but if Fox can't get it's star studded well reviewed X-Men franchise to 250 million domestically a 150million gross for this FF reboot seems unlikely.

Sony spent way too much in advertising almost the budget of the movie.

Sony should have probably made $150 million if they were smarter.

I can't wait to hear how he was so superior to Ioan Gruffudd by "The Faithful".:whatever:

Any comicbook film with such huge brand recognition and such good reviews and big stars should have at least crawled over 250 million. I think there is just a ceiling for the franchise, unless Apocalypse over performs or something. I think the series is tone just fine but if it embraced it's comicbook roots in other ways the series would be bigger domestically.

Fantastic Four are very well known but if Fox can't get it's star studded well reviewed X-Men franchise to 250 million domestically a 150million gross for this FF reboot seems unlikely.

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of like 5 movies to gross over $200 million domestically in August.

I don't see FF reaching that. I agree of a ballpark of $150 million is likely.

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of like 5 movies to gross over $200 million domestically in August.

I think 140mil is the cieling. And who knows, Maybe that will enough for a sequel depending on what it does internationally.

I want to see Kingsman but obviously since I work on weekdays, the trailer will probably be online before then unless they really don't plan to release anything on the internet since technically they haven't released anything official outside of announcing the cast.

Less than 19 more days then.

According to this: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/16/uk-to-see-fantastic-four-trailer-in-13-days-january-29th/

Fox PR (not someone with an anonymous tip, but apparently someone whose job is to present information to the public) says that the trailer will be attached to some Kingsman prints on January 29th.

At that moment, the horse will be out of the barn. Millions of people will have access to the trailer and they will be offering photos, videos, their opinions etc. of it.

Fox will almost certainly release it online at that time. They won't be able to control things beyond that point and they won't want people formulating opinions based on subjective information, poor quality videos etc.

They're adding Latveria in now? I suppose Latveria will be a virtual world where blogger Doom challenges Reed Richards to an online game at the end of the movie.

They're adding Latveria in now? I suppose Latveria will be a virtual world where blogger Doom challenges Reed Richards to an online game at the end of the movie.

We don't know for sure, but I can't imagine what else Miles Teller and the FF makeup guy would be going to Romania for. I'm thinking the third act is getting a major overhaul, as we previously heard from BC.

You must mean world wide, because I can't see this film doing more than The Wolverine's Domestic numbers. I honestly hope it's doesn't make more than $10M WW considering all that we know.

Thought I'd do a bit more digging after finding that Romania bit this morning. Turns out Mr. Perez (the FF makeup guy) tweeted this back on the 16th:

Francisco X. Perez @FXPEREZ · Jan 16
@michaelb4jordan wishing you a Fantastic shoot Michael!!!

Upon further research, it seems that Creed starts filming tomorrow, meaning this "Fantastic" shoot could have been Louisiana-based FF reshoots. If so, additional filming was taking place over a week ago, additional filming is still in the works, and Simon Kinberg straight up lied about the extent of the reshoots on this film.

Boom.

Honestly when I think about it around a Wolverine gross (132million) at best does sound plausible.

Probably when they start making more relevant blockbusters. I love FC and really liked DoFP, but they feel dated, especially the latter. Comic book movies that would fit more at home before TDKT and the MCU. It also doesn't help that they continue to tell the same basic story in all the main series X-Men films.

Which is why I am curious about this new FF reboot. They sound like they are making the Sony mistake with TASM series, without the brand recognition as a safety net. Dark, gritty, "realistic".

As much money as TASM2 made overseas the film still made an estimated profit of under $25,000,000. Foreign numbers are great, but domestic numbers are still more important than any other individual country. I'm curious to see what these FF reshoots will end up costing. If the film gets too expensive, profitability will be difficult.
They also lost the merch sales for Spider-Man which is why there is a crisis. I am not sure if Fox has those for FF, but I'd assume they do have them for X-Men. Thus making those films far more potentially lucrative.

I love FC and really liked DoFP, but they feel dated, especially the latter. Comic book movies that would fit more at home before TDKT and the MCU.

How does DOFP feel dated, may I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"