Favorite Ghost Rider?

I liked the Johnny Blaze version because he is the one I always picture when I think of Ghostrider and he really was the one to make Gostrider really popular.

Well, he was the one who indroduced the character to the world... and perhaps popularized him with the people of that era but he wasn't the only thing to make the character popular. The 90's version introduced a whole new generation of readers to the beauty of this character... maybe even more readers than the original.

Bump. Why you ask? Well because there are more people around the GR section these days.

Another Bump. It's been a couple months and it's just as well to keep ones like this close to the top.

Before the Blaze GR came out, I loved The Ghost Rider (at the time was called the Night Rider) it was being reprinted as the Night Rider and for some reason switched his name back in the 80's (I think).

I loved the Blaze and Ketch Ghost Riders equally, I just wished the had both Blaze and Ketch as Ghost Riders at the same time, I don't recall that ever happening, just the two hanging out together.

Dan Ketch made me start collectiong Ghost rider so my votes for him..

who was the ghost rider in the last marvel knights? im too lazy to check

It was Johnny... and that series was crap.

I've just started readin' my Dan Ketch run. Just on the Spider-Man 6, 7 crossover before issue 13 in the comic. Mcfarlane did a good Ghost Rider.

Goin' through and bumpin' some poll threads... just cuz there are new folks around and hopefully will be more soon.

I grew up reading the JB Ghost Rider, and later the Ketch version. I have every comic aswell as appearance of both, I've always thought Blaze's story was more tragic and the Ghost Rider more interesting. I really never liked Dan Ketch he just seemed like such a b*tch all the time although I did like the SOV in the book.

Yeah, I was a huge fan of the SOV as well. I really like the two as a team.

who do yall think the best gr was blaze or ketch? i like ketch his sov was deep yet still sinister. and i feel the story had a lil more meat to it.
i feel they shoulda made the movie about ketch and have johnny blaze as the mysterious previous host just like the comic(90s).the fact they are blending the 2 grs doesnt sit right for me. i wish they would just pick one or the other.i would rather have everything as it was with blaze out the 70s series then them mixing them together.
oppinions please?

i like ketch his sov was deep yet still sinister.
I don't think he was sinister or particilarly deep for that matter.

the fact they are blending the 2 grs doesnt sit right for me. i wish they would just pick one or the other.i would rather have everything as it was with blaze out the 70s series then them mixing them together.
It's going to make for a way better movie that of they just used one or the other, Blaze as a person is way more exciting, a stuntman who can ride a bike aswell as Ghost Rider. Dan Ketch, whiney biitch who delivers pizza or what ever. The Ketch Ghost Rider is way more visually exciting with the chain and spikes, yet the Blaze Ghost Rider is personality wise better for the movie.

i can agree it just doesnt seem right tho maybe im just a purist

thakey said:
i can agree it just doesnt seem right tho maybe im just a purist

Well, to be brutally honest, do you really want to see GR in the year 2007 still rocking that blue disco-shirt? It made sense for the character of Johnny Blaze, but it seems kinda hokey by today's standards. That seems to be the only real element they're changing is his costume, as it's still Blaze personality-wise. However, the giant collar...whoo-wee!

It's be like if they had Tyrese rockin' the buccaneer boots for the Luke Cage movie.

str8raz0r said:
Well, to be brutally honest, do you really want to see GR in the year 2007 still rocking that blue disco-shirt? It made sense for the character of Johnny Blaze, but it seems kinda hokey by today's standards. That seems to be the only real element they're changing is his costume, as it's still Blaze personality-wise. However, the giant collar...whoo-wee!

It's be like if they had Tyrese rockin' the buccaneer boots for the Luke Cage movie.

rofllmao!!! i guess i see ur point.but another element is the fact that the main villian is blackheart and if i recall correctly(could be wrong)he wasnt introduced til after ketch as well as the penance stare etc. but its cool i guess thier just modernizing it. i cant wait for the new book and movie.

thakey said:
who do yall think the best gr was blaze or ketch? i like ketch his sov was deep yet still sinister. and i feel the story had a lil more meat to it.
i feel they shoulda made the movie about ketch and have johnny blaze as the mysterious previous host just like the comic(90s).the fact they are blending the 2 grs doesnt sit right for me. i wish they would just pick one or the other.i would rather have everything as it was with blaze out the 70s series then them mixing them together.
oppinions please?

i agree with you, ketch is much cooler but i would want blaze in the first move and ketch in the second

str8raz0r said:
Well, to be brutally honest, do you really want to see GR in the year 2007 still rocking that blue disco-shirt?

I really don't think the old design was that bad :O It wasn't a shirt:rolleyes: , it was part of a leather outfit that was flashy because it was designed as his stage gear for performances. I loved the way they used to have a reason for every little thing they did back in the day, made it seem more real. They thought he looked cool in that getup so they created a reason, instead of just presenting him like that. Now they just do what they want with no good reasons a lot of the time. Like having a flaming skeleton ride a motorcycle...just because or being an expert rider...just because. :D <Back on topic>. I still wish they had at least incorporated the Blaze detailing on the movie jacket. But thats just MO.

str8raz0r said:
That seems to be the only real element they're changing is his costume, as it's still Blaze personality-wise.

There is one other real element they changed, and thats using ketches penance stare instead of blazes soul searing hellfire. I disagree with that move, but am happy with most else I've seen so far about the movie. This subject has already been debated to death....but I just think it was a pretty profound change, as is the bike with fire wheels instead of pure hellfire.

Riding Ghost said:
I really don't think the old design was that bad :O It wasn't a shirt:rolleyes: , it was part of a leather outfit that was flashy because it was designed as his stage gear for performances. I loved the way they used to have a reason for every little thing they did back in the day, made it seem more real. They thought he looked cool in that getup so they created a reason, instead of just presenting him like that. Now they just do what they want with no good reasons a lot of the time. Like having a flaming skeleton ride a motorcycle...just because or being an expert rider...just because. :D <Back on topic>. I still wish they had at least incorporated the Blaze detailing on the movie jacket. But thats just MO.

Oh, I am not denying that the Blaze jacket/shirt (I'm also saying shirt because Blase was wearing it under a trenchcoat in the Ketch run, but who's keeping track) was a great look...it's just that I suppose that ultimately they're trying to make this movie a money-maker, and the very flashy stylings would seem out of place in such a dark movie. I personally hope (and somehow imagine MSJ would incorporate) at least a scene where Blaze is wearing his blue suit, just as a wink at the fans.

Riding Ghost said:
There is one other real element they changed, and thats using ketches penance stare instead of blazes soul searing hellfire. I disagree with that move, but am happy with most else I've seen so far about the movie. This subject has already been debated to death....but I just think it was a pretty profound change, as is the bike with fire wheels instead of pure hellfire.

Hey, who says he won't throw some hellfire around? I'll take both!

str8raz0r said:
I personally hope (and somehow imagine MSJ would incorporate) at least a scene where Blaze is wearing his blue suit, just as a wink at the fans.

Hey, who says he won't throw some hellfire around? I'll take both!

Im hoping that maybe in the early flashback scene w/ a young Blaze he might be wearing something similar to the old 70's leather jumpsuit. it would be set in the 80s so it wouldnt seem too much out of place. sounds like another question for Mark to answer :)

as far as throwing Hellfire i believe MSJ has confirmed that GR will not only shoot Hellfire from the shotgun but actually throw it as well. maybe GR figures using the shotgun is a better means of delivering his Hellfire rather than throwing it by hand.

I personally hope that Blaze is not wearing the jumper in the movie (well, maybe a flashback scene with it wouldn't be a bad thing afterall), but rather the shirt he wore in volume 2 which had that same stripe going across the chest, at least at one point in the movie.

Would make me feel good to see that.

I believe Biggun is right that MSJ said Ghostie will be using both the shotgun and shoot fire from his hands. I don't know why he's doing both, but this might mean to throw hellfire Ghostie will need to remove his gloves to do so. Which could come off looking real impressive on screen.

BIGGUN said:
Im hoping that maybe in the early flashback scene w/ a young Blaze he might be wearing something similar to the old 70's leather jumpsuit. it would be set in the 80s so it wouldnt seem too much out of place. sounds like another question for Mark to answer :)

That would be cool :up:

BIGGUN said:
maybe GR figures using the shotgun is a better means of delivering his Hellfire rather than throwing it by hand.

Of course if thats the only difference, Is it possible souls will still be burnt by the fire, or will it just be a physical type fire thing?

NDX said:
I believe Biggun is right that MSJ said Ghostie will be using both the shotgun and shoot fire from his hands. I don't know why he's doing both, but this might mean to throw hellfire Ghostie will need to remove his gloves to do so. Which could come off looking real impressive on screen.

Actually, I believe Biggun was refering to GR throwing fireballs/fire, which is a little different than shooting fire from his hands. It may end up looking similar, but technically 2 different things :D

Maybe they will put Eva in his old leather suit for a scene, that would be hawt!:up:

Uncanny Orb said:
Maybe they will put Eva in his old leather suit for a scene, that would be hawt!:up:

Well, I'm off to change my pants now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"