Fast and Furious 6 Is A Go - Part 1

Nobody wants to go see fast cars and giant explosions except stupid people, they said.

Ironically, statements like that are incredibly stupid.

There is absolutely no connection between the movies we watch and our level of intelligence.

the "they" that Terry mentioned apparently only like mental insightful films, and can't enjoy "fun" and mindless ones

Why should anyone restrict themselves to watching one type of film. It's good to have variety.

I agree. Some of the guys at work thought it was funny when I told them I went to see Fast 6. The thing to me is, with how much movies cost and how I don't have much time to go see them now, I want big action and fun when I go to the movies. I can watch most comedies or dramas on a regular tv and not lose anything, but there is more to the experience of going to see over the top action on the big screen.

the film is bat **** crazy, buts thats what I love about the past two films.

The Rock helped the franchise survive, but more importantly all credit to Lin

I agree. Some of the guys at work thought it was funny when I told them I went to see Fast 6. The thing to me is, with how much movies cost and how I don't have much time to go see them now, I want big action and fun when I go to the movies. I can watch most comedies or dramas on a regular tv and not lose anything, but there is more to the experience of going to see over the top action on the big screen.

I don't disagree with you but unfortunately, it's because of this mentality that studios spend less money on medium size budgets these days. It's either a big event movie or a small movie that cost a nickel.

Can we agree that Gina Carano was the worst actress here? Not to say everyone's perfect but at least guys like Tyrese had sheer charisma and charm to back 'em up. Gina looked uncomfortable and awkward the entire time with bad line delieveries.

She wasn't great, I never found her terrible but yeah she is noticeably dead of any enjoyment in this film.

Can we agree that Gina Carano was the worst actress here? Not to say everyone's perfect but at least guys like Tyrese had sheer charisma and charm to back 'em up. Gina looked uncomfortable and awkward the entire time with bad line delieveries.

I agree, it really didn't seem like she was having fun or enjoying being apart of the movie. Maybe it was her trying to play the character that way, but it just came off as her looking bored and just going through the motions.

But her fight with Rodriguez was the best scene in the whole movie!

:bow:

^I don't know about all that. lol But it was great. I didn't have a problem with Carano though.

For me the worst part of FF6 (which I saw last night finally) was that Letty came back. That's no real fault of the filmmakers. I just hate Rodriguez and her scowling tough girl shtick which is always the same (was thrilled when she was offed in everything, from Resident Evil to Lost to F&F). I honestly don't understand her appeal.

A couple other small problems:

I also think with Dom there's no real need for Roman as a counterpart, so they've dumbed him down and made him into a JarJar Binks comedy-relief (another critic made the JarJar comparison).

Also there was absolutely no need for Brian to go under-cover and back to prison because it didn't advance the plot at all. Dom barely took notice, was like "lol whatev" and found out what the deal was with Letty on his own. So Brian's basically an idiot and Dom for all his talk about family doesn't pay attention to what anyone else does ever.

Also Luda as a brilliant computer hacker/analyst is as believeable as Denise Richards was as a nuclear physicist.

Despite this and the film being generally dumb as hell, I enjoyed it a lot. I never knew I could like movies that are so dumb, but the F&F series is just fun.

For me the worst part of FF6 (which I saw last night finally) was that Letty came back. That's no real fault of the filmmakers. I just hate Rodriguez and her scowling tough girl shtick which is always the same (was thrilled when she was offed in everything, from Resident Evil to Lost to F&F). I honestly don't understand her appeal.

A couple other small problems:

I also think with Dom there's no real need for Roman as a counterpart, so they've dumbed him down and made him into a JarJar Binks comedy-relief (another critic made the JarJar comparison).

Also there was absolutely no need for Brian to go under-cover and back to prison because it didn't advance the plot at all. Dom barely took notice, was like "lol whatev" and found out what the deal was with Letty on his own. So Brian's basically an idiot and Dom for all his talk about family doesn't pay attention to what anyone else does ever.

Also Luda as a brilliant computer hacker/analyst is as believeable as Denise Richards was as a nuclear physicist.

Despite this and the film being generally dumb as hell, I enjoyed it a lot. I never knew I could like movies that are so dumb, but the F&F series is just fun.

Well Roman/ Tyresse is no where near being a jar jar binks character. He is actually funny and has charisma, and he isn't playing a negative sterotype. But he was indeed the Dom character in 2 fast 2 furious and they toned him down in Fast 5 and 6.

Brian going to the prison and talking to Braga ( the villian from Fast 4) did serve a purpose, as it explained how Letty survived and her memory loss. It also told us more about Shaw since Braga was working for him. But it was weird that Dom kinda shrugged it off.

Luda is more believable as a computer hacker than Denise Richards as a neuclar scientist. Luda's acting really sells it for me unlike Denise's terrible acting. Lol

But her fight with Rodriguez was the best scene in the whole movie!

:bow:

Two beautifull fine women going at it like 2 wild cats meeeeooooowwww that was freakin hot and i agree it was one of the best scenes hands down!

I just watched the original 2001 'Fast and the Furious' today. It holds up pretty well. What I noticed was (a) Jordana Brewster used to be the hottest woman alive and (b) while Paul Walker is still no Brando, his acting has improved a lot since the first film came out. The dude is terrible in the original.

I just watched the original 2001 'Fast and the Furious' today. It holds up pretty well. What I noticed was (a) Jordana Brewster used to be the hottest woman alive and (b) while Paul Walker is still no Brando, his acting has improved a lot since the first film came out. The dude is terrible in the original.
he is a surfer cop :woot:

She wasn't great, I never found her terrible but yeah she is noticeably dead of any enjoyment in this film.

she's not the best actress i'm afraid.

but when Hobbs was reading her profile it seems like from her credentials (i can't remember his exact words) that she was stern, by the book, no nonsense type.

when the team was going to Spain, Dom refused to go without Brian and wasn't going to go until he came back.

As a fan of old school action movies when men were men and action car stunts were done with real cars I knew not to expect much from F&F6, I still like the first two F&F movies and am embarrassed to say I have them both on DVD but each installment just gets stupider and stupider.

Yeah the freeway tank chase was cool but when you have Vin Diesel doing his mid-air "Matrix" dive it's time to call it a day, and yet nobody comes out with a broken bone, you've got people hitting each other and getting back up.

It was all just dumb fun and I hope the 7th installment is the last one, I can't stand Diesel's incoherent mumbling that he makes Sly Stallone look like a master thespian.

Am also glad they killed off Han's skinny girlfriend chick, she brought nothing to the franchise.

So I bought "Fast Five"

I think it's one of the best so far and with the longest running time too. I haven't seen fast 6 yet.

I did see a comment that somehow the movie shifted into an "Ocean's Eleven" heist movie.

They even had their own version of Casey Affleck and Scott Caan with Leo and Santo's bickering back and fourth

I have to say the longer run times for these movie actually make them better than the the regular 1 hour and 47 minutes some of the movies are.

Fast 6 has the same running time as Fast Five.

Finally saw this. It was pretty good.

I liked Fast Five a lot better still. Tyrese/Rome (my favorite character) was hilarious and everyone did their jobs fine. The action was top notch and when Dom jumped to save LEtty during the tank chase...damn that was badass. They really stepped up the hand to hand fight scenes which were cool.

I think I didnt like it as much because the story didnt play out as well as the heist in the last one. And I just like heist movies in general. ALso I wish they kind of played up the whole evil counterparts thing between the crew and Shaw's team. We kind of got that at the end.

But this was cool. 7/10. Bring on Fast 7.

Oh and [BLACKOUT]the Statham cameo was cool. But I wish I didnt know it was coming. That wouldve made it so much better for me. Cant wait to see him f*** things up[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"