• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started watching Once Upon a Time after TWS. Seeing his Hatter gave me a whole new appreciation for him.

Oh yea, to go from a character as stoic as The Winter Soldier to being as campy as he was as The Hatter.

He was also really good on the TV series Kings, and Political Animals, and he's good in I, Tonya.

He definitely has more acting abilities than he gets the chance to show in the MCU. In fact, given how Bucky is a potential goldmine of inner torment, it's kind of a shame they haven't really gone into it, because in both Kings and Political Animals, Stan really excels playing characters who are tortured angstfests. There's scene on Kings where Stan gets chewed out by his dad Ian McShane over being gay and a disgrace to him and basically just slowly implodes in on himself while McShane is ripping him a new one.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Should we hang a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" while we muse about Sebastian Stan? :D People might want their politics forum back.

Not me, mind you. I love me some Sebastian.

Should we hang a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" while we muse about Sebastian Stan? :D People might want their politics forum back.

Not me, mind you. I love me some Sebastian.

Oh yea.

Um....::clears throat, pulls up big boy pants::

Let’s get back on topic, people.

::stern nod::

And the plus side, it looks like a bi-partisan prison reform bill is getting signed today. Sounds like a great first step, as it apparently shortens a lot of mandatory minimums.

Jeff Sessions was against it, so you know it had to be good.

**cough** we can... uh.. continue our discussions about Seb in one of the Winter Soldier Threads I'm sure ;)

Back on topic, just some articles regarding some of the recent tantrumps........... (you know what... that's totally a typo, but I'm leaving it because it totally works *lol*) - some of these may have already been posted, apologies if they have been

Vanity Fair on the lack of presence at the cemetery in France
“Insanity”: Trump’s Post-Midterms Blues Are Roiling the White House
One Republican briefed on the internal discussions said the real reason Trump did not want to go was because there would be no tent to stand under. “He was worried his hair was going to get messed up in the rain,” the source said. “[John] Bolton and everyone was telling him this was a big mistake.” A former administration official said Trump hates being outside in wet conditions. “What I honestly think? He woke up and said, ‘It’s pouring rain. This is a joke and I’m not doing this.’”

There's the Daily Caller Interview
Full Transcript Of Trump’s Oval Office Interview With The Daily Caller
You can only put in a number of people that are registered voters or live there. Now they’re, I guess they were trying to take illegal voters but these are — I’ve been saying, this is a problem all over the country by the way. This is what I’ve been saying.

This is a problem in California that’s so bad of illegals voting. This is a California problem and if you notice, almost every race — I was watching today — out of like 11 races that are in question they’re gonna win all of them.

The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes, which is what I’ve been saying for a long time. I have no doubt about it. And I’ve seen it, I’ve had friends talk about it when people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.

The disgrace is that, voter ID. If you buy, you know, a box of cereal, if you do anything, you have a voter ID.

Well, over here, the only thing you don’t is if you’re a voter of the United States. A voter in the United States of America. I think it’s a disgrace what’s going on. Really a disgrace. And they try to shame everybody by calling them racist or calling them something, anything they can think of, when you say you want voter ID. But voter ID is a very important thing.

If you look at what happened in New Hampshire, where thousands of people came up and voted from a very liberal part of Massachusetts and they came up in buses and they voted. I said, ‘what’s going on over here,’ my people said, ‘you won New Hampshire easily except they have tremendous numbers of buses coming up.’ They’re pouring up by the hundreds, buses of people getting out, voting. Then they’re supposed to go back within 90 days. And of the people that are supposed to go back, almost none of them do. In other words, they go back after the vote is over. They go back — and I think it’s like three percent — I mean, almost nobody goes back to show that, you know, that they were allowed to vote. And so what do you do? Recall the election. Recall the election. I mean, there, you should be able to recall the election.

I love how he clearly has no idea what the hell Voter ID is. He's such an ass. Whenever he loses, she just makes up fraud. It's so gross.

I love how he clearly has no idea what the hell Voter ID is. He's such an ass. Whenever he loses, she just makes up fraud. It's so gross.

I just laugh at the irony that conservatives/evangelicals/libertarians for forever were actually against a truly national ID card or system for decades because A. They connected it to "the mark of The Beast" and B. Various business interests that knowingly employed illegal immigrants didn't want a crimp in their supply of workers they could pay like **** and treat like ****.

And the plus side, it looks like a bi-partisan prison reform bill is getting signed today. Sounds like a great first step, as it apparently shortens a lot of mandatory minimums.

Jeff Sessions was against it, so you know it had to be good.
Yeah, I was surprised to see something useful get done for once.

One positive thing is this prison reform bill though. If these parties can stop trying to screw the country (the republicans probably 80% and dems probably 20%), and focus on issues at hand that they can fix then not all is lost with this presidency.

The next step is infrastructure; major problem is though is what will pay for the updates needed to infrastructure and the military? Taxes have been slashed at the wrong time. For all of our military spending, an interesting report came out which was quite critical of the deficiencies in the US miltary

US military 'losing its competitive edge'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back